Mike Shinoda teases new music and "reasons" for having a Linkin Park Discord

PeppePark

Mike Shinoda has recently teased new projects for himself and for/with other artists, saying that "I feel like 2023 is going to be an exciting year" and "Not a new album, but there will be things that are...of interest to you."

When asked about Meteora's 20-year anniversary, he commented "that's certainly one reason", hinting that there will be more stuff to look up for this year.

When someone pointed out why Linkin Park needed a separate Discord server other than the one for Mike, he said that "There'll be reasons for having two", clarifying that: "just to set the hype parameters, there's no tour announcement."

No tour announcement, but he hasn't rule out anything else, what that could be? 👀

But there's more!

The BMI catalog reveals a new entry for him, a song called "In My Head", with producer Jake Torrey, who has worked with Blink-182, Kiiara, John Legend, One Republic, Maroon 5, Justin Bieber, and many more.

The alternative title is "In My Head feat. Kailee Morgue", with Kailee being an American singer-songwriter who released her debut album "Girl Next Door" in 2022.
Since no performer is actually listed, it's unclear if Mike will have vocals or just writing/production credits.

Mike also shared in the Linkin Park Discord:
"I can't wait until you realize why I'm so busy
Maybe I can do a hint
thinking
ok my hint
my hint is: borowoods
Oh, second hint!
2nd hit: This is a side quest!"

This made people speculating it could be something about the Scream franchise, since "Woodsboro" is where a few movies take place, but nothing is confirmed yet.

While we wait for the upcoming announcement of the celebration for 20 years of Meteora, it really seems like we'll have lots of interesting stuff this year, stay tuned for updates!

• PeppePark changed the title to Mike Shinoda teases new music and "reasons" for having a Linkin Park Discord
1 hour ago, bloodbath said:

Shinoda has composed the score and LP has a new song for the soundtrack?

well, maybe Shinoda compose 1 or 2 tracks for Scream VI, just like he composed 2 tracks for Medal Of Honor: Warfighter Soundtrack.

And no, LP is NOT making music as Shinoda stated on April 2022 via twitch.

Edited by AJ93

1 hour ago, AJ93 said:

well, maybe Shinoda compose 1 or 2 tracks for Scream VI, just like he composed 2 tracks for Medal Of Honor: Warfighter Soundtrack.

And no, LP is NOT making music as Shinoda stated on April 2022 via twitch.

A lot can change in a year. Especially when we're talking about 2022, that shit was five years long.

Edited by Elaine

3 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

I think we may see something Linkin Park related this year beyond Meteora 20.

It certainly seems that way with what Mike is hinting at. His comments about LP needing a Discord for more than Meteora, Meteora 20 is only one of the reasons to get hyped, etc.... sounds like LP will be doing something. But no tour.

55 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

It certainly seems that way with what Mike is hinting at. His comments about LP needing a Discord for more than Meteora, Meteora 20 is only one of the reasons to get hyped, etc.... sounds like LP will be doing something. But no tour.

Personally, since some time last year I've felt like 2023 is the year we're going to see some kind of single and maybe one or two shows to promote it. I can understand them not wanting to tour. But a small, intimate show doesn't seem too out of left field. (And doesn't count as a tour).

Stuff to basically get the rust off, get people excited again, before they go back into the studio for an album or whatever.

Edited by Elaine

3 hours ago, Subs said:

You guys make me laugh. LP is not releasing music this year, every time Mike mentions something you run with it to the max lol.

Did you guys get it? I mean all of the hyped people about M20, there will be no music this year by LP, at least one brand new song, two new live tracks... that doesn't count.

You guys should buy Grey Daze remasters if you want new music... by LP

I very much doubt it's going to be new music, if it's anything of substance at all. M20 is establishing that the demos still in the vault have immense value being sold in anniversary box sets rather than as fan club compilations or whatever, so I think a b-sides/demos thing is out. Maybe a big remix album? Or a live compilation/big-time live release, though I don't know that bands even do those any more.

Honestly it's kind of stumping me what this could possibly refer to. Maybe we're getting that greatest hits album after all these years?

6 hours ago, gorast said:

I very much doubt it's going to be new music, if it's anything of substance at all. M20 is establishing that the demos still in the vault have immense value being sold in anniversary box sets rather than as fan club compilations or whatever, so I think a b-sides/demos thing is out. Maybe a big remix album? Or a live compilation/big-time live release, though I don't know that bands even do those any more.

Honestly it's kind of stumping me what this could possibly refer to. Maybe we're getting that greatest hits album after all these years?

Greatest Hits are so dated nowadays IMO with streaming services, if they do not include new songs/demos. Imagine a GH cd with ITE, Numb, BTH, SIB, WID, BID… would basically be a Spotify playlist or just the catalog of their most played songs … ehhh IMO 

13 hours ago, Subs said:

You guys make me laugh. LP is not releasing music this year, every time Mike mentions something you run with it to the max lol.

It's not just based on Mike mentioning something, but more of a gut feeling.

Him being super quiet these past few months doesn't strike me as something he'd do if it were a solo project. That makes me think the band's doing something. There was that outreach effort last year with the messages from the band. There've been all these little things that hint to the band toying around with things. My gut feeling is we'll have a song late this year.

I just get the sense that things have been slowly brewing over in the LP camp. I hope I'm not wrong.

If it's fucking NFT's I'll cry.

Edited by Elaine

I also have doubts that we'll get new music. Personally, I'm keeping my hopes low and thinking that the discord is just gonna be for some live band interactions to go along with Meteora20. Like Brad hopping on for an hour one day, Phoenix another, etc. Then maybe they'll share some additional files of demos, like slight variations of Lost or something through the discord for us hardcore fans. 

6 hours ago, Elaine said:

It's not just based on Mike mentioning something, but more of a gut feeling.

Him being super quiet these past few months doesn't strike me as something he'd do if it were a solo project. That makes me think the band's doing something. There was that outreach effort last year with the messages from the band. There've been all these little things that hint to the band toying around with things. My gut feeling is we'll have a song late this year.

I just get the sense that things have been slowly brewing over in the LP camp. I hope I'm not wrong.

If it's fucking NFT's I'll cry.

Im firmly in the camp of there is no new Linkin Park without chester

You can be as sarcastic as you like, of course i value the rest of the band, but its like having a chicken salad without the chicken. MS and CB are the main components, cant be replaced, where as the drummer can be etc

It sucks of course but its the truth.

Edited by Subs

Even tho I’m one of these people who like Chester’s side projects A LOT more than Mike’s, and I admit the main reason why I started listening to LP was Chester’s voice, I love some much the other guys in the band and strongly think they can do a lot of interesting stuff in the future that I hope they’re coming back as a 5 piece. Not gonna be the same obviously, but they’re amazing songwriters and I’d love them to experiment in different ways. 

I think that if there is new LP music, it will not be as a 5 piece but a 6 piece band including a new frontman. It will be different, but its gonna be a new era. And I believe that if so, they will do everything for it to be as respectful as it can be to Chester, as he was an absolute legend.