New Divide Live On Jimmy Kimmel / MTV

From LP.com,

Last night, Linkin Park played a short set at the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen premiere in Los Angeles. If you missed the show last night, you'll be able to watch their performance of "What I've Done" and the first ever live performance of "New Divide" tonight on Jimmy Kimmel Live at 12:05/11:05 CT on ABC!

Alright, two songs proshot from the show! Anyone want to do us a favor and record it in DVD format for the fans? Hopefully this won't be like the Jimmy Kimmel performance from 2007 where they played 'What I've Done' and 'Bleed It Out' to be shown on TV but we never got a good copy of the video.

Thanks to Adam for the news!

EDIT:

New Divide (Live) MP3 (192 kb/s) (right click > save as)

New Divide Live on Jimmy Kimmel (YouTube) | Download (HD Version)

What I've Done Live on Jimmy Kimmel (YouTube) | Download (HD Version)

Thanks to The Audio Perv for the video! Thanks to Nameless from linkinpark.it for the HD links!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike has posted new pictures on his blog of the Transformers 2: Revenge Of The Fallen premiere. The full post with all of the pictures can be seen here.

"Revenge Of The Fallen premiere. Phoenix got stuck in traffic, so we had to do some photos and interviews without him. We watched the movie, then went outside to perform a (somewhat) surprise short live set. That stage was really slippery! All in all, a pretty fun night. Thanks to everyone who showed up!" -Mike

Now we know what happened to Phoenix!

And

is really good video of 'New Divide'.

-

New Divide aired on MTV at 10:10pm EST with a proper introduction from Shia LaBeouf. The proshot quality is hands down better than the fan videos from last night, of course. Major props to Pooch and the rest of the crew that's spent all night and all day today fixing the mix up to A+ standards. Thanks for making Mike audible on vocals! Excellent performance. What I've Done/New Divide on Jimmy Kimmel Live! later tonight as well.

Edited by Hahninator

Terrible.

The MTV version was much better than the Jimmy Kimmel one. MUCH better. On Kimmel they did some 3-way screen split with terrible video cuts. Then on the bridge they did black/white for a minute then it was like black/white/orange. Simply too much video editing. The MTV version was a straight, epic proshot version. No need to edit the video for the first performance so much. Kimmel version was failure.

Then What I've Done. Where the hell was that? They showed the intro and about 10 seconds of the song and BAM the show ended. What in the world. Fail again.

I hope there's an MTV rip....

1. never watching jimmy d-bag again. crappy show other than that hotty before LP

2. TERRRIBLEEEE editing of new divide. AWFUL camera angles, terrible lighting job/addition, and terrible sound. the bass on my speaker system sounded just f*cking awful.

3. i have work at 8am and could've gone to bed after the 10:10 showing of new divide on mtv which was edited WAYYYY better.

i am so disappointed in jimmy kimmel that i dont even know how to describe how annoyed i am

i could've gotten a great night of sleep.

screw you jimmy.

Terrible.

The MTV version was much better than the Jimmy Kimmel one. MUCH better. On Kimmel they did some 3-way screen split with terrible video cuts. Then on the bridge they did black/white for a minute then it was like black/white/orange. Simply too much video editing. The MTV version was a straight, epic proshot version. No need to edit the video for the first performance so much. Kimmel version was failure.

3-way screen = epic win. How can you complain about a multi-cam mix of anything?

Then What I've Done. Where the hell was that? They showed the intro and about 10 seconds of the song and BAM the show ended. What in the world. Fail again.

The EXACT same thing happened the last time they were on Kimmel, and almost always happens with all Kimmel performances.

1. never watching jimmy d-bag again. crappy show other than that hotty before LP

2. TERRRIBLEEEE editing of new divide. AWFUL camera angles, terrible lighting job/addition, and terrible sound. the bass on my speaker system sounded just f*cking awful.

3. i have work at 8am and could've gone to bed after the 10:10 showing of new divide on mtv which was edited WAYYYY better.

i am so disappointed in jimmy kimmel that i dont even know how to describe how annoyed i am

i could've gotten a great night of sleep.

screw you jimmy.

Because I'm sure you'd rather have no proshot video of New Divide at all. :rolleyes: Most of those camera angles were identical to what the camera crew shot on the big screens at the show itself, watch the audience videos on Youtube when people filmed the screens. Your speaker system must not be very good, because the mix sounded just fine on my TV.

Edited by Astat

3-way screen = epic win. How can you complain about a multi-cam mix of anything?

The EXACT same thing happened the last time they were on Kimmel, and almost always happens with all Kimmel performances.

Just not a fan of the screen being split. Not my personal taste. I thought last time LP was on Kimmel they aired all of WID/BIO. Right?

Sry for the double post, but u also realize this is the first proshot we have of the WID intro?

They didn't show the WID intro, the video started when the piano did.

Just not a fan of the screen being split. Not my personal taste. I thought last time LP was on Kimmel they aired all of WID/BIO. Right?

No, Bleed it Out cut off after the second chorus on the '07 Jimmy Kimmel video.

Whoops, meant to edit that into my last post.

Edited by AndOne

Bad quality, yuck. Sucks there's no intro.

I'm glad LP got Pooch to mix everything they do now essentially. Very nice job. Sounds just like a normal LP DSP, lol. I like Brad's part on the bridge.

Speaking of Brad, his movement is great as well. Nice job Pooch on the mix.

Speaking of editing the hell out of Chester's ND vocals,

"We can fix it in the mix. Thank god for Celemony's Melodyne. That's all I have to say about that...... (google it if you are not a sound geek)"