Amends Listening Party

lpliveusername

22 minutes ago, Subs said:

It doesn't belong on LP live yet a one minute random jam from MS does ? Not hating on Mike at all, yes he is LP but so is chester.

If you dont think a reworked album of chester is newsworthy when its probably one of the last Chester “ new “ releases then I dont know what to tell you. I understand half of you hate GD and thats all good but this music needs to be promoted and heard. 

Im not a complete shill, I see Sean Dowden liking all of trumps tweets which tells me his intelligence level lol, but on the other hand I cant take people serious who say that Grey Daze recruited LP for a song specifically to confuse Linkin Park fans. 

it’s a matter of morals. Hahninator listed out the negative connotations attached to this project. As another example, Sean had previously tweeted about Sam being a total bitch, then did a complete 180 once this project started.
Sam, Chester’s mom, and his sister have done nothing, but toss LP, Mike, and Talinda into a hole of insults, all while Mike and co continued to honor Chester through his live shows, 320Change, and just by not bringing up his name for publicity or cashing in on him (letting him actually rest in peace). Lets also not forget that only hours after Chester’s passing, Brian Welch called Chester a coward and now he’s suddenly on this record, whom Sean recruited. 
You can like the music, I’ll even admit to enjoying the majority of this record, but if Sean is best at anything, it’s being a business man. If that means having to toss your friend’s name and his band around to promote yourself, then he’ll do it. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Broman said:

it’s a matter of morals. Hahninator listed out the negative connotations attached to this project. As another example, Sean had previously tweeted about Sam being a total bitch, then did a complete 180 once this project started.
Sam, Chester’s mom, and his sister have done nothing, but toss LP, Mike, and Talinda into a hole of insults, all while Mike and co continued to honor Chester through his live shows, 320Change, and just by not bringing up his name for publicity or cashing in on him (letting him actually rest in peace). Lets also not forget that only hours after Chester’s passing, Brian Welch called Chester a coward and now he’s suddenly on this record, whom Sean recruited. 
You can like the music, I’ll even admit to enjoying the majority of this record, but if Sean is best at anything, it’s being a business man. If that means having to toss your friend’s name and his band around to promote yourself, then he’ll do it. 

Just saying, GD hasnt thrown shade on Talinda, Mike or LP as far as im aware. I privatley messaged Sean about this and yes he could be lying but i doubt it.

I agree that Chesters family are fucking idiots, I just think GD want everyone involved. Bringing up comparisons about Mike and GD cashing in ( neither is true ) is a bit pointless to me.

Dont agree with Welch but i can totally see that coming out of anger and grief. Everyones human, people fuck up, not everything is black and white.

7 minutes ago, Hahninator said:

The cash grab is the every coloured vinyl, 100 merch items, Linkin Park material for sale and in the promo, intentionally distorting facts in the press, etc.

LP has released tons of super expensive deluxe merch I don't see what is the deal, look at Mike selling stupid ass vinyl jackets with ugly graffiti on them i don't remember the price but they were very expensive. 

46 minutes ago, Broman said:

Brian Welch called Chester a coward and now he’s suddenly on this record, whom Sean recruited. 

You missed the part where he apologized almost immediately after lashing out with those comments you are referring to. Whether you believe him or not is up to you, but things like this are why I believe some facts can easily get twisted and that goes for BOTH sides. 

Edited by rav0k

25 minutes ago, JZLP said:

LP has released tons of super expensive deluxe merch I don't see what is the deal, look at Mike selling stupid ass vinyl jackets with ugly graffiti on them i don't remember the price but they were very expensive. 

How is there any correlation between what Mike releases and sells as a solo artist versus a band that has come out of nowhere in 2017 trying to make money on a remix album by selling as many unique physical editions as possible by branding it with the man who has passed away? 7+ vinyls? All of their socials and streaming platforms using only CB images, running wild in the press saying it is a LOST ALBUM? 

1 hour ago, JZLP said:

If Mike were selling jackets that blatantly exploited Chester's image and persona, I'd agree with you. What he did instead was sell jackets and merch that made use of his own personal brand that he had never used prior, with LP or otherwise. No one is saying Grey Daze can't or shouldn't exist, nor that they can't use Chester in the marketing (he's on the album so it'd be ridiculous to do otherwise). Using images of him performing with another band that is the only reason anyone cares about this album and basing everything on the idea that "he's gone so now this is his lost music" just screams cashgrab.

1 hour ago, castro78 said:

You guys take this stuff way too seriously. The merch stuff comes across kinda gross, and I believe everything Mark is saying about Sean, but the music they’ve released has been really good IMO. Everyone just treat it the way you want to and chill out. None of this overly important at this point. 

I agree with you. The quality of the music has never been the issue. The instrumentals are good, and Chester's vocals sound good for being recorded in the 90's.

Listen to it and support GD, or don't. It's everyone's personal decision to make. Given all that happened behind the scenes with GD and the LP ambassadors, it's weird to have expected an LPL listening party, but the post was still made here with details and the link.

This album is the best release since A Thousand Suns I'm pretty fucking sure, I never thought that they would be able to create something this GOOD.

They exceeded my expectations. 

The vocal collaborations were very respectful they were there only as a backup no one took Chester's place unlike OML that disrespected the whole band and made Phoenix, Rob and Joe as a joke. 

2 hours ago, Hahninator said:

I am shocked Talinda hasn't come out and told these guys to fuck off. Honestly surprised Mike hasn't said "we aren't supporting this straight BS at all" too.

Maybe because Mike doesn't want to give them more exposure talking about them, or maybe they don't know all of these things, for example, i just found out about the thing with the lp ambassadors. You should exposed them a little bit 👀

Edited by Mau

3 minutes ago, JZLP said:

This album is the best release since A Thousand Suns I'm pretty fucking sure, I never thought that they would be able to create something this GOOD.

They exceeded my expectations. 

The vocal collaborations were very respectful they were there only as a backup no one took Chester's place unlike OML that disrespected the whole band and made Phoenix, Rob and Joe as a joke. 

Are you saying Mike and Brad disrespected the rest of LP during the making of OML? It sounds like you are, and comments like that aren't going to make people excited to go listen to GD's album. You don't need to shit on Linkin Park to emphasize how much you love Amends. 

I would like to add something from me. I was on New Zealand Listening Party. Someone asked if Talinda listened to this album. Mace said something like "We think not because it can be painful to her to listen his voice".

Edited by DragorwyinLP

Having skipped all the drama, I'll leave it at this:  I found the album enjoyable

The guys did a good job at re-inventing those old tunes. Mostly, Chester voice sounds incredible. It is nice to hear it with a more professional productions style. 

Learned about this by accident too, via the media. Actually, it was kind of a nice feel to see an article about Chester, in  the news, in 2020. 

Let the music do the talking. For me, it was a good, and that makes me happy.

i thought the album was alright. She Shines, Soul Song and Morei Sky were my favorite tracks by far. some songs like B12 and The Syndrome were a bit too overproduced for me and i wish the songs like Just Like Heroin and Shouting Out kept their very mellow and defeated atmospheres to them. like i said in the shoutbox, i think this album would've been much better if they really did work to fit the raw vocal track instead of adjusting the notes to fit the instrumentals. the pitch jumps were a bit too obnoxious for me especially in B12. regardless, it was refreshing to hear some new music involving Chester. all drama and bullshit aside, i hope these guys are able to remake some of my other Grey Daze favorites like Believe Me and Commit on another record. there's pre-production tapes out there from '96 i hope surface as well; i'd love to hear how some of the Wake Me songs in the style of No Sun Today sound. i'm beyond grateful this album came out regardless of how i think it sounds. even with all the drama surrounding it currently, you can't forget how great of a project Grey Daze was in the 90's. it's something from Chester's career i think should be highlighted more and the release of this album is helping that come true.

14 hours ago, JZLP said:

Grey Daze fucking rules man

30 minutes left to listen to this wonderful master piece, beers and my soul are ready 

I fucking love you Chester 

Sean & Mace thanks for honoring Chester no matter what haters think what you guys did will always be in my heart im so proud of you. 

Cheers 

🥂

Btw

LPL totally missed the chance to host a listening party, Mark & Astat were the perfect guys to do that 

Instead you decided to complain about every single detail, yeah Sean messed up some things he's not part of the music industry but he showed respect to Chester's legacy and desire to revive Grey Daze. 

Sean's got way more money than me, clearly thinks he knows more than me (or anybody else for that matter), and rewrites history as he sees fit. He doesn't need my help to promote an album. And considering I've deleted all but like 3 members of my own family off of Facebook and mostly cut them off from seeing my daughter for being far less ideologically insufferable than he is, I wouldn't particularly want to. There are certain people you couldn't pay me enough to associate with, and he's one of them.

My thoughts on Sean Dowdell as a person predate the promo for Amends, Chester's death, or Tattooed Millionaire, by the way. People need to get this straight: I would have zero interest in giving this man my money even if Chester was alive today and enthusiastically promoting this album alongside him. My mind was made up long ago, the drama surrounding Amends has only served to reinforce my opinion.

Edited by Astat

6 hours ago, Subs said:

It doesn't belong on LP live yet a one minute random jam from MS does ? Not hating on Mike at all, yes he is LP but so is chester.

Yeah but at the same time Mike doing something and that being mentioned here is something different from Grey Daze doing something with Chester's vocal tracks, 'cause they're not LP. I agree that old GD is something worth mentioning in LPL and Linkinpedia, 'cause that's kinda part of the evolution. Same with Xero and Tasty Snax etc. But new Grey Daze is like "hey guys check out this remix I made".

6 hours ago, martinez said:

Kind of I can understand why Mike doesn't want to talk about it.

When did he state that?

19 minutes ago, LPsMart said:

When did he state that?

He didn't. He just hasn't talked about it, so people are assuming he doesn't want to talk about it. Correct me if I'm wrong if anyone knows otherwise.

It does nothing but play the fans of both bands against each other, and it makes people who like both feel awkward.

He was directly asked and put on the spot about how LP felt about the album. He said he and the remaining members of LP talked at Talinda’s wedding and they were excited about Amends. The end. Going on to make it seem like they were being phony (“eerily silent”, “I can’t figure it out”) is just going to start drama. AGAIN.

Edited by Justin

Wow, so much drama 😮 The only thing missing in this thread....Geki! lol Can we unblock him for a couple days just to make this drama perfect? ;)

But jokes aside...I am not up to date with this drama but I am inclined to trust Hahninator and Astat on this one. Hence, won't be spending any money on this.

1 hour ago, eyesburning said:

Wow, so much drama 😮 The only thing missing in this thread....Geki! lol Can we unblock him for a couple days just to make this drama perfect? ;)

But jokes aside...I am not up to date with this drama but I am inclined to trust Hahninator and Astat on this one. Hence, won't be spending any money on this.

Forum would probably Turn into flames and dust lol joke