Event for LPU members on Thursday, September 5th

martinez

Linkin Park just announced the event that will take place in Los Angeles on Thursday, September 5, between 12:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. The even will be exclusive for LPUnderground members with a valid Passport Plus membership as of August 24, 2024. Linkin Park posted the description of the event that says: "Be Part Of Something".

Who from LPL's members will be there? Let us know!

UPDATE: here are some details/rules for the event:

Spoiler

LINKIN PARK

LOS ANGELES EVENT

SEPTEMBER 5th

GENERAL KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
  • Location: Ticketmaster will email you the event's secret location in Los Angeles on the morning of September 5th.
  • Heat Advisory: Outdoor temperatures are projected to be 105f/40.5c on September 5th.
  • Hydration & Nutrition: Please hydrate and eat a full, nutritious lunch before the event. Plan to return to your vehicle/ride before dinner. Water stations with cups will be provided throughout the event.
  • Dress Code: Please dress comfortably in attire suitable for both indoor and outdoor environments.
  • Ticket: Your ticket will automatically be delivered to your Ticketmaster account on the morning of September 5th, and you will be notified by email. A mobile device is required for entry, and your ticket is non-transferable. If you cannot make it, please let us know, by responding to your ticket confirmation email.
  • Arrival Time: You must arrive at the secret location between 12:30pm - 1:30pm.
  • Ticket & ID Check-in: Your digital ticket, displayed on your mobile device, will be required for entry. A government-issued photo ID matching the name on your ticket is also mandatory for entry.
  • No Additional Guests: No guests, companions, relatives, or other persons without a valid ticket will be permitted to accompany you.
  • Age Requirement: This event is strictly 18+.
  • Release & Waiver: In order to attend this event, you will need to fill out and sign the waiver HERE.
  • Event Photography/Videography: Please be aware that the event will be photographed and/or recorded. By attending, you consent to your image being used in future event promotions as agreed upon in your ticket registration.
  • Security Screening: For your safety and security, there will be a security screening upon entry. Please check prohibited items below and bring only the essentials.
  • Vehicle Separation: Upon arrival, please be aware that you will be separated from your vehicle for 4-6 hours.
  • Mobile Device: We encourage you to arrive with a fully charged mobile device, ready to share your experience on social media.
  • Accessibility: If you require special assistance or have accessibility needs, please notify us in advance so we can accommodate you.
  • Strobe Warning: Strobe lights will be used. Those with photosensitivity should take precautions.
  • Allowed Camera: Allowed cameras include camera phones (smartphones and feature phones), small-sized cameras, such as point-and-shoot cameras, or mirrorless cameras with built-in lenses. GoPro or other action cameras are ok.
  • Prohibited Cameras: Professional cameras with detachable lenses, including DSLRs and mirrorless cameras with interchangeable lenses.
  • Luggage Storage: Please note that due to security reasons we cannot store any luggage for you at the event location. We encourage you to leave your luggage in your vehicle or make arrangements ahead of time. There are local luggage storage services available you may find with a simple Google search.
  • Bag Policy Notice: To speed up entry, we have implemented a policy limiting the size and type of bags allowed. Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items only. The only bags allowed include clear plastic or PVC bags no larger than 12" x 6" x 12". No hardware or decor can conceal any part of the bag. This policy will be strictly enforced. On a case-by-case basis, we will consider small purses only.
  • Gifts & Autograph Requests: Please refrain from bringing gifts. No signing of any kind will take place. We urge you to please leave gifts and any items to be signed at home.
  • Contact Information: If you have any questions or need assistance before the event, please contact support@linkinpark.com

I checked flights from Germany and they are surprisingly cheap. Round trip for 480€.

But I think it is safe to assume that they will come to Europe so I think I will do a more reasonable trip once that's the case.

Please tell me they will stream the event on Youtube, because after that countdown i lost hope.

We have to celebrate. LINKIN PARK IS BAAAACK.

All love and support from Italy

2 hours ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

Shit, shit, shit.

I could never arange this with my work to take vacation in time 😞

Would've loved to fly from the Netherlands (even if it was my first time, and i have extreme fear of flying😂)

I’m also in the Netherlands 👍🏻

I really hope that’s the beginning on something special.

14 minutes ago, lukislo said:

I’m also in the Netherlands 👍🏻

I really hope that’s the beginning on something special.

Hello fellow Dutchie!

I'm 100% positive that this will be the beginning of something awesome!

The website shows the 9/05 date without directly referencing the show so I believe there's gonna be something for the larger public and then something special for the LPU members that get in (maybe a live performance of a new song?). If it's a full show I do wish they'd stream it but I find that unlikely.

The fact it's scheduled during "industry working hours" makes me think the focus is going to be on something different than a live show.

Maybe like a video shoot, Q&A session, a listening party. Then maybe a short performance or something, but I'm willing to bet it's not a full on LPU-only live show in the early afternoon.

I think whatever it is will be live streamed and they chose to do it throughout the day to also cover European time zones as good as possible. 

All of their announcements in the recent years were timed in that way (basically always around 9AM PT/6 PM CEST), the European market is very important for them and the date is also advertised to the whole internet audience.

5 hours ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

Shit, shit, shit.

I could never arange this with my work to take vacation in time 😞

Would've loved to fly from the Netherlands (even if it was my first time, and i have extreme fear of flying😂)

I am Dutch and currently living in the Caribbean. But just today I sm flying from Curaçao to Holland for a Holiday. Else I've might have gone..... Bad luck.

Ahhhhh, I really wanna try and sign up for the LPU tickets, but plane tickets prices out of Toronto to LA aren’t cheap 😭

I hope there are other similar chances soon, maybe a tour or something

6 hours ago, DylHDZ said:

Man I so glad Adam is back! LP is back! https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZP81Egtke/

I’m so happy to see him back! Adam has been amazing to the fans

Edited by TheInterframe

On 8/29/2024 at 7:08 PM, Coizu said:

I checked flights from Germany and they are surprisingly cheap. Round trip for 480€.

But I think it is safe to assume that they will come to Europe so I think I will do a more reasonable trip once that's the case.

Would have a very, very small chance of going if life wasn't so busy next week for me. Let's cross fingers they'll do something LPU related somewhere else.

This event being livestreamed is a big relief. I wouldn't necessarily fault the band for wanting to keep the event itself for LPU members and provide a separate announcement on socials after, but giving everyone the chance to at least see what's going on is excellent.