Interview with Mike on Billboard.com

Yass

"I think I have some of the Fort Minor (his rap side project) energy in me that wants to come out, so you'll probably hear more rapping on it," Shinoda says. "I don't know if it'll be a little or a lot, but I now I've been sitting down writing a lot of verses, so there's a better chance of those making it on the record."

Awesome. I am really excited by that little bit of information

It'd be nice if Mike raps 90% of the time on the album and chester is barely featured to make up for MTM.

Wtf? Thats stupid.

kind of off topic but this playlist has almost every lp song and some we probably havent heard...i know there are alot on here i have never heard..some are not lp but mike or chester

http://www.imeem.com/cavopollo/playlist/jV...-music-playlist

Why would you post that here?

yeah what happened to the chat?

these articles are very broad and does not give anything away, same old lp. well i like that they are going for something more unique, i dont care what sound they go form, i just want it to be unique

No mention of the "concept album" lately makes me wonder if that kinda took a sidestep out the door. Who knows. I just thought it would be brought back up.

Mike will be rapping on this album, and I think it will be very much in the mold of what we have been experiencing in the POA intro/outro mold. I think it would be sweet to hear him lay down a new LP verse with some nice drum loop like the one they used on tour with some bass on there. Also, There They Go was sweet on PR 08, lots of energy and great instrumentals.

don't delete what i post

Can you be more specific? I've seen you make this claim previously...

If you feel your posts are being deleted without merit, please PM one of the mods or admin, don't make off topic posts in news threads.

Thanks.

No mention of the "concept album" lately makes me wonder if that kinda took a sidestep out the door. Who knows. I just thought it would be brought back up.

Mike will be rapping on this album, and I think it will be very much in the mold of what we have been experiencing in the POA intro/outro mold. I think it would be sweet to hear him lay down a new LP verse with some nice drum loop like the one they used on tour with some bass on there. Also, There They Go was sweet on PR 08, lots of energy and great instrumentals.

Thats exactly what I was thinking the next album might be like.

The vagueness of the "producer" quote leads me to believe the producer is Mike himself. If they have half of the music done, wouldn't it be a bit of a shakeup to bring in a new face this late in the game? Mike has produced a lot of their work, including New Divide, and I definitely see him being the only one on the back cover.