“Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” Instrumental is in Another LPTV

IWillWalkAway

Spoiler

Lost is said to be 3:21 so around 40 seconds less than my version. As I predicted, It would probably be shorter, my bridge version is a bit long. I’m very interested to hear the full choruses and the bridge parts. The intro was heard in “Summer Sanitarium” following the first verse, which we’ve heard in “Mike’s Shirt”. The second verse will be cool to hear too. Overall a very interesting song, and to hear what it sounds like without all that background noise is gonna be dope.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/6/2022 at 12:47 PM, IWillWalkAway said:

We’re coming somewhat close to Meteora’s 20th Anniversary, and even though we may or may not see this song’s release, even though it’s likely number 1 right now for requested releases, I thought I should go over what’s known about it right now:

1. The song was first shown in the “Making of Meteora” video

2. A lyric sheet of the song has been shown

3. The Instrumental of the song has been used over two clips in LPTV. The “Summer Sanitarium” episode and “Mike’s Shirt” LPU Exclusive.

4. The song is heard twice in Season 1 of LPTV, during the recording of Meteora:

The Studio II - 7:34

The Vocals - 1:37

Now here are some of my predictions:

1. The song’s title is either “Shifter” or “Nocturnal”. Yes, keep in mind a supposedly “leaked” Nocturnal was released on youtube, but it is in fact fake. It was found to not be Linkin Park, instead a demo by a band called Riverline.

These two titles were mentioned before the album release in 2003 in an interview, so clearly by then they had to have been finished songs, just not included on the album. Some say it’s possible they could’ve been working titles but I have my doubts that any songs still had working titles by that point (other then the ones that kept them of course).

2. “Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” might not have been the final chorus lyrics, which may be why Mike doesn’t recognize them.

3. If my other two statements are incorrect, the song/demo may have never received final lyrics, and remained an instrumental.

and, here’s my finished reinterpretation of the full song from  the clips we’ve gotten:

https://youtu.be/N6vygmhgHog

its going to be really interesting to find out how accurate your interpretation was

15 minutes ago, JZ-GreyDazePatheticWorship said:

its going to be really interesting to find out how accurate your interpretation was

The first verse is probably going to be the most accurate part, the rest will probably be a bit different. My choruses are probably gonna be similar to it (probably will be the same guitar chords, from what we’ve heard already). I’m also looking forward to hearing how the song actually starts. My prediction is that the vocals start on the first verse. Let’s see if I’m correct.

58 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

The first verse is probably going to be the most accurate part, the rest will probably be a bit different. My choruses are probably gonna be similar to it (probably will be the same guitar chords, from what we’ve heard already). I’m also looking forward to hearing how the song actually starts. My prediction is that the vocals start on the first verse. Let’s see if I’m correct.

Hopefully, we get it soon. The hype, excitement, and anticipation is killing me, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2020 at 8:01 AM, hahninator said:

They don't sound like the same song to me. It's a full band deal on the Summer Sanitarium video, and this is just a simple beat with Joe scratching over it on the LPUTV video. It doesn't seem like the same thing at all.

I can now confirm in 2023 that OP was correct and this song is infact now we know as the song Lost. Great find!

I'm here in 2023. You were correct this song is 'Lost'

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/9/2023 at 6:34 PM, LPLStaff said:

Not for me - the Lost bridge is much better than what we hear on the DVD. They made the right decision on the bridge.

Agreed. We still got the song. That’s what matters. I always thought “TTTAMP” seemed a bit unfinished anyways.

My initial impression was that Lost made it that far and that was it. Scrapped because it couldn’t get good enough lyrics. But it turned out to be a fully finished song. The summer sanitarium clip kinda first gave me the feeling it was a completed studio track and we’d just never heard it.

On 4/9/2023 at 4:34 PM, LPLStaff said:

Not for me - the Lost bridge is much better than what we hear on the DVD. They made the right decision on the bridge.

The greatest big decision man 5 or 6 weeks in number one? or more? i dont know but

that's a hell of a decision

i cant believe that Lost got to be one of the band's biggest songs. If Chester was alive im pretty damn sure that we they would play it live.

7 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

The greatest big decision man 5 or 6 weeks in number one? or more? i dont know but

that's a hell of a decision

i cant believe that Lost got to be one of the band's biggest songs. If Chester was alive im pretty damn sure that we they would play it live.

80 million streams on Spotify in 3 fucking months. At this pace, it will easily crack 300 million by the end of the year 

• 6 months later...
On 5/6/2023 at 8:52 PM, LPLStaff said:

It's still number one 7+ weeks on the charts lol. Crazy. If this was released as a Meteora single it would be known by everyone.

I definitely think Lost would’ve been huge back in the day, and would’ve easily become an anthem known by everyone but when it comes down to it, I think Numb ended up being bigger than Lost would’ve been. The two songs are very close to being the same level of power and emotion, and they’re both amazing songs. The fact is they wanted Numb and didn’t want another song that had its same emotional intensity. So holding it off the record was what they needed to do to do that. I think they made the right choice though, Lost definitely sounds like the album but it feels like it doesn’t quite have a spot on the album. I’m guessing the song never ended up on an LPU because it was finished and that was really mostly for demos and unfinished/scrapped material.

20 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I definitely think Lost would’ve been huge back in the day, and would’ve easily become an anthem known by everyone but when it comes down to it, I think Numb ended up being bigger than Lost would’ve been. The two songs are very close to being the same level of power and emotion, and they’re both amazing songs. The fact is they wanted Numb and didn’t want another song that had its same emotional intensity. So holding it off the record was what they needed to do to do that. I think they made the right choice though, Lost definitely sounds like the album but it feels like it doesn’t quite have a spot on the album. I’m guessing the song never ended up on an LPU because it was finished and that was really mostly for demos and unfinished/scrapped material.

Lost sounds good after Easier To Run

To me it makes sense being on the album the only problem was the band's mindset of having really short albums.

Stadium Arcadium was a double album it was like 27 killer songs and they even released like 8 or more besides from those sessions.

Long albums are awesome.

Edited by JZLP-NaughtyNottingham

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/19/2023 at 12:52 PM, Somebodyangry said:

Lost would have been huge back then but it’s weaker than Numb so I get why they didn’t include it. But it’s fucking amazing to have it. 

yea after listening to it probably hundreds of times i can see what Mike said how it has the same intensity as Numb, and it just doesn’t quite make sense on the album before Numb really. An extra track from the album is what it kinda needed to be, just it definitely could’ve been a B-side back in 2003, I think. But alas they forgot about it, and understandably as they never really needed another extra song that year in particular so again i’m glad it’s out now nevertheless.

36 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

yea after listening to it probably hundreds of times i can see what Mike said how it has the same intensity as Numb, and it just doesn’t quite make sense on the album before Numb really. An extra track from the album is what it kinda needed to be, just it definitely could’ve been a B-side back in 2003, I think. But alas they forgot about it, and understandably as they never really needed another extra song that year in particular so again i’m glad it’s out now nevertheless.

Yeah totally 

• 1 month later...

I just kinda really had a realization going through this thread again that i actually predicted A LOT about Lost without realizing it. I predicted it probably didn’t have the thoughts that take away my pride line in a more finished version, I think I might’ve even said somewhere back in like 2020/21 or so that it could’ve been a full track that got mixed by Andy. That’s really crazy man, I guess it was some lucky guesses honestly, cause I literally knew just as much as everyone else lol.

On 11/28/2020 at 8:07 PM, IWillWalkAway said:

Well I think the song probably made it to the mixing session in NYC because it sounds really well mixed just like the other Meteora tracks in all those LPTV videos. But they cut it probably sometime right after for a reason we don’t know.

yea holy shit here it is. crazy.

I think they only used tracks they had in a finished form behind those older videos, so that’s what gave it away for me that it was a finished mixed and mastered deal

Funny looking back on when we literally knew nothing about the demo in the making of meteora, trying to come up with what it could be by finding more sources of it that existed at the time, and that whole time it was a song wrapped up and ready to be on the album still sitting on a shelf

This was pretty impressive too

On 5/19/2021 at 1:56 PM, IWillWalkAway said:

Do you guys think the wizard song instrumental whatever that instrumental was may have been a demo for TTTAMP? The chords are pretty similar and the tempo/key is the same. Also in Mike’s Shirt LPUTV during the second part of the verse part we hear of TTTAMP there is a sound that’s a double beep and it’s the same keys as the guitar in the chorus of The Wizard Song. Basically what I’m saying is they both have some sort of connection and I think that instrumental might actually be a demo for TTTAMP. Of course only like 20% sure though.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 6:09 PM, IWillWalkAway said:

I also made my own custom demo/cover of the song. I had to redo it once and it took pretty long. It’s not fantastic but it’s ok:

I just went through this thread again and it's insane what you discovered about this song during that time. More so your cover is damn close to "Lost" which is amazing in hindsight considering what you had to work with.