Meteora (20th Anniversary Edition) | Out Now!

martinez

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

Would be nice to have a vinyl rip of Nottingham 2003 somehow, since the track splits are a little off in the release:
- Rob cymbal taps to start the song are cut from the Hit the Floor track

- Krwlng intro to Crawling is cut from the Crawling track

- In the End intro sample is cut from the In the End track
- Rob cymbal taps to start the song are cut from the One Step Closer track

A little bothersome, not too much, but would be nice to have a vinyl rip to track it properly.

Will fix all of them soon.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

What were the differences between the Nottingham version they did last year and the re-edit they did to release now on Meteora|20? The mixing is incredible on this and was done from the multitracks, a huge quality upgrade from the original release. Maybe the one they did originally last year was just the same original radio mix or something?

Finally got my box set today and I've come around on the new format - it definitely has a more deliberate presentation than the "throw all the shit in" style of HT20, more artful in that way. I do miss having individual sleeves for the CDs with unique cover art, though. At least most of the box gets cover artwork through either this or the vinyl box.

It's amazing how More The Victim is not just a beautiful song but the message behind that also is very relatable. I know that HT and Meteora are considered to be fueled by teen anger but the topic in MTV is a big one for adults. When you are an adult is hard as f to talk about a bad day with someone  cause 90 people off 100 are gonna be like "me, me, me" and it easily become a race to who have a harder day or situation in life.

Edited by ShineWolf

1 hour ago, ShineWolf said:

It's amazing how More The Victim is not just a beautiful song but the message behind that also is very relatable. I know that HT and Meteora are considered to be fueled by teen anger but the topic in MTV is a big one for adults. When you are an adult is hard as f to talk about a bad day with someone  cause 90 people off 100 are gonna be like "me, me, me" and it easily become a race to who have a harder day or situation in life.

Totally this !! Love the relatability of the lyrics, so grounded and concrete 

18 hours ago, gorast said:

Finally got my box set today and I've come around on the new format - it definitely has a more deliberate presentation than the "throw all the shit in" style of HT20, more artful in that way. I do miss having individual sleeves for the CDs with unique cover art, though. At least most of the box gets cover artwork through either this or the vinyl box.

There is great cover art here: 

On 4/12/2023 at 10:31 PM, LPLStaff said:

Thanks!

What were the differences between the Nottingham version they did last year and the re-edit they did to release now on Meteora|20? The mixing is incredible on this and was done from the multitracks, a huge quality upgrade from the original release. Maybe the one they did originally last year was just the same original radio mix or something?

Version from the last year, registered/owned by BBC. The tracks were probably cut differently than the official release, some of them had different length. Officially released version is registered by Warner.

//

So, after listening a few times to the whole release + all live shows and watching the WIP video documentary, it's time to sum it up. It's easier to say that this is a lot better release than HT20, even the whole promotion of it turned up really big and it still does very well. I'm gonna say a bit about every disc:

https://i.ibb.co/WshBTK3/m20-1.png

Disc-1: Meteora - the main album wasn't remixed/remastered, which is awesome, because it doesn't need it. I don't like the mix of the Lost (2002 Mix) I prefer the version from the disc-6, Manny did great job on that. Also, I have read somewhere that the 2002 Mix version has longer intro, i compared the both versions and I haven't noticed that, Chester starts to singin in both versions at the exact same time in the song.

Disc-2: Live In Texas - a bit shame that it is not uncensored, awesome to have full show (or I should say all songs) in HQ, however the version of the audio from the DVD remains exclusive to that release only, some stuff from the songs were cut, which you can compare the length of those versions below:

Spoiler

01.Don't Stay (Live In Texas) (4:34) [1]
02.Don't Stay (Live In Texas) (3:19) [2]
03.Somewhere I Belong (Live In Texas) (3:34) [1]
04.Somewhere I Belong (Live In Texas) (3:35) [2]
05.Lying From You (Live In Texas) (3:35) [1]
06.Lying From You (Live In Texas) (3:06) [2]
07.Papercut (Live In Texas) (3:06) [1]
08.Papercut (Live In Texas) (3:06) [2]
09.Points Of Authority (Live In Texas) (3:23) [1]
10.Points Of Authority (Live In Texas) (3:25) [2]
11.Runaway (Live In Texas) (3:43) [1]
12.Runaway (Live In Texas) (3:07) [2]
13.Faint (Live In Texas) (2:46) [1]
14.Faint (Live In Texas) (2:46) [2]
15.From The Inside (Live In Texas) (3:03) [1]
16.From The Inside (Live In Texas) (3:00) [2]
17.Figure.09 (Live In Texas) (3:49) [1]
18.Figure.09 (Live In Texas) (3:51) [2]
19.With You (Live In Texas) (3:19) [1]
20.With You (Live In Texas) (3:19) [2]
21.By Myself (Live In Texas) (5:38) [1]
22.By Myself (Live In Texas) (4:07) [2]
23.P5hng Me A*wy (Live In Texas) (5:44) [1]
24.P5hng Me A*Wy (Live In Texas) (5:05) [2]
25.Numb (Live In Texas) (3:28) [1]
26.Numb (Live In Texas) (3:14) [2]
27.Crawling (Live In Texas) (3:28) [1]
28.Crawling (Live In Texas) (3:41) [2]
29.In The End (Live In Texas) (4:04) [1]
30.In The End (Live In Texas) (4:03) [2]
31.A Place For My Head (Live In Texas) (4:17) [1]
32.A Place For My Head (Live In Texas) (3:56) [2]
33.One Step Closer (Live In Texas) (6:52) [1]
34.One Step Closer (Live In Texas) (4:01) [2]

[1] - DVD version

[2] - M20 version

Disc-3: Live In Nottingham - really like this, my favorite tracks are Hit The Floor, Easier To Run. The only small minus I can give is that sometimes the songs are cut wrong, they don't include the whole intro.

Disc-4 & Disc-5: LPU Rarities 2.0 & Live Rarities - really nice to have a quality upgrate, knowing how some of those originally released on the LPU CDs sounds, it's a big differences. Some of those songs had transitions, they didn't remove them, they applied fade-in, fade-out instead. My favorite from the live tracks are: Crawling, Wish, Step Up.

Disc-6: Lost Demos - everything on this disc was new, only 4 songs has Chester on them but still there was more than half of the songs with vocals. It was a really a treasure to listen to all of them. Favorites: More The Victim, Massive, Healing Foot, A6, Wesside, Resolution, Fighting Myself.

This is the best thing that happened since HT20. Looking forward for next 20 anniversary releases.

On 4/15/2023 at 12:05 AM, gorast said:

This (first time I recall them using the black box design was for the ATS deluxe boxset in 2010, wasn't changed until for the newer release, crazy). Except the part of NO protective sleeves for the vinyls and having some (hopefulIy) only superficial scratches. Warner can't do things right huh?

22 hours ago, martinez said:

Version from the last year, registered/owned by BBC. The tracks were probably cut differently than the official release, some of them had different length. Officially released version is registered by Warner.

//

So, after listening a few times to the whole release + all live shows and watching the WIP video documentary, it's time to sum it up. It's easier to say that this is a lot better release than HT20, even the whole promotion of it turned up really big and it still does very well. I'm gonna say a bit about every disc:

Disc-1: Meteora - the main album wasn't remixed/remastered, which is awesome, because it doesn't need it. I don't like the mix of the Lost (2002 Mix) I prefer the version from the disc-6, Manny did great job on that. Also, I have read somewhere that the 2002 Mix version has longer intro, i compared the both versions and I haven't noticed that, Chester starts to singin in both versions at the exact same time in the song.

Disc-2: Live In Texas - a bit shame that it is not uncensored, awesome to have full show (or I should say all songs) in HQ, however the version of the audio from the DVD remains exclusive to that release only, some stuff from the songs were cut, which you can compare the length of those versions below:

Reveal hidden contents

[1] - DVD version

[2] - M20 version

Disc-3: Live In Nottingham - really like this, my favorite tracks are Hit The Floor, Easier To Run. The only small minus I can give is that sometimes the songs are cut wrong, they don't include the whole intro.

Disc-4 & Disc-5: LPU Rarities 2.0 & Live Rarities - really nice to have a quality upgrate, knowing how some of those originally released on the LPU CDs sounds, it's a big differences. Some of those songs had transitions, they didn't remove them, they applied fade-in, fade-out instead. My favorite from the live tracks are: Crawling, Wish, Step Up.

Disc-6: Lost Demos - everything on this disc was new, only 4 songs has Chester on them but still there was more than half of the songs with vocals. It was a really a treasure to listen to all of them. Favorites: More The Victim, Massive, Healing Foot, A6, Wesside, Resolution, Fighting Myself.

This is the best thing that happened since HT20. Looking forward for next 20 anniversary releases.

I personally felt like Meteora sounded slightly louder compared to previous releases, might be just me idk.

23 hours ago, martinez said:

//

Reveal hidden contents

[1] - DVD version

[2] - M20 version

Agree on pretty much everything, this release was much more similar to a real new record than HT20, the singles were actual “new” songs never heard before, the press they did was more album - like with the guys hyping up the songs like they did with the 7 albums, while with HT20 it was all a bit sad and we/they were still mourning his loss… I remember the sadness in Mike’s eyes reacting to the unreleased show, this time around he was like “guys Fighting myself is the definitive LP song you’ll love it. Check out more the victim, it’s amazing Chester sounds amazing” … a different atmosphere. But obviously the main difference was that this time around we got at least 5 songs that were almost as good as the album ones, the “holy grails”

on HT20 were interesting demos but far from being eligible for the album. 

Edited by Somebodyangry

On 4/16/2023 at 8:55 PM, martinez said:

Reveal hidden contents

[1] - DVD version

[2] - M20 version

So, regarding to LIT audios we have:

The original DVD version

The original CD + DVD tracks added in 2023 with dialogues cut

The LPU3 outtakes with slight differences

Kinda messy if you ask me

17 hours ago, Ex97 said:

Who edited the Work In Progress together? Mark Fiore? Does he still hang with Phoenix and LP? I know the content is from 20 years ago but I’m just curious if he still does. He is a cool guy. 

Fiore did it. He shot the LP event at the Q&A and the Warner event later that day.

2 hours ago, rd1994 said:

What software is that?

iTunes.

I actually haven't compare it yet if Don't Stay (Live In Texas) is the original CD/DVD one or LPU version. Someone says different things at some point there.

Really love that Meteora20 blue logo. I whish I could be there.

On 4/15/2023 at 6:08 PM, Somebodyangry said:

Think we should be happy for what we got, we literally have 6 new songs. 

I was happier without the 100gecs OSC remix

And 8 hours ago I was happier without the whoever-the-fuck remix of Lost

25 minutes ago, linkindan said:

I was happier without the 100gecs OSC remix

And 8 hours ago I was happier without the whoever-the-fuck remix of Lost

Lol, it’s not that bad, I mean, it’s not something I would revisit often but it’s not the generic 2010s EDM remix I was scared it could be