Already Over Sessions: Berlin (Episode 4)

LPLStaff

18 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Yeah, there is no way ATS was trendy. They started that album for a video game, remember? Catalyst was a wild choice for a single and very risky/bold. Don't think there is that much that's trendy about the LP catalog honestly - it takes so long to make an album the trend at the time is not even the same 18 months later and you can't predict something that far out for what is going to be trendy. Eventually you'll match it up, sure. Meteora was just a continuation of the Hybrid Theory sound but evolving it slightly (masterpiece album).

About the sessions: Not sure why In My Head can't be released. That would have been a good one to put out there too.

I'm assuming In my head wasn't released just to keep consistent with the other sessions? So people don't start uproaring why aren't the LP songs released as well.  I assume that in general would have more to do with some personal decision rather than not being allowed to unless someone in the band personally asked him not to do, because I don't see how there could be a copyright issue (considering mike co-wrote those songs, and how copyright works for live performances/covers).

On another topic, I know I'm super late to the session's discussion overall, but I think it would be really fun if Mike went on tour again with a group of sessionist musicians, it would give a lot of range to make fun varied setlist from his catalog to play. Considering how hard it would be to find all LP members without other projects going on, and how limited they would be to play songs without Chester, unless they had a new album to bolster the setlists with it would be the way to have these songs live, besides a tribute band. Also, that would open the chance for other LP members to show up as guests on specific dates according to their availability and to spice things up.

Edited by linkin_boss

22 hours ago, linkin_boss said:

I'm assuming In my head wasn't released just to keep consistent with the other sessions? So people don't start uproaring why aren't the LP songs released as well.  I assume that in general would have more to do with some personal decision rather than not being allowed to unless someone in the band personally asked him not to do, because I don't see how there could be a copyright issue (considering mike co-wrote those songs, and how copyright works for live performances/covers).

On another topic, I know I'm super late to the session's discussion overall, but I think it would be really fun if Mike went on tour again with a group of sessionist musicians, it would give a lot of range to make fun varied setlist from his catalog to play. Considering how hard it would be to find all LP members without other projects going on, and how limited they would be to play songs without Chester, unless they had a new album to bolster the setlists with it would be the way to have these songs live, besides a tribute band. Also, that would open the chance for other LP members to show up as guests on specific dates according to their availability and to spice things up.

Agreed!

19 hours ago, Yucker said:

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, martinez said:

Can someone post the original lyrics of the second verse? In german, not translation.

Ich lebe zwischen grau'n Wänden
Bin so high, kein Handy-Empfang
Kaltes Wasser, in meiner Kehele
Treib' bis zum Abgrund, vergesse dein' Namn