2024.09.24 - London, England (The O2)

RogueSoul

Linkin Park have returned, and they simply have not stopped giving. The From Zero World Tour is over halfway through its first run of shows, the fourth show taking place at the iconic O2 in London, England on September 24, 2024. What does Linkin Park have in store next for Europe and the fans? Let's get into it.

GTC204575H_LINKIN_PARK_WEB_New_size_only

The first three shows of this trek have been nothing short of an adventure. From the very first show on September 5 at the LPU livestream event in Los Angeles, California to the most recent in Hamburg, Germany at the Barclays Arena on September 22, every show has has the whole fanbase watching closely. Hamburg - Linkin Park's first European show in seven years, since Chester's passing - featured what the band called "Long Set A," which wasn't really any much longer than the original Set A that they played at the first full show at the Kia Forum in Los Angeles, California, but did feature one major difference: instead of deep cut 'Keys To The Kingdom,' the band performed the second world premiere of the cycle with the thrilling 'Heavy Is The Crown' live debut. Featuring Emily Armstrong with some of her finest heavy vocals yet, the band really fires off on all cylinders here. The new song from From Zero features some rapid rap verses from Mike, some The Hunting Party reminiscent choruses, and a heavy Meteora-type bridge featuring a ten-second scream from Emily! Every track we hear makes us even more excited for the record - what did you think of the song? It's coming out tomorrow, September 24 as the anthem of the League Of Legends Worlds 2024 championship, which, if you haven't noticed, is the day of this show! Besides that, the rest of Set A stayed intact, with the interludes and intros featuring lyrics from 'Castle Of Glass' and 'Lost In The Echo' being performed in the rotation slot (with some excellent work by Colin Brittain, might I add).

The question still remains: what will Set B contain? We've seen Set A (Los Angeles) and Set C (Brooklyn, New York on September 16) main differences between sets have been the song lyrics used in the interludes and intro (in Set A, 'Castle Of Glass' is used, while 'Burn It Down' is used in Set C) and the rotation slot. Set A features 'Lost In The Echo' being performed for the first time in its entirety since January 2014, and Set C features 'A Place For My Head,' a legendary live song. Europe have introduced the "Long" sets, which seem to just swap 'Keys to The Kingdom' with 'Heavy Is The Crown.' The first question is, which song will be used for the intros of Set B? The other two are both singles from Living Things, which props up the likes of 'Lost In The Echo' or perhaps 'Powerless,' which would be a first for the latter. 'Roads Untraveled' has been used as an intro previously in 2017, which makes it another possibility. They could break the trend and pick another song from the discography outside the album as well, and they've been breaking trends this with pretty much everything with this cycle. The other, probably far more important question, is what song will be in the rotation slot. The other "regular" rotations from the past like 'Lying From You,' 'Points Of Authority,' and 'Papercut' all have firm positions in the set, leaving few options outside tracks like 'From The Inside' or maybe redemption for 'Keys To The Kingdom' and The Hunting Party. The could dig into the deep cuts and whip out an old jam like 'No More Sorrow,' 'Figure.09,' or 'Blackout,' but that may be raising the bar too high. Anything is possible with this new lineup now, though, and we're excited to find out! Let us know your guesses for both, and hopefully we'll see the debut of Set B in London and get all the questions answered!

LPLive member sckofelng's video of the world premiere of 'Heavy Is The Crown' from Hamburg, Germany on September 22, 2024. More of his videos are being uploaded to the LPLive YouTube channel tonight, so keep checking back!

It's no shock that Linkin Park is returning to the United Kingdom on their first trek back, as they've had many important moments here over their career: some of the final shows with Chester in July 2017, the legendary Milton Keynes show that was filmed for 2008's Road To Revolution featuring Jay-Z, and Hybrid Theory being performed in its entirety at Download 2014 are just a few of the huge moments the band has had in the country in their career. With this being their 28th appearance in the just London overall (not counting 2008's London, Ontario show), we have a lot to cover. Let's go back to the most recent shows, where the band performed two back-to-back nights at The O2 at the end of the tour One More Light European Tour in July 2017, the first at the arena and the second at the legendary Academy Brixton. The band performed a longer setlist at these shows due to having no opening act, making it their longest shows in the careers up until that point. The first show, July 3, 2017, featured a lot of goodies from One More Light, including 'Invisible' and a special 'Sharp Edges.' A rare 'Hands Held High' verse preceded 'Invisible,' making it the first time since August 2009 that the song had been performed like that and the first time since June 2014 that the song had featured in a set, where it was part of Mike's original Solo Medley. 'Good Goodbye' was performed for the first time in its entirety after being performed as a shortened version prior, because Stormzy was there to perform his own verse. 'From The Inside' was added after 'New Divide' to make up for some more time, and 'Somewhere I Belong' featured in the normal rotation slot. The next show on July 4, billed as One More Night in London, saw Stormzy come back out and 'Points Of Authority' and 'A Place For My Head' in the rotation spots. 'Faint' closed the second show, swapping spots with 'Bleed It Out,' the latter having a verse of the rare Xero song 'Reading My Eyes' over the extended bridge. Jon Green also came out for 'Nobody Can Save Me' for the first time - fans will remember him as the hero in the shadows of the band's performance at the band's Hollywood Bowl Chester Tribute. The band visited the city earlier on in the year for the One More Light Promotional Tour, with Mike and Chester making some appearances at YouTube Music Space and Warner Bros Records to drop some Q&As and some piano performances of songs like 'Heavy' and 'Battle Symphony.'

Linkin Park topped off their The Hunting Party European Tour with two back-to-back performances in London's O2 as well in 2014. Night one on November 23 featured many Hunting Party specials right off the grill, like 'Guilty All The Same,' 'Rebellion,' and 'Final Masquerade.' This set featured a full performance of 'With You,' the 2014 version of Collision Course's 'Dirt Off Your Shoulder/Lying From You,' and 'Somewhere I Belong,' as well as a 'Points Of Authority' rap between 'New Divide' and 'Until It's Gone' in the encore. The next show on November 24 closed out the tour, saw 'Points Of Authority' and 'With You' get swapped in positions, and 'Crawling' was performed in the encore at a shortened and sped-up version. As the band missed the U.K. on the Living Things World Tour, these were also the first performances of songs like 'Burn It Down,' 'Lost In The Echo,' and 'Castle Of Glass' in the country.

Linkin Park performing 'Good Goodbye' in its entirety for the second time ever with Stormzy live in London, England on July 4, 2017.

The band was no stranger to London during the A Thousand Suns World Tour, however. With three total performances there during the cycle, all featured the band at their best at the time. The iconic iTunes Festival 2011 performance was the last on the cycle for the country, featuring well-tuned A Thousand Suns tracks like 'Iridescent' and 'Waiting For The End,' as well as a special performance of Adele's 'Rolling In The Deep' by Mike and Chester. The full show was webcast, and selections from the show were released as a Live EP on iTunes. The band topped off their first European Tour of the cycle in 2010 with another set of back-to-back nights at the O2 Arena (it's quite shocking, frankly, that this 2024 show isn't a back-to-back set). The first show on November 10 saw the band open with 'The Requiem' and 'The Radiance,' before blasting into fresh tracks like 'Wretches and Kings' and 'When They Come For Me.' The second show on November 11 was the site of the very first LPU Summit, a tradition we'd like to see return on the upcoming tour! Earlier in the day, the band treated LPU members to an exclusive behind-the-scenes event, taking questions and even letting fans check out the stage. An assortment of Brad, Mike, and Chester performed acoustic versions of 'Leave Out All The Rest' and 'The Messenger,' before the show that night treated fans to an opening of 'Fallout' and 'The Catalyst' for the very first time. 'From The Inside' was also brought back at this show after being soundchecked earlier in the day. 

Unsurprisingly, the band ended their Winter Minutes To Midnight European Tour in January 2008 with two shows at the O2. The first night on January 28 featured Set T, which opened explosively with 'What I've Done' with its AMBO Intro into 'Faint,' 'No More Sorrow,' 'Somewhere I Belong,' 'Lying From You,' 'From The Inside,' and 'Points Of Authority.' Holy shit. Other highlights of the show include rare performances of 'Valentine's Day,' a full 'Hands Held High,' 'My December,' and a rare and brief cover of Rihanna's 'Umbrella' by Mike on piano. The second night on January 29 opened with 'No More Sorrow' and 'Don't Stay,' which is just as filthy. 'The Little Things Give You Away' and 'In Between' rounded out the night's goodies. The band played a number of promotional appearances before the album came out in May 2007, including a full intimate show at the Astoria, treating fans to previously unheard tracks like 'Given Up' and 'No More Sorrow.'

The DSP recording of the band's first night in London on January 28, 2008. The first seven songs of this show is a simply insane run for any band.

The Meteora World Tour did not feature any back-to-back nights in the city, but they did visit on multiple occasions. The band exploded in the Wembley Arena in November 2003, featuring a special setlist with 'Breaking The Habit' fresh off its live debut, a mashup version of 'Nobody's Listening' (that we only recently discovered), and a full 'It's Goin' Down.' 'Papercut' opened the show with a new intro, while 'My December' and Reanimation's 'P5hng Me A*wy' opened the encore. The band played a show there before the album came out during the LP Underground Tour in March 2003, dusting off new Meteora tracks and delivering rare performances of 'Hit The Floor' and 'Easier To Run.' The band made a number of promo appearances around this time, including an appearance on Top Of The Pops and CD:UK/Headliners, which both featured even rarer performances of 'A.06,' with Chester singing part of Deftones' 'My Own Summer (Shove It)' over it at Top Of The Pops. The band also played 'A.06' at their show that summer ahead of their appearance at Reading and Leeds at the Kerrang! Awards which was also held in London. Something about the city really brought that song out of them at the time!

Linkin Park played seven shows in 2001 alone in London on the Hybrid Theory World Tour. In September 2001, the band played a legendary headlining show at Docklands Arena, a recording of which we released in 2012 for our 6th anniversary and has since become a legendary recording amongst the hardcore fanbase. Though they dropped 'Step Up' from this show, the set was full with big moments like 'High Voltage,' 'And One,' 'By Myself,' and a tease of Guns 'n' Roses' 'Sweet Child O' Mine' before 'One Step Closer.' The band played a set for BBC Radio One's Lamacq Live show, performing Hybrid Theory almost its entirety and out of order, subbing in 'High Voltage' for 'Cure For The Itch.' Before the that, the band ended their globe-spanning US-To-Europe Tour in June 2001 at their first show at the Brixton Academy, which featured the live debut of Chester's 'Morning After,' which he performed acoustically to open the encore. The song would later become a Dead By Sunrise song. The set opened with a huge combo of 'A Place For My Head' and 'Forgotten,' and had the last performance of 'Cure For The Itch' until 2007.  Linkin Park opened for the Deftones' 'Back To School' Tour at the Docklands Arena in March 2001, winning fans over with a set that opened with an eruption of 'With You' and 'Runaway.' The band's very first show in England was in London in January 2001, delivering a set at TUTU's with featured raw performances of 'By Myself' and 'In The End.' The band also did a BBC Radio One Evening Session set a night later. 

This legendary video of Linkin Park performing 'High Voltage' at the Docklands Arena in London, England on September 16, 2001 will never get old.

This will be the last stop of the tour that grandson opens, and while his presence will be sorely missed going forward, his mark will not be forgotten and he'll definitely deliver once again in London! This man is just as excited as all of us are for the return of Linkin Park, asking fans at each show, "are you ready to be a part of music history tonight... Are you ready for the return for the greatest show in music, Linkin Park?!" grandson opens with part of Mike's 'Running From My Shadow' from Post Traumatic which he featured on, and was part of his come-up in 2018. He then blasts through some of his bigger songs like '6:00' and the Shinoda-produced 'Riptide' before taking a slower moment with his song 'Heather,' dedicating it to Chester and everyone who couldn't be here with us to experience the return of Linkin Park. He closes out with his massive 'Blood // Water' before joining fans in the pit to jam out to Linkin Park!

Who's going to the show?! LPLive staff member PEPPEPARK will be in the crowd, so if you see him be sure to say hi! Weatherman Rogue Soul reporting a cloudy day with some chillier temperatures, so stay comfy but be ready to jam! If you missed it yesterday, the official merchandise booth will be open again before the show outside the venue from 1pm. As of right now this is the band's last European show on the schedule before they head off to Asia to wrap up their September run of shows in Seoul, South Korea on September 28. However, rumors are popping up that more tour dates are following, popping up around the sole Colombia date on November 11. Rumors state that Paris, France may have a show on November 3, and the band may appear to perform 'Heavy Is The Crown' at the Worlds 2024 closing ceremony in London on November 2, perhaps booking some more dates around that period in the continent. Rumors are also rife for South America, with shows possible in BrazilArgentina, and Chile around the same time. 'Heavy Is The Crown' drops tomorrow, September 24, and Linkin Park's new album From Zero is out November 15.

We'll have updates for you on the show, and will be bringing it to live here and on social media (Twitter/X, Instagram, and Facebook), so be sure to follow us and sign up on the forums!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

With LITE and APFMH, I'm gonna guess the theme of the slot is "high energy songs Mike is proud of", which would make me think Wastelands is a possibility (though it's kinda similar to HITC), Rebellion or maybe Blackout? Check his tier rating lol 

I would love for Rebellion to be played again. I love that song. One of my favorites from THP!

I’ll be there. First show since Manchester in November 2014.

Didn’t think this day would ever come! 🤩

Hoping for APFMH (only seen it once in 9 shows!) but also hoping that Keys finds a way back in as I’m so desperate to see that song - it’s in my top 3 LP songs. 

Fully expect we’ll get HITC, but whether it takes up Keys spot, or replaces LITE and APFMH and we get Keys/APFMH in encore then that would probably be a decent compromise for me if I can see one of the two. 

Looking forward to seeing faces old and new!

I’m so excited!! And a little anxious!! 

I’ve not seen anything live (other than the secret show) and avoided the setlists so it’s all brand new to me! 

Anyone going come say hi to me! Tall blonde and I’ll be with Simon from LPfuse! 

I really thought I’d never see LP again. 

8 hours ago, YRQRM0 said:

With LITE and APFMH, I'm gonna guess the theme of the slot is "high energy songs Mike is proud of", which would make me think Wastelands is a possibility (though it's kinda similar to HITC), Rebellion or maybe Blackout? Check his tier rating lol 

Blackout would make total sense and would sound amazing with Emily's voice.

21 hours ago, Rob_Wilson said:

I’ll be there. First show since Manchester in November 2014.

Didn’t think this day would ever come! 🤩

Hoping for APFMH (only seen it once in 9 shows!) but also hoping that Keys finds a way back in as I’m so desperate to see that song - it’s in my top 3 LP songs. 

Fully expect we’ll get HITC, but whether it takes up Keys spot, or replaces LITE and APFMH and we get Keys/APFMH in encore then that would probably be a decent compromise for me if I can see one of the two. 

Looking forward to seeing faces old and new!

Rob! Yes! Enjoy the show mate - S

Edited by Sukotto

58 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

I could imagine Blackout being another song where Mike takes over verse vocals like Points of Authority and Leave Out All the Rest.

I can't see Mike taking on more vocals in Blackout. Even so, I got curious about how it would be.

10 minutes ago, IMP757 said:

Them singing in harmony for the outro would be awesome as well. Really hope it gets played in full again at some point!

Me too! Where do I sign up to make that happen? 🤣