Meteora (20th Anniversary Edition) | Out Now!

martinez

What I want to hear is some mix with vocals from the instrumental demos or instrumental parts of the demos, like interrogation, husky, a6, plaster 2, etc with the final song, the Hit The Floor chorus fits perfectly on A6

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, the "A.06" with Chester vocals has become such an unfamous thing that there should really be like a remix contest among fans, specifically to find who manages to put the most-fitting Chester acappella on top of A.06 chorus 😄

There must be at least one that'd fit. But please then, use the LPU.09 A.06 instrumental 😃

1 hour ago, Awalkinthelinkinpark said:

Cuidado was such a headache to listen especially with the electronic beep boop that reminds me of epileptic techno strobe music. 

Apart from that the album was good. But it'll be forgotten (zing) in a week or so. 

I retract my last statement. Apart from the completed songs, A6, easier to run and Faint are probably the only demo songs that are good, the rest will get old. I get what they meant when they said most of it was crap, and I agree, although this just shows that the diehard metal head fans are just a otp and their poppier and mellow songs like resolution and massive deserved more but they couldn't do much in that time. Ya know cus their fans are metal heads who want hybrid theory 1 2 3... What a waste these songs are awesome. 

The one thing that irks me about these anniversary releases is that i wish the vinyl box had the lost demos pressed alongside the lpu demos instead of more live shows.

Some of the songs on these Lost demos discs feel so vital for deep-diving fans that I feel they really missed a step doing it the way they have and putting so much of the live stuff on vinyl instead.

Would love for the vinyl boxes to essentially be a monument to all the studio work that went into the albums.

Glad we at least get the LPU tracks! But not including it in the full package meant I went for the vinyl box instead of full package.

It's very interesting hearing these now after so many years. I know teenage me would be losing my shit at the release of this stuff. Very cool to be able to hear these new-old tracks! Looking forward to having a proper listen through them all together in proper quality. Listening to the LPU rarities record now is giving me a greater appreciation for them compared to when they were spread across the different LPU discs. Makes me think that creating playlists from the LPU CDs sorted by album would be a nice way to re-explore those demos.

Edited by djzap

30 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

The 2004 live shows are INCREDIBLE in this release.

Denver 2004 Blood, Anger, Suffering Outro Transition and Long Piano Intro; Guitar Outro Transition are "completely" recorded or black screen/placeholder like Camden 2004? 😮

44 minutes ago, djzap said:

Listening to the LPU rarities record now is giving me a greater appreciation for them compared to when they were spread across the different LPU discs. Makes me think that creating playlists from the LPU CDs sorted by album would be a nice way to re-explore those demos.

100% behind this. That is one of the coolest things about those anniversary boxsets imo. They encapsulate an entire era. Hearing all that stuff together makes much more sense than when spread all over the place. That is also the reason why I really, really, really hope there will be MTM20. I think MTM is the worst offender when it comes to spreading stuf allf around 😃

Edited by Qwerty18

1 hour ago, Qwerty18 said:

100% behind this. That is one of the coolest things about those anniversary boxsets imo. They encapsulate an entire era. Hearing all that stuff together makes much more sense than when spread all over the place. That is also the reason why I really, really, really hope there will be MTM20. I think MTM is the worst offender when it comes to spreading stuf allf around 😃

Is every Meteora instrumental included?

Or do I need to add something else?

1 hour ago, Qwerty18 said:

Although I think we can omit 10 versions of the same song at rehearsals 

4 hours ago, djzap said:

The one thing that irks me about these anniversary releases is that i wish the vinyl box had the lost demos pressed alongside the lpu demos instead of more live shows.

Some of the songs on these Lost demos discs feel so vital for deep-diving fans that I feel they really missed a step doing it the way they have and putting so much of the live stuff on vinyl instead.

Would love for the vinyl boxes to essentially be a monument to all the studio work that went into the albums.

Glad we at least get the LPU tracks! But not including it in the full package meant I went for the vinyl box instead of full package.

Agreed on this. Feels like the only minor misstep here. As it is, I am waiting for the price of the Vinyl bundle to drop in price a little so I can at least have the LPU tracks on Vinyl. Bummer that they couldn't toss that into the Super deluxe as well. 

1 hour ago, Hybrid1988 said:

Agreed on this. Feels like the only minor misstep here. As it is, I am waiting for the price of the Vinyl bundle to drop in price a little so I can at least have the LPU tracks on Vinyl. Bummer that they couldn't toss that into the Super deluxe as well. 

They could, but they want you spending 100€ more

12 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

What's there to be pissed about?

I'm not pissed about it, but it felt unnecessary to release it. It's nearly identical to the LPU9 version. The only differences were the slightly different riff and the extended outro, which isn't very good.