“Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” Instrumental is in Another LPTV

IWillWalkAway

It seems like it could be possible that the band took something from TTTAMP to make Burn It Down. I know they're literally like a decade apart but the chords are a bit similar, same key, and the hi hats are somewhat similar and the tempo is about the same. Idk maybe that song had some inspiration from TTTAMP. This could just be a coincidence though and they just happen to sound similar. The wizard song is also strangely similar. As i've said before, the instrumental of wizard song maybe could have been a demo of TTTAMP.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

It seems like it could be possible that the band took something from TTTAMP to make Burn It Down. I know they're literally like a decade apart but the chords are a bit similar, same key, and the hi hats are somewhat similar and the tempo is about the same. Idk maybe that song had some inspiration from TTTAMP. This could just be a coincidence though and they just happen to sound similar. The wizard song is also strangely similar. As i've said before, the instrumental of wizard song maybe could have been a demo of TTTAMP.

I think it sounds just a bit similiar because thats how Mike programs beats, if it would be the exact pattern it would be different but BID has a different hihat pattern. The Wizard song theory could hold more truth though!

12 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

chords are a bit similar, same key, and the hi hats are somewhat similar and the tempo is about the same

welcome to pop music. If you went by that theory there's plenty of songs that you could consider inspiration for other songs

• 1 month later...

We should ask Mike about what 'Nocturnal', 'Nursery' [or possibly "Hearsay"], 'Plaster II', 'Resolution', 'Serpent' [or possibly "Quotient"], and 'Shifter' are to know if they are songs from the Meteora era or are working titles for songs off Meteora, similar to how "Cuidado" is actually the working title for "Lying From You".

While I’m too sure about what the other ones could be, my guess is that the working title for “From The Inside” is “Plaster II”. The only reason I think that is because they are hard, heavy hitting hard rock songs. But, hey, that’s just me thinking out loud.

Edited by NJPLP

On 8/12/2021 at 3:19 PM, NJPLP said:

We should ask Mike about what 'Nocturnal', 'Nursery' [or possibly "Hearsay"], 'Plaster II', 'Resolution', 'Serpent' [or possibly "Quotient"], and 'Shifter' are to know if they are songs from the Meteora era or are working titles for songs off Meteora, similar to how "Cuidado" is actually the working title for "Lying From You".

While I’m too sure about what the other ones could be, my guess is that the working title for “From The Inside” is “Plaster II”. The only reason I think that is because they are hard, heavy hitting hard rock songs. But, hey, that’s just me thinking out loud.

I don´t know if Mike remembers those names. It´s been 20 years since they started working on Meteora, and during those 20 years they´ve made hundreds, if not thousands of demos. Remebering a demo just from the names that we have (and some of them could be wrong) would be impressive. We could try and asking him, but I think the most probable answer that Mike would give us would be "I don´t remeber those demos".

One more thing, "Cuidado" is the working title of "Lying From You"? What? Really?

Edit: I saw on Linkinpedia that Mike talked about "Cuidado" on twitch, freaking awesome!

Edited by jopevc

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/12/2021 at 10:19 AM, NJPLP said:

Well apparently, 'Shifter' is said to be a demo for Somewhere I Belong. Do we have proof though that this was in fact a demo for Somewhere I Belong?

Also, unrelated to that, it's worth noting that "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" may not have been the final lyrics for the song. This could very well be the reason Mike does not remember those lyrics. When recording, Chester mentions (Making of Meteora) that they had to rewrite a song 97 times. They probably were talking about TTTAMP since that was the song they were recording. Mike might not remember that song having those lyrics because they might not have been the final ones. Just maybe.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

1 hour ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Well apparently, 'Shifter' is said to be a demo for Somewhere I Belong. Do we have proof though that this was in fact a demo for Somewhere I Belong?

Pretty sure it isn't. That was just a rumor someone started several years ago. Nocturnal was also said to be Numb but this was never confirmed. We got confirmation that Shifter wasn't the working title for Somewhere I Belong back in 2013:

On 9/9/2021 at 6:43 PM, IWillWalkAway said:

That's really cool that Cuidado was actually a demo! And it's Lying From You! I'd love to hear it eventually!

Maybe we'll get it in a Meteora 20th anniversary box set (if they consider doing a box set for it!). But not just that, maybe also other songs such as 'A-Six' with vocals, "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" (or whatever it's actual name is), 'The Wizard Song' (even though Chester says the song doesn't exist, he could be lying, but I'm pretty sure since he confirmed it, he's probably right), 'Nocturnal', 'Nursery' [or possibly "Hearsay"], 'Plaster II', 'Resolution', 'Serpent' [or possibly "Quotient"], and 'Shifter'. Heck, we could probably even get the Meteora remixes in the box set too!

Also, unrelated to that former statement, maybe if they consider like a small Reanimation 20th anniversary 2 disc CD set (they probably wouldn't do that because they re-released Reanimation with the Hybrid Theory 20th anniversary box set, but, hey, there's still the option for that!), we could get the other Reanimation outtakes, such as the DJ Crook remix of 'My December', the DJ Z-Trip remix of 'Points of Authority', The Crystal Method remix of 'Points Of Authority' with Ryu's verse, that one remix by Tricky (not confirmed which Hybrid Theory song was remixed), that one remix by Prince Paul (not confirmed which Hybrid Theory song was remixed), and a possible remix by Björk (not confirmed which Hybrid Theory song was remixed).

Edited by NJPLP

On 9/12/2021 at 10:47 PM, lpliveusername said:

Pretty sure it isn't. That was just a rumor someone started several years ago. Nocturnal was also said to be Numb but this was never confirmed. We got confirmation that Shifter wasn't the working title for Somewhere I Belong back in 2013:

Right I forgot about Pretty Birdie. Well in that case who knows maybe Shifter is actually TTTAMP or a demo for it. Or maybe a demo for a song that we've heard.

On 9/13/2021 at 3:03 PM, NJPLP said:

Also, unrelated to that former statement, maybe if they consider like a small Reanimation 20th anniversary 2 disc CD set (they probably wouldn't do that because they re-released Reanimation with the Hybrid Theory 20th anniversary box set, but, hey, there's still the option for that!), we could get the other Reanimation outtakes, such as the DJ Crook remix of 'My December', the DJ Z-Trip remix of 'Points of Authority', The Crystal Method remix of 'Points Of Authority' with Ryu's verse, that one remix by Tricky (not confirmed which Hybrid Theory song was remixed), that one remix by Prince Paul (not confirmed which Hybrid Theory song was remixed), and a possible remix by Björk (not confirmed which Hybrid Theory song was remixed).

Those would be cool as well. I think at some point, LPU just maybe might come back with some more demos and unreleased songs. Maybe an LPU 21? Pretty unlikely but I'm hoping at least.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

On 9/13/2021 at 5:26 PM, IWillWalkAway said:

Those would be cool as well. I think at some point, LPU just maybe might come back with some more demos and unreleased songs. Maybe an LPU 21? Pretty unlikely but I'm hoping at least.

I was also thinking about that. Maybe they could make a LP Underground 21 CD. I would want songs like Deftest (1996 Xero Demo), Ashes (1999 Demo), Turn To Grey (1999 Demo), Dreamer (1997/1998 Xero Demo), Weight (1997/1998 Xero Demo), Flower (1999 "She Couldn't" Beat Demo), Pointillism (1998 Mike Shinoda Demo), Slip (1998 Xero Demo), Carousel (1998 Xero Demo), Step Up (1998 Xero Demo), Stick N Move (1998 Xero Demo), Grecian (2006 Demo), Monday Meeting (2009/2010 Demo), LeftRight (2009/2010 Demo), "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" (2002 Demo), The Wizard Song (2002 Demo) [Though Chester said it doesn't exist, it has to exist in some form, right?], Fire In The City (2006/2007 Demo), Cuidado (2002 "Lying From You" Demo), Sick (2002 "Don't Stay" Demo), Chicken Basket (2009/2010 Demo), F**king Awesome (2009/2010 Demo), Until It Breaks Demo, No 4 (2011/2012 Demo), and The Glistening (2013/2014 Demo) are many of the many I would want on my LPU wishlist if they considered coming back with a new CD for this year.

Edit: They probably wouldn't release anything later than the Hybrid Theory days as Warner might be saving the Meteora demos and later demos for Meteora's 20th Anniversary (if Linkin Park consider doing it) and later 20th anniversary releases (if Linkin Park consider doing those) [Mike Shinoda did say this on one of his Twitch streams in November 2020, when a fan who told Mike, "A Thousand Suns deserves a 20th anniversary release.", he responded with "I agree with that. I endorse that. It would be weird if we did a Hybrid Theory 20 and then skipped ahead to A Thousand Suns 20. But that would be my priority, I would prioritize ATS 20 over Meteora 20 but then again, maybe we just do 20's for every album just every few years, a new 20. I feel like we'll run out of demos if we did that. Anniversary box set for every album.".]

Edited by NJPLP

4 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I don’t think those vocals of “the wizard song” exist is what Chester meant. They were just fooling around in Mike’s studio they probably never even recorded it. The instrumental would be interesting as it’s from the same era of demos as cumulus, soundtrack, etc.

Chester was at some point singing over another take of himself singing, one track at least has to be there. I think he rather meant, that it was a cookie and didn't turn out to be a song. Like they didn't know, that the fanbase wanted exactly what they asked for.

On 9/14/2021 at 10:32 AM, NJPLP said:

I was also thinking about that. Maybe they could make a LP Underground 21 CD. I would want songs like Deftest (1996/1997 Xero Demo), Ashes (1999 Demo), Turn To Grey (1999 Demo), Dreamer (1997/1998 Xero Demo), Weight (1997/1998 Xero Demo), Flower (1999 "She Couldn't" Beat Demo), Pointillism (1998 Mike Shinoda Demo), Slip (1998 Xero Demo), Carousel (1998 Xero Demo), Step Up (1998 Xero Demo), Stick N Move (1998 Xero Demo), Grecian (2006 Demo), Monday Meeting (2009/2010 Demo), LeftRight (2009/2010 Demo), "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" (2002 Demo), The Wizard Song (2002 Demo) [Though Chester said it doesn't exist, it has to exist in some form, right?], Fire In The City (2006/2007 Demo), Cuidado (2002 "Lying From You" Demo), Sick (2002 "Don't Stay" Demo), Chicken Basket (2009/2010 Demo), F**king Awesome (2009/2010 Demo), Until It Breaks Demo, No 4 (2011/2012 Demo), and The Glistening (2013/2014 Demo) are many of the many I would want on my LPU wishlist if they considered coming back with a new CD for this year.

Edit: They probably wouldn't release anything later than the Hybrid Theory days as Warner might be saving the Meteora demos and later demos for Meteora's 20th Anniversary (if Linkin Park consider doing it) and later 20th anniversary releases (if Linkin Park consider doing those) [Mike Shinoda did say this on one of his Twitch streams in November 2020, when a fan who told Mike, "A Thousand Suns deserves a 20th anniversary release.", he responded with "I agree with that. I endorse that. It would be weird if we did a Hybrid Theory 20 and then skipped ahead to A Thousand Suns 20. But that would be my priority, I would prioritize ATS 20 over Meteora 20 but then again, maybe we just do 20's for every album just every few years, a new 20. I feel like we'll run out of demos if we did that. Anniversary box set for every album.".]

i think a stuff that Mike could easily (i think) release would be the beats from LPTV (i think that they are all from HT sessions)... like "Grr" for a example... it appear on LPTV 2003 and they released on LPU15... i would love to hear all these beats.

Edited by unksoldier2000

Unrelated to this topic, someone needs to talk to Mike about the "actual" "Hive", when he put out the tracks from the MTV 2005 VMA Score on his SoundCloud, tell him he accidentally put out "100 Degrees" under the name "HIve", see if he has the "actual" track, and see if he can release it.

Edited by NJPLP

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2021 at 9:32 AM, NJPLP said:

I was also thinking about that. Maybe they could make a LP Underground 21 CD. I would want songs like Deftest (1996/1997 Xero Demo), Ashes (1999 Demo), Turn To Grey (1999 Demo), Dreamer (1997/1998 Xero Demo), Weight (1997/1998 Xero Demo), Flower (1999 "She Couldn't" Beat Demo), Pointillism (1998 Mike Shinoda Demo), Slip (1998 Xero Demo), Carousel (1998 Xero Demo), Step Up (1998 Xero Demo), Stick N Move (1998 Xero Demo), Grecian (2006 Demo), Monday Meeting (2009/2010 Demo), LeftRight (2009/2010 Demo), "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" (2002 Demo), The Wizard Song (2002 Demo) [Though Chester said it doesn't exist, it has to exist in some form, right?], Fire In The City (2006/2007 Demo), Cuidado (2002 "Lying From You" Demo), Sick (2002 "Don't Stay" Demo), Chicken Basket (2009/2010 Demo), F**king Awesome (2009/2010 Demo), Until It Breaks Demo, No 4 (2011/2012 Demo), and The Glistening (2013/2014 Demo) are many of the many I would want on my LPU wishlist if they considered coming back with a new CD for this year.

I forgot Friendly Fire, My Horizon, and Tidal Wave. I would also want those on my LPU wishlist as well.

• 1 month later...

the only way i can really see us getting tttamp is through the 20th of meteora anniversary. if we don’t get a meteora 20 then unfortunately we might never get to hear it. it might just end up being in that landfill with all the other songs that were left unreleased and unknown to the public. at least we asked mike about the track and he didn’t really remember but ig it could be he doesn’t wanna talk about it. if those were lyrics to a chorus of a finished song i’m sure he’d remember them.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/28/2021 at 8:49 PM, IWillWalkAway said:

On 6/29/2021 at 5:04 AM, Robrobbsen said:

I think it sounds just a bit similiar because thats how Mike programs beats, if it would be the exact pattern it would be different but BID has a different hihat pattern. The Wizard song theory could hold more truth though!

"Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" (or whatever it's real name is) and "The Wizard Song both have the same BPM of 106 (From what I found out using a song key & BPM finder, which doesn't always get the right BPM).

"Burn It Down" has a BPM of 110. 

They are 4 BPM apart from each other. They are close, but they are not the exact same BPM.

Edited by NJPLP

• 6 months later...

We’re coming somewhat close to Meteora’s 20th Anniversary, and even though we may or may not see this song’s release, even though it’s likely number 1 right now for requested releases, I thought I should go over what’s known about it right now:

1. The song was first shown in the “Making of Meteora” video

2. A lyric sheet of the song has been shown

3. The Instrumental of the song has been used over two clips in LPTV. The “Summer Sanitarium” episode and “Mike’s Shirt” LPU Exclusive.

4. The song is heard twice in Season 1 of LPTV, during the recording of Meteora:

The Studio II - 7:34

The Vocals - 1:37

Now here are some of my predictions:

1. The song’s title is either “Shifter” or “Nocturnal”. Yes, keep in mind a supposedly “leaked” Nocturnal was released on youtube, but it is in fact fake. It was found to not be Linkin Park, instead a demo by a band called Riverline.

These two titles were mentioned before the album release in 2003 in an interview, so clearly by then they had to have been finished songs, just not included on the album. Some say it’s possible they could’ve been working titles but I have my doubts that any songs still had working titles by that point (other then the ones that kept them of course).

2. “Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” might not have been the final chorus lyrics, which may be why Mike doesn’t recognize them.

3. If my other two statements are incorrect, the song/demo may have never received final lyrics, and remained an instrumental.

and, here’s my finished reinterpretation of the full song from  the clips we’ve gotten:

https://youtu.be/N6vygmhgHog

Edited by IWillWalkAway

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2022 at 7:47 PM, IWillWalkAway said:

We’re coming somewhat close to Meteora’s 20th Anniversary, and even though we may or may not see this song’s release, even though it’s likely number 1 right now for requested releases, I thought I should go over what’s known about it right now:

1. The song was first shown in the “Making of Meteora” video

2. A lyric sheet of the song has been shown

3. The Instrumental of the song has been used over two clips in LPTV. The “Summer Sanitarium” episode and “Mike’s Shirt” LPU Exclusive.

4. The song is heard twice in Season 1 of LPTV, during the recording of Meteora:

The Studio II - 7:34

The Vocals - 1:37

Now here are some of my predictions:

1. The song’s title is either “Shifter” or “Nocturnal”. Yes, keep in mind a supposedly “leaked” Nocturnal was released on youtube, but it is in fact fake. It was found to not be Linkin Park, instead a demo by a band called Riverline.

These two titles were mentioned before the album release in 2003 in an interview, so clearly by then they had to have been finished songs, just not included on the album. Some say it’s possible they could’ve been working titles but I have my doubts that any songs still had working titles by that point (other then the ones that kept them of course).

2. “Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” might not have been the final chorus lyrics, which may be why Mike doesn’t recognize them.

3. If my other two statements are incorrect, the song/demo may have never received final lyrics, and remained an instrumental.

and, here’s my finished reinterpretation of the full song from  the clips we’ve gotten:

https://youtu.be/N6vygmhgHog

Spoiler

It's recently been confirmed through a leak that the actual title of "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" is "Lost". I wonder what the full song sounds like. I guess find out either this week or next week.