"Deftest" To Be Auctioned On May 19th, 2022

lpliveusername

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Donate Now? Not bid? lol

There are 2 options. You have the option to donate, starting at 5$, to the charity. And of course you have the option to bid for the tape starting at 2k. Please people be careful with that since the website is a little confusing!

On other news the official track order is confirmed to be: Dialate, Fuse, Deftest, Stick N Move

45 minutes ago, MR-FIAT said:

i dont think the quality of Deftest realy matters that much, its an important historical piece and i never thought i would even get to hear a snippet of it in my lifetime. exciting stuff.

Totally agree! How many huge bands like LP have their very first bedroom demo out? Im guessing not a lot haha, def a cool piece of history.

It was like a year and 4 months after Mike mentioned the name of the song of "Deftest" on that one Twitch stream on October 15, 2020 that we finally got to hear a snippet of "Deftest" from Dave Garrett. In my opinion, it was worth the wait before we finally got to hear a snippet of it because now, we're, eventually, probably, going to get the full song.

Edited by NJPLP

Since she uploaded snippets of the songs of the tape, maybe after the auction she will upload the full songs there, if the new owner doesn't share the audio from the tape with us. Just a thought. 

Edited by NJPLP

On 5/17/2022 at 9:25 AM, NJPLP said:

Since she uploaded snippets of the songs of the tape, maybe after the auction she will upload the full songs there, if the new owner doesn't share the audio from the tape with us. Just a thought. 

I think her uploading at least Deftest might be a good chance. After checking the Internet Archive I noticed that Deftest was the only one of the 4 songs that were available to download in lossless quality (gives me hope that if she does upload at least the full version of Deftest it'll be lossless). This lossless rip sounds so much better compared to the snippet from the Dave G. interview as well. So if we do get this version of Deftest from her cassette tape we'll not only have the song in it's entirety but also in a quality I personally never thought we'd hear it in.

44 minutes ago, dereklp said:

less than an hour to go, any updates?

No, not that I know of, anyway.

I don't think anyone's bid on the tape yet, unfortunately.

Edited by NJPLP

There's less than 5 minutes before the auction ends. I feel like we're not gonna be getting the full song of "Deftest" anytime soon, unless someone bids more than $2,000 on the tape before the auction bidding timer runs out.

Edit: Now's it's less than 1 minute.

Edit 2: There's no winning bid for the tape, meaning we aren't getting the full song of "Deftest" any time soon.

Edited by NJPLP

8 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

Trust me, I'm honestly surprised someone didn't jump at the opportunity to bid on the tape.

I just got back from Vacation and forgot to register, I was considering it. Guess we'll see what happens next.

33 minutes ago, eyesburning said:

lol nobody willing to pay $2k for a historic tape but people willing to pay several thousands to pretend to be the owner of a 10 second mp3 file xD

hmm, i believe it's because buying NFTs makes profits while purchasing historic tape, only valueble to collectors and hardcore fans. that's all. no need to be complicated.

3 hours ago, Stranger said:

hmm, i believe it's because buying NFTs makes profits while purchasing historic tape, only valueble to collectors and hardcore fans. that's all. no need to be complicated.

NFTs are digital collectibles. Buying an NFT only makes profit if someone else is willing to pay more than you paid for it. Also known as "only valuable for collectors." If you buy an NFT from a random nobody I doubt you'll be making much money from it, but if you buy an NFT from a big name like Mike or those ugly monkeys I'm certain someone else would be willing to buy it from you and you'd be making a profit out of it.

Same thing happens with physical items. We purchased Rapology 12 for less than 5 bucks because people thought it was just a random old hip-hop compilation. But now everyone knows there's an exclusive Linkin Park (Xero) track on it and it's just impossible to find that CD for a reasonable price.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...