Linkin Park Planning "Exciting Things" for 2023 - Meteora 20th Celebration

LPLStaff

I hope LP does another Q&A for Meteora20 too. I wanna hear Lost but I also want to know about it. Stuff like what was its story and why was it cut. Warner said it’s a track from the 2002 album recording sessions (NRG), so this’ll be the first full extra song we hear from Meteora, and that’d be cool to know more about it after it being solely just within a few short clips with no info for 20 years.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I hope LP does another Q&A for Meteora20 too. I wanna hear Lost but I also want to know about it. Stuff like what was its story and why was it cut. Warner said it’s a track from the 2002 album recording sessions (NRG), so this’ll be the first full extra song we hear from Meteora, and that’d be cool to know more about it after it being solely just within a short clip with no info for 20 years.

Maybe we could also ask the band about the lyric sheet for the song as well.

7 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

Maybe we could also ask the band about the lyric sheet for the song as well.

12 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I hope LP does another Q&A for Meteora20 too. I wanna hear Lost but I also want to know about it. Stuff like what was its story and why was it cut. Warner said it’s a track from the 2002 album recording sessions (NRG), so this’ll be the first full extra song we hear from Meteora, and that’d be cool to know more about it after it being solely just within a short clip with no info for 20 years.

hope we get some notes with info about all the songs, including the demo versions. Know more about the process is a good way to be more close and familiar of each song. 

34 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I hope LP does another Q&A for Meteora20 too. I wanna hear Lost but I also want to know about it. Stuff like what was its story and why was it cut. Warner said it’s a track from the 2002 album recording sessions (NRG), so this’ll be the first full extra song we hear from Meteora, and that’d be cool to know more about it after it being solely just within a few short clips with no info for 20 years.

Well according to Chester the songs that were finished but cut were cut because they didn't fit the album but were still (in the band's opinion) really good songs. So at least we know that about Lost.

24 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

Well according to Chester the songs that were finished but cut were cut because they didn't fit the album but were still (in the band's opinion) really good songs. So at least we know that about Lost.

most of Meteora songs follows a very similar formula, I’m very curious to listen those three pieces. Strontly hoping “more the victim” and “fighting myself” are the two full songs left 

1 hour ago, rqthomazini said:

most of Meteora songs follows a very similar formula, I’m very curious to listen those three pieces. Strontly hoping “more the victim” and “fighting myself” are the two full songs left 

they probably are. They’re the only other two that have “finalized” titles, and we know there was probably 3 recorded during the album recording sessions that were cut. One is probably that “Cumulus” demo finalized with vocals, which would be really cool to hear if that’s what it is.

The instrumental of Lost in the clips we’ve heard is definitely different from a lot of the songs on the album. Sounds like it’ll have heavier choruses and more chill electronica style verses. It’s one of those songs that was probably cut so it wasn’t too different from the rest of the album. Still I think It’s going to be a great track. 

Edited by IWillWalkAway

If they recorded drums on 18 songs, 10 are on Meteora, 11 is A6 and 12 is Lost, then we have quite a few songs with live drums that we are missing. Meaning this box set is setting itself up to be pretty epic. All of the LPU demos for Meteora are Mike's programmed sampled beats/drums from what I can tell except A-Six.

Soundtrack, Program, Cumulus, Rhinocerous, Broken Foot, Halo, Pepper, Ominous, Unfortunate, and Attached all appear to be Mike sampled beats.

So what else did they record drums on?

42 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

If they recorded drums on 18 songs, 10 are on Meteora, 11 is A6 and 12 is Lost, then we have quite a few songs with live drums that we are missing. Meaning this box set is setting itself up to be pretty epic. All of the LPU demos for Meteora are Mike's programmed sampled beats/drums from what I can tell except A-Six.

Soundtrack, Program, Cumulus, Rhinocerous, Broken Foot, Halo, Pepper, Ominous, Unfortunate, and Attached all appear to be Mike sampled beats.

that’s why i thought “Nobody’s Listening” was Nocturnal. Only one with No live drums on it. same with Session. I think the 8 remaining that would make sense are

1 Lost (possibly Serpent)

2 Fighting Myself (possibly Cumulus)

3 More The Victim (possibly Resolution)

4 Massive

5 Healing Foot

6 A.06

7 Wesside

8 Plaster II (another demo of Figure.09)

edit: I think that “Healing Foot” might be the Rob Drum Track. And like I already mentioned, the first three (“Lost” at least, definitely) are probably the three unreleased finished songs from Meteora, with everything done for them, drums, guitar, bass, scratching, and vocals.

(IMPORTANT): One of the 8 is probably Plaster II, another demo of Figure.09. I think that Resolution, Cumulus, and one more (likely Serpent) are likely the working titles for the 3 first songs if they were the 3 completed like we think, which is pretty likely. Then “Resolution” on Lost Demos would likely be the original demo for whatever song it is.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

Idk but I really believe “nobody’s listening“ and “session” have live drums recorded, but the electronic beats are the main layer in the mix. (most probably “session”at list”

Edited by rqthomazini

30jan2023.jpg

Here's the link to download Meteora|20 Voicemail #6 - Breaking The Habit Info

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/kf4dkhw2kuy5y/LP+Meteora20th+Voicemail+and+Pictures

Note: There's an animated woman from BTH music video, below the person with gas-mask. If anyone can filter the picture, you'll see what I mean.

Come on guys, one or two more voicemails left to hear. We are so close to see the full unlocked picture.

Edited by AJ93

20 minutes ago, AJ93 said:

30jan2023.jpg

Here's the link to download Meteora|20 Voicemail #6 - Breaking The Habit Info

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/kf4dkhw2kuy5y/LP+Meteora20th+Voicemail+and+Pictures

Note: There's an animated woman from BTH music video, below the person with gas-mask. If anyone can filter the picture, you'll see what I mean.

Come on guys, one or two more voicemails left to hear. We are so close to see the full unlocked picture

It's odd because there are no more singles left, at least ones with a music video that is

Unless they will use the upcoming demos for it?? I'm not sure. Another thing that could happen is them summarising the album just to conclude this whole puzzle? 

Edited by arcyy57

5 minutes ago, arcyy57 said:

It's odd because there are no more singles left, at least ones with a music video that is

Unless they will use the upcoming demos for it?? I'm not sure. Another thing that could happen is them summarising the album just to conclude this whole puzzle? 

we only got 2 days left before the countdown. Maybe another voicemail will indicate that there might be a release date for Lost. That's just my theory.

On 1/28/2023 at 5:45 PM, LPLStaff said:

The fact this thread has 29,000+ views and 625 replies before it's even officially announced is really... surprising in this era of the band. The hype on this is massive. More so than the Hybrid Theory box set, maybe.

I think the hype is bigger because here we have a lot of unreleased demos we literally never ever heard before. With HT20 I was personally hyped for CHB, Pictureboard and Stick n’ move but as someone who didn’t care much about pre -Chester stuff I was a little less engaged 

12 hours ago, rqthomazini said:

Idk but I really believe “nobody’s listening“ and “session” have live drums recorded, but the electronic beats are the main layer in the mix. (most probably “session”at list”

there probably are live drum samples made by LP, just not recorded during the album sessions. It would explain Nocturnal and Session not having drums marked on the board.

The most likely case is were left with these 18 Tracks recorded drums at NRG:

1 Sick

2 Drawing

3 Cuidado

4 Husky

5 Faint

6 Interrogation

7 Figure.09

8 Plaster II

9 Pretty Birdie

10 Shifter

11 Serpent

12 Resolution

13 Wesside

14 Healing Foot

15 A.06

16 Cumulus

17 Numb

18 Massive

(19 Nocturnal)

(20 Session)

if that’s the case, we’ve got 20 songs in total worked on in the final process.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

14 minutes ago, STRANGELOVE92 said:

I think the hype is bigger because here we have a lot of unreleased demos we literally never ever heard before. With HT20 I was personally hyped for CHB, Pictureboard and Stick n’ move but as someone who didn’t care much about pre -Chester stuff I was a little less engaged 

Meteora has always been my #1 album ever since I bought the dvd edition when I was a kid. I really want to see the unused artwork, unused graffiti, and unused album cover.

I remember how there's alot of unused album covers fot MTM.

But I got some questions: Does New Divide count as ATS track? If not, will they make a 20th anniversary of New Divide?

Edited by AJ93

43 minutes ago, AJ93 said:

Meteora has always been my #1 album ever since I bought the dvd edition when I was a kid. I really want to see the unused artwork, unused graffiti, and unused album cover.

I remember how there's alot of unused album covers fot MTM.

But I got some questions: Does New Divide count as ATS track? If not, will they make a 20th anniversary of New Divide?

New divide was made in the ATS sessions, so it will go into that package. It doesn't make sense to do a 20th anniversary for a single.

47 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

there probably are live drum samples made by LP, just not recorded during the album sessions. It would explain Nocturnal and Session not having drums marked on the board.

Nocturnal or Serpent is the name of the Numb demo, no need to count it as another one. Anyway I hope Mike will solve the doubt once and for all in a Q&A on twitch. 

7 minutes ago, Capacity said:

Nocturnal or Serpent is the name of the Numb demo, no need to count it as another one. Anyway I hope Mike will solve the doubt once and for all in a Q&A on twitch. 

Not exactly. Nocturnal is most likely a Nobody’s Listening demo. Serpent is most likely not it, having no clean guitar recorded for it, it couldn’t be Numb. Numb was written late so it could either be the blank space or not on the board yet.

Keep in mind, one of the working titles has to be “Lost” because it was still being worked on at the time, and the only one that really makes sense is “Serpent” because “Cumulus” we know was a different demo, and Resolution didn’t have dirty guitar, and probably didn’t end up with it. I’m pretty doubtful that “Lost” has clean guitar on it but we’ll have to wait and find out.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

16 minutes ago, Capacity said:

New divide was made in the ATS sessions, so it will go into that package. It doesn't make sense to do a 20th anniversary for a single.

You're halfway right (pun intended). Yes, it was made during that time, but made specifically for the movie, like a parallel movement. It doesn't even sound like the early ATS demos like Aubrey One or Tritonus. I'd really love to see it included in a proper package but I wouldn't be surprised if it's omitted 

1 hour ago, IWillWalkAway said:

1 Sick = Don't Stay

2 Drawing = Breaking The Habit

3 Cuidado = Lying From You

4 Husky = Hit The Floor

5 Faint = Faint

6 Interrogation = Easier To Run

7 Figure.09 = Figure.09 (Both this and Plaster II / Plaster 2 were originally two completely different separate songs. Figure.09 is the rapping verses demo version. They would eventually both be combined to make one track. The Plaster II / Plaster 2 namesake would be dropped in favor of keeping the Figure.09 namesake. This is according to a theory from  @Hybrider)

8 Plaster II / Plaster 2 = Figure.09 (Both songs were originally two completely different separate songs. Plaster II / Plaster 2 is the singing verses demo version. They would eventually both be combined to make one track. The Plaster II / Plaster 2 namesake would be dropped in favor of keeping the Figure.09 namesake. This is according to a theory from @Hybrider)

9 Pretty Birdie / Pretty Birdy = Somewhere I Belong

10 Shifter = From The Inside

11 Serpent = Possibly Lost, according to a theory from @IWillWalkAway, or Nobody's Listening, according to @Trumtram and me

12 Resolution = Possibly the Rob drum demo

13 Wesside = Possibly evolved into Nobody's Listening, according to me, or is a hip-hop related track, according to a theory from @kiq fLP

14 Healing Foot = Possibly the Rob drum demo or possibly The Wizard Song

15 A.06/A-Six/A6

16 Cumulus = Either Fighting Myself or More the Victim

17 Numb = Possibly Nocturnal, according to different fans, or something else

18 Massive = Possibly The Wizard Song

(19 Nocturnal) = Possibly evolved into Numb, according to different fans, or possibly evolved into Nobody's Listening, according to @IWillWalkAway

(20 Session) = Session

Interesting. I wonder what of "Lost", "Fighting Myself", or "More The Victim"? We know "Lost" is "TTTAMP". I wonder what the other two songs are? It does sound like they would be final titles for a couple of these songs. Maybe "Fighting Myself" is "Cumulus" and 'More the Victim" is a different demo or vice versa. Not sure about that.

Edited by NJPLP

10 hours ago, NJPLP said:

Interesting. I wonder what of "Lost", "Fighting Myself", or "More The Victim"? We know "Lost" is "TTTAMP". I wonder what the other two songs are? It does sound like they would be final titles for a couple of these songs. Maybe "Fighting Myself" is "Cumulus" and 'More the Victim" is a different demo or vice versa. Not sure about that.

maybe those two other full songs are something we’ve never heard before (neither demos or something like that)

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoC8-XTN8tq/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

LPlive are you teasing us? Im an anxious person and you guys will have to pay my therapy bills 

4 minutes ago, rqthomazini said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoC8-XTN8tq/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

LPlive are you teasing us? aiaiaiiii

Let’s go! They know! scared me at first because i thought it was the real track but it’s just the isolated audio from “Mike’s Shirt” LPUTV. The song sounds amazing.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

19 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Let’s go! They know! scared me at first because i thought it was the real track but it’s just the isolated audio from “Mike’s Shirt” LPUTV. The song sounds amazing.

yes! Maybe the track on the video is the demo version of Lost or something like this. And absolutely this is “lost”, is the same BPM of the little snippet we have from making of Meteora and the harmony would fit with that chorus too. 

I bet the original final version will bleed us out. 

edit: they’re god damn teasing us too

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoC_OTzJ-3h/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edited by rqthomazini

12 minutes ago, rqthomazini said:

yes! Maybe the track on the video is the demo version of Lost or something like this. I bet the original final version will bleed us out. 

I bleed it out digging deeper just to throw it away.

Lol.

Anyway, maybe the track in the video is the 2002 Mix version of "Lost".

Edited by NJPLP

29 minutes ago, rqthomazini said:

yes! Maybe the track on the video is the demo version of Lost or something like this. And absolutely this is “lost”, is the same BPM of the little snippet we have from making of Meteora and the harmony would fit with that chorus too. 

It's not a demo version. It has polished guitar, so it is the final version.