“Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” Instrumental is in Another LPTV

IWillWalkAway

17 hours ago, jopevc said:

Now we wait until the next live stream? If he actually sees it, how long do we might have to wait?

Could be next stream, could be multiple streams. He doesn't have a dedicated Q&A time. He doesn't answer questions every stream. So we just have to wait and see.

On 5/15/2021 at 11:21 PM, NJPLP said:

When was that?

https://streamable.com/ywj7x4 His stream from April 19th.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Justin said:

Could be next stream, could be multiple streams. He doesn't have a dedicated Q&A time. He doesn't answer questions every stream. So we just have to wait and see.

Well, we just have to wait, even if it takes months XD

14 hours ago, Justin said:

https://streamable.com/ywj7x4 His stream from April 19th.

That was close! Mike just had to watch the video on youtube in the time-stamp they said. C´moooooon Mike XD

1 hour ago, NJPLP said:

All we need to do now is show Mike this clip from "LPTV Episode 5: The Vocals", or the same exact version of the clip from "The Making Of Meteora".

To be honest i kind of get the vibe that mike just don´t want to talk about stuff like that. He is always really vague and i´m pretty sure he know that the more info he gives out the more people will pry for a release or something. I think that why he is "ignoring" the timestamps and just goes "yeah i don´t know about that song really, guys we did a lot of soungs that went nowhere" because he cant releaes what he doesnt know.

I´ll be mike gets a ton of messages daily like "release friendly fire" or else, that must suck too. Just get the vibe that mike is playing it safe here and is just for his sake not revealing to much but thats just my guess.

2 hours ago, Robrobbsen said:

To be honest i kind of get the vibe that mike just don´t want to talk about stuff like that. He is always really vague and i´m pretty sure he know that the more info he gives out the more people will pry for a release or something. I think that why he is "ignoring" the timestamps and just goes "yeah i don´t know about that song really, guys we did a lot of soungs that went nowhere" because he cant releaes what he doesnt know.

That could be but it is possible that he genuinely doesn’t know. You have to remember how many songs Linkin park has wrote. And since “Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” isn’t the most memorable he very well probably won’t remember it until hearing it. Once he hears it though he’ll probably say “Oh that’s that song!” We showed him that one Meteora demo once (the beautiful piano one that soaring man made a cover to) and he remembered it. We just gotta show him and he’ll probably remember it.

I also made my own custom demo/cover of the song. I had to redo it once and it took pretty long. It’s not fantastic but it’s ok:

2 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

That could be but it is possible that he genuinely doesn’t know. You have to remember how many songs Linkin park has wrote. And since “Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” isn’t the most memorable he very well probably won’t remember it until hearing it. Once he hears it though he’ll probably say “Oh that’s that song!” We showed him that one Meteora demo once (the beautiful piano one that soaring man made a cover to) and he remembered it. We just gotta show him and he’ll probably remember it.

I also made my own custom demo/cover of the song. I had to redo it once and it took pretty long. It’s not fantastic but it’s ok:

The verse sections sound really good, the chorus not so because its missing guitar and real drums but if you wan´t i can try to record some for the song. I´m not as good and acurate as Astat but I did try to build some profiles for the kemper and they sound pretty close. 

Also yeah its not that i don´t believe that Mike genuinely doesn´t know that particular song after all those years but I´m sure he has been asked about this demo more than a few times and in the one linked someone even gave him a timestamp and he just does not seem to really care at all or like i said he plays it safe. 

Could you by chance link me the stream where he talks about the piano song? That was always one of my favourite Meteora demos!

9 minutes ago, Robrobbsen said:

The verse sections sound really good, the chorus not so because its missing guitar and real drums but if you wan´t i can try to record some for the song. I´m not as good and acurate as Astat but I did try to build some profiles for the kemper and they sound pretty close. 

Also yeah its not that i don´t believe that Mike genuinely doesn´t know that particular song after all those years but I´m sure he has been asked about this demo more than a few times and in the one linked someone even gave him a timestamp and he just does not seem to really care at all or like i said he plays it safe. 

Could you by chance link me the stream where he talks about the piano song? That was always one of my favourite Meteora demos!

Thanks the verse part is my favorite! The guitar isn’t the best I agree. The drums are ok but not great.

Also I think that was the first time Mike has said anything to the public about Thoughts That Take Away My Pride. Surprisingly, it has never been talked about. It hasn’t been asked about much either only very few times in the old linkin park chats from the mid-2000s and later. 

Also I cannot find the stream link or the clip of him talking about it at the moment but I’ll comment it with a link when I do. Basically he said he remembered it but didn’t remember the title, and said that it goes into a heavier part after the clip played.

5 hours ago, Robrobbsen said:

I´ll be mike gets a ton of messages daily like "release friendly fire" or else, that must suck too. Just get the vibe that mike is playing it safe here and is just for his sake not revealing to much but thats just my guess.

Or maybe he likes to "play" with us, like " I know that they like that demo a lot so I´m not going to talk about it to keep the them hyped up and then release it". Maybe its this because the mistery around demos is what sometimes keeps the fans interested in them, but its just my opinion

5 hours ago, jopevc said:

Or maybe he likes to "play" with us, like " I know that they like that demo a lot so I´m not going to talk about it to keep the them hyped up and then release it". Maybe its this because the mistery around demos is what sometimes keeps the fans interested in them, but its just my opinion

That’s also possible. He didn’t share much about Pictureboard at all until the actual release of it. He just kinda said “oh it’s nothing that great guys”. He might not want to go into depth about certain songs that fans really want released because he doesn’t want to spoil too much about the song. I still hope we get some information about the track though because we literally have no info about it.

He also said that chances are it’s likely a demo of a track that made it to the album but I really don’t think it is. It’s kind of similar to numb in the beat but hearing it you can definitely tell that it doesn’t sound like any of the other tracks at all. It sounds like it had a lot of electronic sounds used especially in the verse part (can be heard in LPUTV - Mike’s Shirt) which may be why it was cut. I know that they didn’t want to drag too far away from the Hybrid Theory sound and that’s what that song may have been doing.

But anyways yeah he might not be sharing anything because he doesn’t wanna spoil anything or something because I know I definitely could see it being released at some point as it has been a mystery and a holy grail for literally like ever since Meteora.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

24 minutes ago, jopevc said:

That would be the best scenario for sure but i don´t see that happening unless Meteroa 20 or something. LPU is not releasing demos anymore and LP hasnt released any random demos just because.

Also i think Mike if would want to build hype he would say something other than "oh i dont know anything about that" He could say"of thats a really cool song we worked on, shame its not released" or something like that. With Happy endings mike just said you need to play it on repeat or something like that, so hes not really subtle about that^^

4 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I still hope we get some information about the track though because we literally have no info about it.

That´s true, the only thing we know is that its a meteora demo, has vocals and it was used in 3 or more LPTV episodes. With pictureboard we knew the oficial name, the era that it was from, who sang on it, we knew that was performed live and it wasn´t on any LPU cd because of copyright (and maybe a few more things that I´m not remembering)

4 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

He also said that chances are it’s likely a demo of a track that made it to the album but I really don’t think it is. It’s kind of similar to numb in the beat but hearing it you can definitely tell that it doesn’t sound like any of the other tracks at all.

And let´s not forget that the band said on the meteora booklet that Numb came up very easly, with almost no effort, from a sample that eventually became the intro sample. The intro could be inspired from "Thoughts that take away my pride" but they allready had the intro hook a week before entering NRG studios. So we could preatty much say that "Thoughts" (I´m going to call it like this instead of the long name XD) isn´t a Numb demo

4 hours ago, Robrobbsen said:

That would be the best scenario for sure but i don´t see that happening unless Meteroa 20 or something. LPU is not releasing demos anymore and LP hasnt released any random demos just because.

Also i think Mike if would want to build hype he would say something other than "oh i dont know anything about that" He could say"of thats a really cool song we worked on, shame its not released" or something like that. With Happy endings mike just said you need to play it on repeat or something like that, so hes not really subtle about that^^

Yeah I think you´re right actually. Maybe he just doesn´t really remember the demo as you´ve said it (I think it was you XD), they have done HUNDREDES apon HUNDREDS of demos ( just on minutes to midnight they were more than 100 demos!), it would be extraordinary if they remember every demo from every era (and humanly impossible I think)

18 hours ago, jopevc said:

Yeah I think you´re right actually. Maybe he just doesn´t really remember the demo as you´ve said it (I think it was you XD), they have done HUNDREDES apon HUNDREDS of demos ( just on minutes to midnight they were more than 100 demos!), it would be extraordinary if they remember every demo from every era (and humanly impossible I think)

I think it’s almost confirmed now that the title of the song isn’t anything like Thoughts That Take Away My Pride because Mike said he doesn’t remember those lyrics. It’s something different maybe a different lyric or It’s got a title that’s not in the lyrics (ex: Faint, Figure.09) just a random title that has nothing to do with the lyrics.

Those lyrics that we’ve seen for the song may also have been an earlier version of the lyrics and not the final ones. That may also be why he doesn’t remember it.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

23 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I think it’s almost confirmed now that the title of the song isn’t anything like Thoughts That Take Away My Pride because Mike said he doesn’t remember those lyrics. It’s something different maybe a different lyric or It’s got a title that’s not in the lyrics (ex: Faint, Figure.09) just a random title that has nothing to do with the lyrics.

Those lyrics that we’ve seen for the song may also have been an earlier version of the lyrics and not the final ones. That may also be why he doesn’t remember it.

It's 100% not the title but unfortunately we can only work with what we got 😕 maybe it would be easier to press with other known demo titles. We could try asking him about Nocturnal, Shifter, or Plaster II. 

Not only will it help possibly narrow it down but we can potentially learn more about these obscure demos that we only have a titles for in the process.

3 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Found the stream where he talks about that other (more mellow) song. Time stamp is 2:06:18. He talks a little bit about the other unreleased song we know about. (Not TTTAMP)

Neat! Seems like the part we all know is the Chorus.🤔

Do you guys think the wizard song instrumental whatever that instrumental was may have been a demo for TTTAMP? The chords are pretty similar and the tempo/key is the same. Also in Mike’s Shirt LPUTV during the second part of the verse part we hear of TTTAMP there is a sound that’s a double beep and it’s the same keys as the guitar in the chorus of The Wizard Song. Basically what I’m saying is they both have some sort of connection and I think that instrumental might actually be a demo for TTTAMP. Of course only like 20% sure though.

54 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Do you guys think the wizard song instrumental whatever that instrumental was may have been a demo for TTTAMP? The chords are pretty similar and the tempo/key is the same. Also in Mike’s Shirt LPUTV during the second part of the verse part we hear of TTTAMP there is a sound that’s a double beep and it’s the same keys as the guitar in the chorus of The Wizard Song. Basically what I’m saying is they both have some sort of connection and I think that instrumental might actually be a demo for TTTAMP. Of course only like 20% sure though.

I have to listen but i wouldn't put it past the band to be practicing/working on Thoughts and then just start joking and having fun during it. 

14 minutes ago, TheVeryLastDinosaur said:

I have to listen but i wouldn't put it past the band to be practicing/working on Thoughts and then just start joking and having fun during it. 

Yeah I know they were just joking around. I’m only talking about the instrumental of the wizard song sounds similar the verse of TTTAMP.

14 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Yeah I know they were just joking around. I’m only talking about the instrumental of the wizard song sounds similar the verse of TTTAMP.

That's what I mean. I can see them practicing Thoughts then part way through they start joking around and throw the wizard song lyrics over it. Not saying it's right or wrong but I can see it happening and so your theory might have weight to it

Edited by TheVeryLastDinosaur

6 hours ago, TheVeryLastDinosaur said:

It's 100% not the title but unfortunately we can only work with what we got 😕 maybe it would be easier to press with other known demo titles. We could try asking him about Nocturnal, Shifter, or Plaster II. 

Not only will it help possibly narrow it down but we can potentially learn more about these obscure demos that we only have a titles for in the process.

A friend of mine once asked Jeff Blue if he knew anything about "Plaster II" and he said that he doesn´t remember any meteora demo with that name

6 minutes ago, jopevc said:

A friend of mine once asked Jeff Blue if he knew anything about "Plaster II" and he said that he doesn´t remember any meteora demo with that name

The band stopped working with Jeff Blue in early 2002. Their relationship was pretty damaged after Hybrid Theory. No reason to ask him about Meteora. lol

5 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Funny, it´s preatty much the same tempo! Maybe it was reused and became TTTAMP. We know that the band likes to reused some demos that weren´t that good

54 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

The band stopped working with Jeff Blue in early 2002. Their relationship was pretty damaged after Hybrid Theory. No reason to ask him about Meteora. lol

Yeah but he still wanted to try to get some information about Plaster II ( his favourite song is OSC and when he knew that suposely there is a meteora demo called Plaster II he wants to know anything about that demo XD)

It´s funny that we don´t have much information about meteora demos. More especificly demos that had vocals and didn´t ended up on the album. We know that they recorded a total of 15 songs and 12 of them maked the final cut. That leaves us with 3 songs with vocals (and maybe a few more that the band tried to put vocals on). We don´t know nothing about those demos (correct me if I´m wrong), we  don´t know titles, lyrics (maybe we have some lyrics if TTTAMP is one of those 3 demos), we don´t know if we already heard something from those demos, no facts. We don´t know nothing. And we don´t know if the titles of those meteora demos that we saw on the board from the making of (Plaster II, Nocturnal, etc...) are in fact correct. Jesus XD

It's not because he doesn't like to talk about it, his job is to keep company material inside especially if you're signed to a colossal like Warner, he gives nods here and there but when people ask actual questions he just throws them off saying "I'll check my hard rive when I'm looking for stuff" or "I don't remember" bullshitttt a person like Mike not remembering? He knows everything but he's not at liberty to say, so at the time being this is where I get off. 

I dont know, he might just be honest and does not remember. I do not even remember my own demo songs I wrote like a year ago. I think you cant blame the guy for not remembering a song written in 2002. He writes a milion songs per year, you gotta forget some of it. 

Yes and no, I don´t remember every little demo either but back around Meteora in order for the song to get vocals it had to be pretty late in the writing process. That would narrow it alot from how many demos they did for meteora to alot less songs that had vocals recorded. 

Also like i said Mike does his absolute best to keep his answers as nondiscript as possible, wich i find pretty obvious. If its so that he does not get asked to release it by fans all the time or that the lable told him to just say you don´t know about it. Mike is sure forgetfull, but so am I and if someone would ask me something about a song I have written and don´t remember I would get curious to be honest.