Mike Shinoda teases new music and "reasons" for having a Linkin Park Discord

PeppePark

1 hour ago, Bambitt said:

I think that if there is new LP music, it will not be as a 5 piece but a 6 piece band including a new frontman. It will be different, but its gonna be a new era. And I believe that if so, they will do everything for it to be as respectful as it can be to Chester, as he was an absolute legend. 

If they’re including a 6th member it’ll be in the most respectful, tasteful and clever way possible, I have no doubt yeah 

Yeah I don't think we'll get a Static-X "the new singer dresses like the corpse of the dead singer" thing or anything. I firmly believe that the five surviving members of Linkin Park will make music together again and if that includes a new sixth member they'll make that change respectfully.

dude the Statix-X situation was just a bad taste. don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the album a lot, but they should just say - yeah Edsel produced the record, helped with writting the music and he will be filling in Wayne's shoes - dressing up as dead Wayne Static is just terrible

3 hours ago, Bambitt said:

I think that if there is new LP music, it will not be as a 5 piece but a 6 piece band including a new frontman. It will be different, but its gonna be a new era. And I believe that if so, they will do everything for it to be as respectful as it can be to Chester, as he was an absolute legend. 

If they have to carry it on, i hope its as a 5 piece, i dont think anyone disputes it wont be done respectfully if they got a new singer it just feels wrong to add and not take if that makes sense.

Completely up to them I guess.

I think OML ( unintentionally ) was the fitting swan song for LP

1 hour ago, Subs said:

I think OML ( unintentionally ) was the fitting swan song for LP

I've thought about it several times, even I vastly dislike OML, musically it was the last thing remaining to do for them. They've done metal, alt rock, EDM, folk... But not a pure pop record

17 hours ago, bloodbath said:

I've thought about it several times, even I vastly dislike OML, musically it was the last thing remaining to do for them. They've done metal, alt rock, EDM, folk... But not a pure pop record

Tell me you weren't listening to pop music in 2003 without telling me you weren't listening to pop music in 2003

Or 2007... Or 2010... Really, the only time LP bucked the trend of what was charting at the time was The Hunting Party, and that was a concerted effort.

Edited by Elaine

Whatever they will do (as 5 or 6 pieces) will be very good as always. Their abilities deserve to continue being expressed in music. Chester loss is sad but keep going doesn't mean to be disrespectful, I don't understand people who think that

19 minutes ago, DavideLP said:

Whatever they will do (as 5 or 6 pieces) will be very good as always. Their abilities deserve to continue being expressed in music. Chester loss is sad but keep going doesn't mean to be disrespectful, I don't understand people who think that

Yeah they are in their 40s, they are very young, as a studio band they could have 25 years of career ahead or even more, so if they’re going to go on I’ll be totally supportive. Plus, no doubt at all that they will be respectful of Chester, they behaved like that since he passed, they’ve been amazing on that. 😊

22 minutes ago, STRANGELOVE92 said:

Yeah they are in their 40s, they are very young, as a studio band they could have 25 years of career ahead or even more, so if they’re going to go on I’ll be totally supportive. Plus, no doubt at all that they will be respectful of Chester, they behaved like that since he passed, they’ve been amazing on that. 😊

Totally agree

On 2/4/2023 at 11:37 AM, PeppePark said:

The alternative title is "In My Head feat. Kailee Morgue", with Kailee being an American singer-songwriter who released her debut album "Girl Next Door" in 2022.
Since no performer is actually listed, it's unclear if Mike will have vocals or just writing/production credits.

This made people speculating it could be something about the Scream franchise, since "Woodsboro" is where a few movies take place, but nothing is confirmed yet.

In the new KROQ interview, Mike confirms he has a new song coming for Scream 6, and might possibly have more in the pipeline.

Once again reiterates "It's a great time to be a Linkin Park fan"