Already Over Sessions: Los Angeles

LPLStaff

Already Over Sessions - Los Angeles is out and features performances of "Already Over" and "Faint!"

Vocals: Bobby Amaru & Veda
Lead Guitar: Mateus Asato
Rhythm Guitar: Morgan F. Kennedy
Keyboard: Nalu The Piano Man
Bass: mynameisnotdrew
Drums: Nate Mueller

Studio: The Village, West Los Angeles
Engineer: Ethan Mates
Videographer/Editor: Mark Fiore
Videographer/Photographer: Pavel Suslov

What do you think?

My feeling since the HB show 6 years ago has been that LP was unofficially officially finished after that night. And that is fine. But sign me up for Mike and whatever cast of traveling musicians he can find because these are awesome. In these couple of videos he seems to be loving singing "live". Idk about anyone else but as soon as the verse started on Faint I just expected him to flip the guitar on his back and grab the mic. 

4 hours ago, plesh88 said:

My feeling since the HB show 6 years ago has been that LP was unofficially officially finished after that night. And that is fine. But sign me up for Mike and whatever cast of traveling musicians he can find because these are awesome. In these couple of videos he seems to be loving singing "live". Idk about anyone else but as soon as the verse started on Faint I just expected him to flip the guitar on his back and grab the mic. 

I would love this, I think this is the best way to “replace” Chester: not replacing it. It’s like a sort of Hollywood Bowl with other artists playing Chester’s parts: it’s not permanent and it’s a lot of fun. 

7 hours ago, RYG4R said:

Mike is assembling his own Avengers. Sydney, LA, London, Berlin.. what else?

I thought Mike would jam with Matt Harris and Dan Mayo since I saw Dan posted in his social media that they met with Matt.

That's still possible if the "Mike Shinoda & Friends" rumours are true.

Maybe they are rehearsing and jamming for that.

2 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

The performances are cool but if this is not going anywhere its just a waste of time, Shinoda needs to tour next year....

i dont see how its a waste of time. he is rehearsing and seeing if something like this would work, while meeting new musicians he could make music with

Not a huge deal if he ends up not touring, these recent perfomances are incredible. Got chills when the Faint live outro was played, god.

But if he actually tours again someday, playing 30-40 min sets with local talent, is for sure something I would be down for.

6 minutes ago, Cesar656 said:

i dont see how its a waste of time. he is rehearsing and seeing if something like this would work, while meeting new musicians he could make music with

This.

That's awesome!
Imagine what it feels like to those local musicians.

In a hypotetical situation, imagine you're a garage/bar/instagram amateur musician and then you're invited to play a 40 min set with mike shinoda in the main stage of a festival.

Great idea too keep LP alive without replacing LP. It's a tribute band with the "main" member being part of it.

Joke's on Mike. He said he didn't want to put a band together and didn't want to tour. Yet, he is traveling around the world (touring) and putting together a different band for each city he visits just to record quarantine style videos, which was also something he said he wasn't interested in doing during the COVID-19 pandemic when everybody else was doing it.

3 hours ago, vinifeijo said:

That's awesome!
Imagine what it feels like to those local musicians.

In a hypotetical situation, imagine you're a garage/bar/instagram amateur musician and then you're invited to play a 40 min set with mike shinoda in the main stage of a festival.

Great idea too keep LP alive without replacing LP. It's a tribute band with the "main" member being part of it.

Yeah I love the “LP but not LP” nature of the thing: he is doing LP stuff (alongside with his solo music) without the weight of the LP name and the expectations and without answering the big question everyone is asking since July 20, 2017, just having fun and playing some LP songs 

Edited by Somebodyangry

2 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

Joke's on Mike. He said he didn't want to put a band together and didn't want to tour. Yet, he is traveling around the world (touring) and putting together a different band for each city he visits just to record quarantine style videos, which was also something he said he wasn't interested in doing during the COVID-19 pandemic when everybody else was doing it.

Probably you are the only one that understands my point. 

I still believe that Mike doesn't know what to do with his solo career.

The campaign for Already Over was huge like it was the next big thing and the song was just next to average, putting out an EP of 6 versions of the same song was crazy as fuck.

And then concept of these sessions is very random, something feels off.

11 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

I think you're right - Mike doesn't know what he wants to do with his solo career. That's why he's doing stuff like the EP and these studio sessions. It's experimentation to see what he wants to do.

14 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Probably you are the only one that understands my point. 

I still believe that Mike doesn't know what to do with his solo career.

The campaign for Already Over was huge like it was the next big thing and the song was just next to average, putting out an EP of 6 versions of the same song was crazy as fuck.

And then concept of these sessions is very random, something feels off.

That's exactly it. I don't think it feels off, though. He's doing something fun and enjoyable for himself. When he said "there won't be an album, but trust me on this" I was a little skeptical. Releasing the Crimson Chapter EP which is very similar to NIN's Closer to God Halo 9 release is pretty cool. It isn't crazy, it's exactly what NIN did and he talks about it in the interview how that inspired him to make it. And the live sessions are cool. All I'd really wish is he'd play a live show in the cities he's visiting... why not play to 500-1,000 in a tiny show in Sydney, LA, Berlin, London, Tokyo, etc? Just hook a laptop up with the keyboard and mic and he's good to go. Nothing feels off to me besides the fact that he kept saying the new music he made during COVID would be fun to play live and yet he still hasn't done it.

If the route forward is EPs with new songs and remixes instead of a traditional album, that's completely fine. But let's get some shows going.

16 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

I don't think he could do this during COVID, though. Like, you couldn't get to Europe, Japan, or Australia to record with other musicians. I agree he should have done some live shows during COVID over streaming but he was really uninterested in that for some reason which is a shame. Post Malone did an epic one, etc... there were some great shows. And he did the Happy Endings performance - why not a few more?

These are fun and we're lucky that he's doing anything at all instead of just ghost writing or producing imo. Sign me up to see any LP songs he plays live and continue watching these 

The only thing I find weird is the lack of LP tracks on the streaming releases, maybe there will be one master release later that includes them? I can't imagine it's a rights or royalties issue. Maybe someone is just working through the data on whether it should actually have the LP name attached to it or not. 

Huh. I definitely didn't had in mind Closer to God when listening to it but, knowing Mike is a huge NIN fan (at least the older stuff as he usually says, wonder what he thinks of anything after The Fragile if someone asked him on Twitch someday) so it wouldn't be out of field for him to do that.

On 12/7/2023 at 9:23 AM, LPLStaff said:

Already Over Sessions - Los Angeles is out and features performances of "Already Over" and "Faint!"

Vocals: Bobby Amaru & Veda
Lead Guitar: Mateus Asato
Rhythm Guitar: Morgan F. Kennedy
Keyboard: Nalu The Piano Man
Bass: mynameisnotdrew
Drums: Nate Mueller

Studio: The Village, West Los Angeles
Engineer: Ethan Mates
Videographer/Editor: Mark Fiore
Videographer/Photographer: Pavel Suslov

What do you think about phen24 

This is awsome

In the beginning, it was just Linkin Park...  and then in the middle an evolution of sound and rhythm...  and at the end of it all, it was collaboration and community.  
LP has turned into something that transcends just music.  It is LOVE for music.  Thanks for letting us be a part of that Mike.

Edited by FloranceGreat

6 hours ago, bloodbath said:

Anyone else has felt an enormous "what if" after hearing the new Faint intro? Those kind of treats that we had in each tour....

Exactly! I immediately thought "that could have been an intro to Faint in 2023 LP tour" if... 🥲 It has this typical feeling of different extended intros from the band throughout the years.