New Divide Live On Jimmy Kimmel / MTV

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Official rip's from the jimmy kimmel live channel on YouTube. Really HQ :)

ND:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tdQ9QzomjU...re=channel_page

WID:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcQ4Ip0zTPY...re=channel_page

WID: http://www.dedicated.it/whativedone062209jkl.mp4

ND: http://www.dedicated.it/newdivide062209jkl.mp4

Not ripped, direct downloaded from YouTube HD :)

I dont know why you guys were bitchin a lot about chester's voice!

He sounded great

he had a lot more problems in his first performances of Pieces/WID/SOTD and he used to sound really bad in VD

but he just sounds awesome doing ND..

Just to quickly cut in there ... you mean Valentine's Day? Not sure what you found wrong with that, I think Chester's first performance of that song (Hannover) still remains by far the best, at least regarding the verses. His voice is just incredible in certain parts.

Interesting thing I thought I'd mention. Talinda on her blog was asked about Chester's voice going flat during New Divide, and she replied that it was the sound guy messing up.

Is that just an excuse (defend your man Talinda!) or were some of the other band members flat causing Chester to sing out of key as well? I figure if anyone would have an ear for that it would be Astat but does anyone have some incite into this?

this is Mike's comment on Celemony on their website

If you've captured an amazing performance that has 100 % of the emotion you're looking for, but only 80-90 % of the pitch and time accuracy, Melodyne is your key to making it a keeper. It's a necessary tool in the studio!

Mike Shinoda (Linkin Park)

I hope Chaz warms up his vocals better and starts singing on a more reg. basis, because that was way to off, even for chester

Edited by FaiNt

Well i disagree with all of you on Chester's vocals. I was there live and thought he sounded awesome live. All those fan videos didn't do the New Divide performance Justice. They are nothing compared to the live performance. I don't care how much you guys say you know about music but he sounded great on the song for the first time in-front of an audience (not counting the 4 MFR winners). Edited by arbiter

when you are actually there live at a performance. I don't expect to hear studio like vocals, guitars etc. I go there to see how the band wanted to express their music, and how they feel. So watching a live performance from youtube, people will tend to view it as a "studio" type performance. and will critique how the vocals sound

Edited by FaiNt

Loved the 3-shot view of New Divide. Excellent quality, excellent shots, and a very neat setting in the middle of a a LA boulevard.

Observations that I liked:

-Band looks on top of their game right now, very much like they did in 2006 for Summer Sonic. They seem renergized and Chester's back operation doesn't seem like it has caused him to stop performing like a madman on stage which is a huge plus. No More Sorrow and Faint would not be the same if he didn't go crazy like he does... and it was great to see he how well the band performed Faint and the outro.

-The band, as they typically do in "new eras" already have a new "look" in my eyes. During the MTM run, Brad went from rock-in-ears to Indie style guy. He has changed his appearance the most out of any of them and it suits him well. He looks excellent, 100x better than he did in any MTM show or appearance. Joe has a slight new look as well and I really expect him to have much bigger role in the upcoming album and shows... during MTM shows, he just clearly looked like he didn't want to be there. Rob looks more glamourized, hate his hair, looks like a greaser. But overall, the band looks great.

-New Divide, even though this was really the first time in front of a big audience sounds, really good. The audience videos, the intro was outstanding and loud as fuck. Really think that would be a good intro.

-The setlists have to and will kick ass this summer. The band knows they can't be walking into this historic venues as a headliner with all those crazy metal heads and consistently play the slow shit. This isn't part of MTM cycle anymore, so I wouldn't be surprised to see LOATR/Shadow dropped from a few sets.

i wrote this on Mike's blog

My comment or question for you is. knowing that your headlining at summersonic this summer... and that there are going to be vast majority of metal heads at that show... are you guys prepared to drop some ballads like SOTD/LOATR even tho they are singles? Are you guys going to lean towards a more hard rock/ fast tempo set list? i can see you guys doing.... Reading my eyes, a place for my head, with you, by myself, no more sorrow, given up, faint, new divide... lying from you, the little things, breaking the habit.. maybe like Session/cure for the itch for Joe to be more vocal i guess you can say during performances. Maybe the infamous no roads left? haha fans want that angel voice mike haha

this is Mike's comment on Celemony on their website

I hope Chaz warms up his vocals better and starts singing on a more reg. basis, because that was way to off, even for chester

Celemony? What website are you referring to? Can you post a link please?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.

Edited by Xero21

Terrible.

The MTV version was much better than the Jimmy Kimmel one. MUCH better. On Kimmel they did some 3-way screen split with terrible video cuts. Then on the bridge they did black/white for a minute then it was like black/white/orange. Simply too much video editing. The MTV version was a straight, epic proshot version. No need to edit the video for the first performance so much. Kimmel version was failure.

Then What I've Done. Where the hell was that? They showed the intro and about 10 seconds of the song and BAM the show ended. What in the world. Fail again.

I hope there's an MTV rip....

Posted Image

Edited by Geki

Interesting thing I thought I'd mention. Talinda on her blog was asked about Chester's voice going flat during New Divide, and she replied that it was the sound guy messing up.

Is that just an excuse (defend your man Talinda!) or were some of the other band members flat causing Chester to sing out of key as well? I figure if anyone would have an ear for that it would be Astat but does anyone have some incite into this?

It can be a legitimate excuse at times. As a singer, not being able to hear yourself on stage is about the lonliest feeling there is. If your monitors go out (in Chester's case, his in-ear monitors), it's hard to hear yourself, because the PA system hangs in front of the stage, pointed away from you. All you can really hear on stage without monitors is sound that comes from behind you - the guitar/bass amplifiers and the drums. So if something happened that caused Chester's IEM's to go out, I can imagine it would cause him to go flat, but then again, Chester's always pulling them out of his ears in the middle of shows anyway so he can hear the crowd better, so I can't imagine he'd need them THAT badly to find his pitches.

Thanks for the video!

Wow! Now I have to say the mixing technique is amazing nowaday!

They can fix pitch like that now!! I am so not updated.

Anyway, Chester now sounds good in the video! :P

No matter what, I think it is a good 1st performance of New Divide.

Hope Chester will do better then the song will be perfect.

Edited by chazmike