Already Over Sessions: Berlin (Episode 4)

LPLStaff

Episode 4 of the Already Over Sessions is out, with a great second song! Check it out.

Vocals: Damona
Lead Guitar: wavvyboi
Rhythm Guitar: Simon Will
Keyboard: Tobiplayspiano
Bass: Marti Fischer
Drums: Raja Meissner

Recorded at Red Bull Music Studio Berlin

I was a little bummed that it wasn't an LP song but it's cool to have our first live rendition of iMH. The instrumental also sounds more interesting to me when you can hear the organic sounds of the guitar more clearly 

Also wow, this came out so soon after the last one. I wonder if there's another song on the way or if we're closing out this little era soon, we've gotten quite a lot of content. Maybe I could see an official AO music video since the existing one feels a bit more like a visualizer, or an MV for part 2 or FM mix? One final EP with all the sessions including the LP songs? Maybe a remix contest? Otherwise I feel like they've pulled out nearly all the stops here

1 hour ago, YRQRM0 said:

I was a little bummed that it wasn't an LP song but it's cool to have our first live rendition of iMH. The instrumental also sounds more interesting to me when you can hear the organic sounds of the guitar more clearly 

Also wow, this came out so soon after the last one. I wonder if there's another song on the way or if we're closing out this little era soon, we've gotten quite a lot of content. Maybe I could see an official AO music video since the existing one feels a bit more like a visualizer, or an MV for part 2 or FM mix? One final EP with all the sessions including the LP songs? Maybe a remix contest? Otherwise I feel like they've pulled out nearly all the stops here

No way we still got Crimson Chapter Part 2 “Over, Already??” with 6 new remixes and 12 more Sessions to come!!

i like how the girl spoke German

Compared to Episode 2 and 3 this one was much better IMO. especially when they performed Already Over and In My Head was also awesome....The girl on drum was really gooood

6 minutes ago, lpplus said:

Compared to Episode 2 and 3 this one was much better IMO. especially when they performed Already Over and In My Head was also awesome....The girl on drum was really gooood

Yeah she’s dope she’s big on TikTok!

Just listened to it once but I'm pretty sure something entirely original.

Very rough translation: Not so sure about a word and the translation of the last line. If someone can improve it just go ahead :)

"I live in between gray walls

I am so high(??), no cell reception

Cold water in my throat

But to the abyss forget your name"

These session were such a great marketing idea, an almost genius strategy i would say, but it didn't brought the amount of result i bet they thought it would.
Pairing up with big influencers of different medias (youtube, tiktok, instagram), knowing all of them would make lots of content about the session. Amazing potentially viral idea.

The session are getting no more than 200k on youtube and AO on spotify hasn't even crossed the 10 million mark. Weird. They're probably releasing all of them faster now just to get it over and done.

I think TOKYO is the one we know is still left, right?

Edited by vinifeijo

This is probably my favorite performance of Already Over. I will admit that I was a little disappointed at the lack of Linkin Park song for the second half but In My Head sounded great. Overall, this is my second favorite behind the first performance. Great work, Berlin!

Blown away with this one, might be biased but so far, no complains, don't care if it wasn't an LP song, I dig IMH quite a bit so this was really fun. Interesting that the german verse on AO seems like complete new lyrics and not a translation, first time ever using a different language(?) Neat.

3 hours ago, vinifeijo said:

These session were such a great marketing idea, an almost genius strategy i would say, but it didn't brought the amount of result i bet they thought it would.
Pairing up with big influencers of different medias (youtube, tiktok, instagram), knowing all of them would make lots of content about the session. Amazing potentially viral idea.

The session are getting no more than 200k on youtube and AO on spotify hasn't even crossed the 10 million mark. Weird. They're probably releasing all of them faster now just to get it over and done.

I'm 99,9% sure Mike doesn't care about the numbers and he's just having fun with those kids.

1 hour ago, RentEznor said:

Blown away with this one, might be biased but so far, no complains, don't care if it wasn't an LP song, I dig IMH quite a bit so this was really fun. Interesting that the german verse on AO seems like complete new lyrics and not a translation, first time ever using a different language(?) Neat.

I'm 99,9% sure Mike doesn't care about the numbers and he's just having fun with those kids.

He does 

He dropped the idea of making another album because of the lack of success that the singles post PT had.

If you think about it

There's a huge investment of money, time and planning to create these sessions.

Of course he's expecting millions of views.

Mike since 2017 is attracted to every trend. He forgot about down his own thing which was the one that made him who he is.

> Mike since 2017 is attracted to every trend.

This has been Linkin Park the entire time.

Hybrid Theory/Meteora - Rap Rock/Nu-Metal in the early 2000s

Minutes to Midnight - emo-tinged pop rock while bands like MCR and FOB were huge

A Thousand Suns - electronica-infused rock music

Living Things - more electronic, dubstep elements

The Hunting Party - the only album that doesn't follow a current trend

One More Light - straight pop with a little bit of rock influence, though it did kinda feel like a pop album that hit two years too late

Don't get me wrong, I do absolutely love Linkin Park. But they've been trendchasers since the beginning. The big thing that sets LP apart from the trends they're chasing is that they usually put a unique spin on it or combine things in unique ways.

Edited by leftshoe18

1 hour ago, leftshoe18 said:

Minutes to Midnight - emo-tinged pop rock while bands like MCR and FOB were huge

One More Light - straight pop with a little bit of rock influence, though it did kinda feel like a pop album that hit two years too late

Don't get me wrong, I do absolutely love Linkin Park. But they've been trendchasers since the beginning. The big thing that sets LP apart from the trends they're chasing is that they usually put a unique spin on it or combine things in unique ways.

What I love about every album (except OML) is that they found a way to make it their very own sound.

3 seconds into Papercut or any other song and it sounds like themselves, they created a unique dna.

I would argue that even OML has some of that LP sound to it. Nobody Can Save Me, Talking To Myself, and Invisible feel very Linkin Park-ish to me.

And I think that extends to Mike’s solo stuff too. Happy Endings, Promises I Can’t Keep, Already Over, and In My Head have some major Linkin Park vibes in my opinion.

6 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

I would argue that even OML has some of that LP sound to it. Nobody Can Save Me, Talking To Myself, and Invisible feel very Linkin Park-ish to me.

And I think that extends to Mike’s solo stuff too. Happy Endings, Promises I Can’t Keep, Already Over, and In My Head have some major Linkin Park vibes in my opinion.

I think Heavy sounds very LP, it just depends on what aspect you're listening to. The drums/guitars in Heavy are there, but they're not mixed to the top like other LP, and obviously stuff like Kiara makes it feels different

Since we've gotten the twitch streams and so much Mike solo stuff, I feel you can really hear his production style tricks clearly across everything when you try to figure out what's similar. Like he loves the vinyl texture or some grit that is in everything from Heavy to Not Alone to Wake. He loves panned double guitars no matter what sound. There's almost always secondary percussion to "real" drums, he loves "dead notes" on electric guitars, harmony/double vocal layers that are stereo and add width, etc. 

9 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

This x100. 

THP is the only time they actively went against the current trend. And it failed for them lol. I would say that with the exception of HT and Meteora, they always felt a year or two behind. OML was the most obvious case of it. 

I disagree that A Thousand Suns or even Living Things were “trendy.” The Catalyst as a lead single was an extremely bold choice. I suppose you could label it as “electronica-infused rock,” but what other electronica-infused rock was dominating the charts in 2010 anyway? You look at the top 100 songs of 2010 and you don’t really see anything resembling ATS. That was like the time of Lady Gaga, Kesha, Black Eyed Peas, and David Guetta—like that real hyper-pop stuff. Maybe WTFE and Iridescent kind of fits? I think that’s a stretch though.

I think you could have a stronger case for LT resembling what else was popular in 2012, but it just as easily is often considered LP simply allowing themselves to return to form a bit and blend the styles of the previous 4 albums. Also nothing on LT resembles dubstep. Recharged—most definitely. The single with Aoki was definitely “trendy.” But then they jump right into THP and the Mall soundtrack. So that’s basically a 5 year run of not really trend-chasing, with a couple exceptions.

Yeah, there is no way ATS was trendy. They started that album for a video game, remember? Catalyst was a wild choice for a single and very risky/bold. Don't think there is that much that's trendy about the LP catalog honestly - it takes so long to make an album the trend at the time is not even the same 18 months later and you can't predict something that far out for what is going to be trendy. Eventually you'll match it up, sure. Meteora was just a continuation of the Hybrid Theory sound but evolving it slightly (masterpiece album).

About the sessions: Not sure why In My Head can't be released. That would have been a good one to put out there too.

I don't know if someone said it already somewhere but the next Session will be Tokyo. A japanese comedian/YouTube pranked Mike during the recording and posted it online with all the musicians revealed and the extra song. 

55 minutes ago, Yucker said:

I don't know if someone said it already somewhere but the next Session will be Tokyo. A japanese comedian/YouTube pranked Mike during the recording and posted it online with all the musicians revealed and the extra song. 

Link!