'Happy Endings' 3 Track Single

LPLStaff

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess he figures him doing it himself in his DAW with the source is better than some rando doing the edit lol. Or maybe the label is just trying to get him to push some content and give the song legs/SEO boost. 

2 hours ago, Bambitt said:

Why is this even a thing? Damn... what are you even doing Mike?

He did it for kids on TikTok. Ever since Remember The Name made the rounds on there, he’s taken a bigger interest in that platform.

I’ll look at it from another perspective, though. I think it’s dumb and pointless, yes, but then again I’ll just ignore it and pretend it’s not a thing. He released it for streaming. I streamed it once, and now I’ll never stream it again. No harm, no foul. I don’t use TikTok, so clearly I’m not in the target audience for a release like this.

Edited by Justin

20 minutes ago, Justin said:

He did it for kids on TikTok. Ever since Remember The Name made the rounds on there, he’s taken a bigger interest in that platform.

I’ll look at it from another perspective, though. I think it’s dumb and pointless, yes, but then again I’ll just ignore it and pretend it’s not a thing. He released it for streaming. I streamed it once, and now I’ll never stream it again. No harm, no foul. I don’t use TikTok, so clearly I’m not in the target audience for a release like this.

Definitely agree on this. This release is clearly made to widen his audience, like it or not, that’s the purpose. 

1 hour ago, Justin said:

100% agree

you know, to be fair to him, in an age where every creative is trying to capitalize on everything possible, mike's staying ahead of the curve. If anyone watches any YouTube you may have seen a whole bunch of "shorts" videos and channels where they reupload like small clips of old videos and other stuff so they can make money off their own old clips instead of some random person who made a compilation. I guess this is the same thing as that. it does not take a genius to speed a song up for a nightcore remix or the slowed + reverb remix. someone on youtube would've made these versions anyway, mike just took the liberty of having them made and officially released himself so he can make the money.

i'm never gonna listen to any of these again, and i imagine not many others here will BUT for the ~100k people who listen to this kinda stuff on the daily, this is him hitting a bunch of weird niche markets, which does kinda lineup with twitch. there are going to be a bunch of twitch streamers playing these versions, that's for sure. 

i think he's really trying out the online creator model to make some money. who knows why. this wasn't a defense of these remixes or Mike because i do think the remixes are garbage but i am high as fuck and had a moment of brilliance while thinking how this isn't possibly some kind of april fools joke. #cashgrab

38 minutes ago, RogueSoul said:

you know, to be fair to him, in an age where every creative is trying to capitalize on everything possible, mike's staying ahead of the curve. If anyone watches any YouTube you may have seen a whole bunch of "shorts" videos and channels where they reupload like small clips of old videos and other stuff so they can make money off their own old clips instead of some random person who made a compilation. I guess this is the same thing as that. it does not take a genius to speed a song up for a nightcore remix or the slowed + reverb remix. someone on youtube would've made these versions anyway, mike just took the liberty of having them made and officially released himself so he can make the money.

i'm never gonna listen to any of these again, and i imagine not many others here will BUT for the ~100k people who listen to this kinda stuff on the daily, this is him hitting a bunch of weird niche markets, which does kinda lineup with twitch. there are going to be a bunch of twitch streamers playing these versions, that's for sure. 

i think he's really trying out the online creator model to make some money. who knows why. this wasn't a defense of these remixes or Mike because i do think the remixes are garbage but i am high as fuck and had a moment of brilliance while thinking how this isn't possibly some kind of april fools joke. #cashgrab

Is that you JZLP ? 

2 hours ago, RogueSoul said:

I don't think this has any intention to widen his audience. I think he just thinks it's funny and he's just doing it without thinking about it much further. I also don't think he's doing this for the money. There are much better ways to do a cashgrab.

The dude is just having fun and doing what he wants to do. I thought it was obvious that the remixes were not serious but apparently people want to believe Mike is just in it for the money.

If he was just in it for the money, Linkin Park would’ve already came back with a new lead vocalist. You do not have to love everything an artist does, but I thought we would’ve learned by now that immediately jumping on a hate train does no good. 

On 4/4/2021 at 2:22 AM, DCrecelius said:

If he was just in it for the money, Linkin Park would’ve already came back with a new lead vocalist. You do not have to love everything an artist does, but I thought we would’ve learned by now that immediately jumping on a hate train does no good. 

He is smart

who would do a comeback in the middle of a pandemic crisis without concerts? 

LP will comeback but im sure that it will be next in 2022