“Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” Instrumental is in Another LPTV

IWillWalkAway

Sorry about that guys. I didn’t know I was double and triple posting 😬 Just so I don’t double post again I’m gonna just say more here.

Ok so I think it’s interesting that this track isn’t in a minor key unlike most every song on Meteora. At least to me it’s sounds like it’s in C major. Just thought I’d say that because I think every song on Meteora is in a minor key correct me if I’m wrong.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, jopevc said:

Hi, I know I'm kinda late but I just wanted to know if there´s any updates or new informations about this demo. Or even if anyone asked Mike about this demo in one of his livestreams

Unfortunately no information has come up about the track yet. I’m still hopeful that at some point we will know more about it. I really wanna know the reason it was cut. We’re the lyrics bad? Did the producer not like it? It couldn’t be the instrumental because firstly it made it all the way to vocals, the last step in recording Meteora. And it’s also just a really cool instrumental. I think the reason why nobody has asked about it yet is because it just isn’t quite as memorable as a lot of other unreleased songs. I think it should be though because we know that about 15 tracks were recorded for Meteora. This track is definitely one of the two that didn’t make it. I’m 99% sure it will be released at SOME POINT, but for now all we can do is wait. (Also I would ask Mike about it myself during one of his streams, but I do not have Twitch)

Edited by IWillWalkAway

1 minute ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Hello! Unfortunately no information has come up about the track yet. I’m still hopeful that at some point we will know more about it. I really wanna know the reason it was cut. We’re the lyrics bad? Did the producer not like it? It couldn’t be the instrumental because firstly it made it all the way to vocals, the last step in recording Meteora. And it’s also just a really cool instrumental. I think the reason why nobody has asked about it yet is because it just isn’t quite as memorable as a lot of other unreleased songs. I think it should be though because we know that about 15 tracks were recorded for Meteora. This track is definitely one of the two that didn’t make it. I’m 99% sure it will be released at SOME POINT, but for now all we can do is wait. (Also I would ask Mike about it myself during one of his streams, but I do not have Twitch)

One of the three*, the band recorded 15 songs for the album (as you said). The album has 13 songs but Foreword doesn´t count because its a small instrumental and it has added to the album when it was pretty much done.

I also think the song will be released at some point, probably at the 20th aniversary of Meteora. But until then I would like to get some information about the song, we almost know nothing about it! We could see if anyone that follows Mike´s livestreams could ask

4 minutes ago, jopevc said:

One of the three*, the band recorded 15 songs for the album (as you said). The album has 13 songs but Foreword doesn´t count because its a small instrumental and it has added to the album when it was pretty much done.

I also think the song will be released at some point, probably at the 20th aniversary of Meteora. But until then I would like to get some information about the song, we almost know nothing about it! We could see if anyone that follows Mike´s livestreams could ask

Yes one of a few I mean. It could be 2 or 3 or 4 it could even be just that one. Around 15 were recorded. But I’m pretty certain it will be released at the 20th anniversary of Meteora like how Pictureboard was released at HT 20

Edited by IWillWalkAway

• 2 months later...

We should ask Mike what the real title of "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" is and we should also ask him if he still has that lyric sheet for the song and if he knows the rest of the lyrics from that lyric sheet.

(I don't have Twitch either)

Edited by NJPLP

5 hours ago, NJPLP said:

We should ask Mike what the real title of "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" is and we should also ask him if he still has that lyric sheet for the song and if he knows the rest of the lyrics from that lyric sheet.

(I don't have Twitch either)

Wasn´t it just Thoughts? I can´t find the lyric sheet now but i recall it was something simple

12 hours ago, NJPLP said:

I don't think Mike even know what is "Thoughts..." and is a song in the situation of Be Yourself/Pictureboard in terms of title

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2021 at 4:01 PM, Robrobbsen said:

Wasn´t it just Thoughts? I can´t find the lyric sheet now but i recall it was something simple

Someone said in a thread somewhere that there was a lyric sheet shown and the song is titled “Pride” but I’ve seen the lyric sheet and the title can’t be seen only the chorus lyrics so I think they just made that up. It is possible that it might be “Thoughts” or “Pride” (although I don’t think it is) but it’s also possible the title we may have known all along. Like it might be Shifter or something. Also apparently the Nocturnal demo was leaked a while ago but it seems like that isn’t actually Linkin Park so it could be Nocturnal. Right now “Thoughts” is the only legit studio demo/possibly even a full song from the meteora recording session at NRG that we know exists.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

Sometimes I wonder if Mike is being genuine when he says things like "I don't even know what that demo even is. I don't remember it at all." or if he just wants to find an easy way to avoid giving an actual answer lol.

We know Mike keeps his finger on the pulse of the LP fanbase, visits here, etc. He knew about PB hype. Does he really have no idea what Thoughts That Take Away My Pride is?

1 minute ago, Justin said:

Sometimes I wonder if Mike is being genuine when he says things like "I don't even know what that demo even is. I don't remember it at all." or if he just wants to find an easy way to avoid giving an actual answer lol.

We know Mike keeps his finger on the pulse of the LP fanbase, visits here, etc. He knew about PB hype. Does he really have no idea what Thoughts That Take Away My Pride is?

I think he probably does know what it is. Mike didn’t talk about Pictureboard much at all until the 20th anniversary of HT and Thoughts That Take Away My Pride isn’t really as memorable as PB. It’s kind of like the Pictureboard of Meteora except the opposite. Mike talked about Pictureboard and we never heard it until HT20. We’ve heard Thoughts That Take Away My Pride in small segments but no one in the band has ever Talked about it. I don’t think Mike has ever actually been asked about it which is why it hasn’t been talked about.

3 hours ago, Justin said:

He very likely doesn't know. It's a similar situation to how he had no idea what "Be Yourself" was because that wasn't the actual title of the song. If someone sent him a link to the live performance he would probably say "oh, that's Pictureboard." We'd need to find a way to show him the clip or the screenshot of the lyrics so he knows what "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" is. Could even be one of the working titles we already know.

7 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

He very likely doesn't know. It's a similar situation to how he had no idea what "Be Yourself" was because that wasn't the actual title of the song. If someone sent him a link to the live performance he would probably say "oh, that's Pictureboard." We'd need to find a way to show him the clip or the screenshot of the lyrics so he knows what "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" is. Could even be one of the working titles we already know.

Not only could we do that but we should also somehow find a way to show him that small snippet from "Making of Meteora"/"LPTV Episode 5: The Vocals" of when Chester sings the first part of the chorus of "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride".

Edited by NJPLP

17 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Oh yeah, by the way, that was me who put those lyrics up on Genius. I only put the lyrics I could interpret/see from the lyric sheet of the song. That's why it's not complete. We need to know if there are more lyrics to the song. Or we could ask Mike to see if he, somehow, remembers the name of the song, the lyrics, and see if he has the lyric sheet to the song.

6 hours ago, NJPLP said:

Oh yeah, by the way, that was me who put those lyrics up on Genius. I only put the lyrics I could interpret/see from the lyric sheet of the song. That's why it's not complete. We need to know if there are more lyrics to the song. Or we could ask Mike to see if he, somehow, remembers the name of the song, the lyrics, and see if he has the lyric sheet to the song.

Thanks for putting that up! I only knew the chorus part of the song now I know at least some of the verse. Also, Mike probably doesn't know right now what "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" is right now as lpliveusername said. But I'm sure if could we show him the clip he'd remember it and possibly even the title. I think it would be awesome to have this song released on Meteora20 if that happens.

On 5/6/2021 at 6:56 PM, IWillWalkAway said:

Thanks for putting that up! I only knew the chorus part of the song now I know at least some of the verse. Also, Mike probably doesn't know right now what "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" is right now as lpliveusername said. But I'm sure if could we show him the clip he'd remember it and possibly even the title. I think it would be awesome to have this song released on Meteora20 if that happens.

If there's someone who follows Mike on Twitch, can you please ask Mike something along the lines of "Do you remember the song "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" and, if so, do you know what the real name of the song is?" Also show him this clip.

Also, does anyone know the way the song plays out? Like does it go verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus? Or some other way?

Edited by NJPLP

On 5/6/2021 at 8:33 PM, NJPLP said:

If there's someone who follows Mike on Twitch, can you please ask Mike something along the lines of "Do you remember the song "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" and, if so, do you know what the real name of the song is?" Also show him this clip.

Also, does anyone know the way the song plays out? Like does it go verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus? Or some other way?

Thank you! I don't use Twitch so if someone could do that it would be great! Hopefully we can get to know a little more about the song that way.

I would be down to create a twitch account just to try asking him about this demo. But I dont know how his streams work. I dont know if he stills answers questions from fans that often. We need help from someone who watches his streams

On 5/14/2021 at 2:08 PM, IWillWalkAway said:

Thank you! I don't use Twitch so if someone could do that it would be great! Hopefully we can get to know a little more about the song that way.

Somebody did ask him about that song. He read the title and part of the lyrics and said he has no idea what it is.

Somebody could try sending that YouTube clip, but he doesn't always open links. Sometimes he does, and sometimes he'll decline and say something like "Guys I don't want to be opening links on the stream".

7 minutes ago, Justin said:

Somebody did ask him about that song. He read the title and part of the lyrics and said he has no idea what it is.

When was that?

Edited by NJPLP