"Fire" by Dead By Sunrise

LESTAT

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A pity that the only song on the myspace page is the Morning After remix ... why not finally put on at least one "original" song to promote the record, if it's only the original Morning After version, which won't be on the album anyway ...

I think it's funny that we've only heard 29 secs of the finished album and people are already judging how the entire thing sounds. The other songs have been acoustic or could be different from 08. You wont know until you hear it.

I think it's funny that we've only heard 29 secs of the finished album and people are already judging how the entire thing sounds. The other songs have been acoustic or could be different from 08. You wont know until you hear it.

If you listened to Chris Cornell's "Part of Me" for 29 seconds before it was released, would you think there was a possibility that the other songs could be radically better? I know it's a far fetched comparison, but it explains my point I guess.

What makes you say that?

So far, for the songs we've got to listen to, acoustic or not, don't seem to be worth a solo project. There's just nothing new about them, nothing interesting that would motivate me to give this record a try (other than the fact that I am a linkin park fan).

But leaving the music aside, this album is doomed. It's supposed to be out in some months but very little people (outside the linkin park and julienk circles) know about this and since it's not a musical revelation many people probably will never even know this existed.

If you listened to Chris Cornell's "Part of Me" for 29 seconds before it was released, would you think there was a possibility that the other songs could be radically better? I know it's a far fetched comparison, but it explains my point I guess.

So far, for the songs we've got to listen to, acoustic or not, don't seem to be worth a solo project. There's just nothing new about them, nothing interesting that would motivate me to give this record a try (other than the fact that I am a linkin park fan).

But leaving the music aside, this album is doomed. It's supposed to be out in some months but very little people (outside the linkin park and julienk circles) know about this and since it's not a musical revelation many people probably will never even know this existed.

Yeah, fort minor is the better side project. I agree with this band being very unknown.

I really do not understand how people can say that they don't like the album so far. We have heard 4 songs from the album, live, and in horrible quality and then the 30 second clip of Fire. Seriously, how can you judge anything so far? We haven't heard the album. I love how people always have to criticize things, no matter what. I swear, if LP said they were releasing a new song tomorrow, without even hearing a clip or anything, people would say that they didn't like it. Jesus fucking christ.

So what if they're live? what kind of argument is that?

5 songs out of 13 (supposedly), its like one third of the album already and you think it's not enough?. You don't need HQ recordings to get an idea of where they are going with the album. It's not likely they chose to promote the album through 5 of the least interesting tracks in it.

I really do not understand how people can say that they don't like the album so far. We have heard 4 songs from the album, live, and in horrible quality and then the 30 second clip of Fire. Seriously, how can you judge anything so far? We haven't heard the album. I love how people always have to criticize things, no matter what. I swear, if LP said they were releasing a new song tomorrow, without even hearing a clip or anything, people would say that they didn't like it. Jesus fucking christ.

Agreed!

And BTW the photo of DBS Flying is creepy....