Amends Listening Party

lpliveusername

Today, April 10, multiple Grey Daze fans from around the world will be holding online listening parties all day for the upcoming album Amends. For time and place, visit this link:

https://greydazemusic.com/listening/

Feel free to discuss your impressions of the music in the comments.

Today would be the release of the album but it has been postponed to July 26th due to the coronavirus outbreak.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grey Daze fucking rules man

30 minutes left to listen to this wonderful master piece, beers and my soul are ready 

I fucking love you Chester 

Sean & Mace thanks for honoring Chester no matter what haters think what you guys did will always be in my heart im so proud of you. 

Cheers 

🥂

Btw

LPL totally missed the chance to host a listening party, Mark & Astat were the perfect guys to do that 

Instead you decided to complain about every single detail, yeah Sean messed up some things he's not part of the music industry but he showed respect to Chester's legacy and desire to revive Grey Daze. 

Holy fucking shit

Amends is a killer album they really created a master piece, very epic album

Extremely superior to PT, OML, THP and probably LT

im in tears 

27 minutes ago, Subs said:

Will anyone record this ? I may be out working ( Im a firefighter ) so I dont want to miss it with the UK recording. 

You  can join any listening party, i just listened the whole album in the NZ one and I'm from Mexico. 

Yeah heard the entire thing now.

Chills

The album goes on a killer run, morei sky, soul song, shouting out, amazing.

I feel really sorry for the people who arent going to listen to this because of their hatred for GD 😄

4 hours ago, JZLP said:

Btw

LPL totally missed the chance to host a listening party, Mark & Astat were the perfect guys to do that 

Instead you decided to complain about every single detail, yeah Sean messed up some things he's not part of the music industry but he showed respect to Chester's legacy and desire to revive Grey Daze. 

Maybe if the band didn’t cuss out and block LP Ambassadors like a bunch of psychos, didn’t run 1,000 merch items for a cash grab, didn’t use Linkin Park to promote the project, and didn’t use those who said Mike was profiting off of Chester’s death to promote the project, sure. They can go fuck themselves. Truly terrible people, sorry you don't see it that way. I wish you’d read some of the DMs they were sending people. 

About as blatantly disrespectful to Chester’s legacy as it gets. 

If this was all about money

They wouldn't "leak" their own album like 2 months before the actual release date. 

4 minutes ago, mrfox said:

why Grey Daze use LP ambassadors for their listening party? Is it approved by management or LP?

Holy fuck lol some of you guys believe that LP OWNS CHESTER AND HIS FANS 

They don't work for LP they are just people dude they can get involved in whatever they want. 

2 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

You fucking serious right now? They showed very, very little respect for Chester and everything seemed like a way for them to make money.

Are you serious jesus christ I cant believe there are still people like you out there.

2 minutes ago, JZLP said:

Holy fuck lol some of you guys believe that LP OWNS CHESTER AND HIS FANS 

They don't work for LP they are just people dude they can get involved in whatever they want. 

just curious if Mike is on board with this GD project or so...and it's kinda strange to me, it's like Ryan Shuck use LP ambassadors to promote Time Capsule, little bit rude i'd say...

Just now, mrfox said:

just curious if Mike is on board with this GD project or so...and it's kinda strange to me, it's like Ryan Shuck use LP ambassadors to promote Time Capsule, little bit rude i'd say...

Ryan Shuck has been friendly with MS in the past.

LP fans cant keep claiming this dominion on Chester.

Talinda, Ryan Shuck, GD, they are all on board with this.

And id rather listen to them than a certain percentage of LP fans. If anyone is still thinks this is a cash grab go listen to the album and  slap yourself in the face.

38 minutes ago, JZLP said:

Sure. The issue is the GD assholes cussing out and blocking the Ambassadors and refusing to listen to them, while hijacking the entire group to try and get them to promote this album on the backs of the exact same people affected by those in the GD promo who trashed Shinoda in the press.

27 minutes ago, Subs said:

If anyone is still thinks this is a cash grab go listen to the album and  slap yourself in the face.

The cash grab is the every coloured vinyl, 100 merch items, Linkin Park material for sale and in the promo, intentionally distorting facts in the press, etc.

After all that happened with the Amends promo and all that surrounds it, I'm sorry but I won't waste my time on it. I'm really glad if some of you enjoy it. But to hear some reworked songs with demo vocals, just for the sake of hearing Chester's voice again, we had 17 years of live recordings, I'm stuck with that. 

14 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

After all that happened with the Amends promo and all that surrounds it, I'm sorry but I won't waste my time on it. I'm really glad if some of you enjoy it. But to hear some reworked songs with demo vocals, just for the sake of hearing Chester's voice again, we had 17 years of live recordings, I'm stuck with that. 

demo vocals, where? I thought there are exactly the same vocals like on the two GD albums.

This shouldn't be in the Newswire at the first place. Not worthy. 

Anyway, JZLP and Subs can start running a new platform "Grey Daze Live" with a tagline that sounds similar to LPLive: "Hosted by FANS for FANS".

It's kinda pathetic to think how this will ends. But hey, you guys deserve to love it but LPL doesnt need those input that you guys give. 

LP Ambassador is a initiative by LP management. they've been dealing with LP management long time and now, GD used them. GD can just ask Chester's fan but they know using LP fanbase can get them big coverage = more money. 

27 minutes ago, mrfox said:

demo vocals, where? I thought there are exactly the same vocals like on the two GD albums.

22 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

I think they were alt.takes, but in any case, it's a grab cash, at least for me. 

So when they were recording the album of course there are different vocal takes for the songs. I believe what happened was, if I can get the story straight from the interviews they've given, someone found all the master tapes in their attic of all the multitracks. I forgot who it was, someone here knows I'm sure. Anyway so Sean says they mixed in some of the alternate takes/demo vocal takes for some of these songs. It all started with them building the songs from the vocals FIRST, so they'd edit the hell out of the vocal tracks to make them, then add music later.

Now I don't know if Sean said that to just bullshit people and sell more albums, but I am inclined to believe him on that topic at least. Some of you tech savvy people can tell us if you hear differences in the vocals of some of the songs or not.

10 minutes ago, Stranger said:

This shouldn't be in the Newswire at the first place. Not worthy. 

Anyway, JZLP and Subs can start running a new platform "Grey Daze Live" with a tagline that sounds similar to LPLive: "Hosted by FANS for FANS".

It's kinda pathetic to think how this will ends. But hey, you guys deserve to love it but LPL doesnt need those input that you guys give. 

LP Ambassador is a initiative by LP management. they've been dealing with LP management long time and now, GD used them. GD can just ask Chester's fan but they know using LP fanbase can get them big coverage = more money. 

Well, despite how strongly I don't want it to be in the Newswire, I can't stiff-arm the rest of the staff into not posting about updates on a project that features an LP member, no matter what my personal feelings are on it. We agreed absolutely no social media for this because of a wide variety of reasons (some of which include we will not be promoting anyone who trashes Mike in the press) but I think it's a bit excessive if I try to stiffly demand/rule that the project can't be talked about at all on the forums. We talk about all sorts of stuff here, no matter how people feel about it. Like for example, we have the thread on Mace printing fake Grey Daze CDs at his home, selling them signed on eBay for thousands of dollars, and arguing with LP fans saying they were authentic. No matter how negatively we feel about it personally we have to draw the line and say "this is an LP fansite, it's applicable to at least some of the fans so we need to allow it here." Just because JZLP and Subs disagree with us on it doesn't mean they are bad people by any means. They have some fair points at times, like when we'd post GD for years and unveil studio sessions, demos, live shows, etc. But that was before things turned for the worst with Sean turning into a true dick.

I noticed you saw that Grey Daze used the "for the fans by the fans" LPLive tag on their album listening party, ha.

Yes, agreed about the LP Ambassadors. They ripped the entire group to a new group (without asking anyone to join, they just added everyone to a group - half of them were added by just asking fans to sign up for email updates from Grey Daze and then they randomly demanded these fans promote their album as "Grey Daze Ambassadors") and said promote this stuff. Then blocked fans after cussing at them on social media if they voiced even the slightest concern. They are psychos. I made a private Facebook post about the band on my Facebook page, somehow someone sent it to Sean so he tracked me down and emailed me, private messaged me, and tried to add me. So I sent the label a 10+ paragraph email about how the entire project is a disaster, how the band is going off the rails with social media and using their band platform to try and disparage Linkin Park fans with inappropriate language, how any efforts by the label to promote the album were being wasted because of the actions of the band, how insanely inappropriate it is for them to use Linkin Park Underground material to promote the album and sell Linkin Park images in multiple stores, how much of a cash grab it looks when they sell 8-10 vinyl versions of the album after coming out of nowhere, how the band is straight up lying and acting like absolute morons in the press publicly and even going along with/insinuating Chester was not happy in Linkin Park aka changing the LP band narrative, and how they are using the exact people to promote the album who:

1) said Mike Shinoda is profiting off of Chester's death by playing "In the End" live

2) destroy Talinda 24/7/365 with lies all across social media

3) destroy Linkin Park, their band's management, and record label, saying the Hollywood Bowl show was an extremely disrespectful show to Chester

4) lie by saying Chester was not allowed to use social media at all unless the record label approved each tweet

5) lie by saying Chester and Mike were not friends at all

6) lie by saying Chester was bullied by Mike the entire duration of Linkin Park's career and he had no voice of his own in the band

Like it or not, these people are the face of the promotion for the album and that is a 100% fact and it taints the entire project and paints it in a TERRIBLE light. 

They didn't even have the audacity to reply to the email at all. Nothing. No response.

I am shocked Talinda hasn't come out and told these guys to fuck off. Honestly surprised Mike hasn't said "we aren't supporting this straight BS at all" too.

It doesn't belong on LP live yet a one minute random jam from MS does ? Not hating on Mike at all, yes he is LP but so is chester.

If you dont think a reworked album of chester is newsworthy when its probably one of the last Chester “ new “ releases then I dont know what to tell you. I understand half of you hate GD and thats all good but this music needs to be promoted and heard. 

Im not a complete shill, I see Sean Dowden liking all of trumps tweets which tells me his intelligence level lol, but on the other hand I cant take people serious who say that Grey Daze recruited LP for a song specifically to confuse Linkin Park fans. 

He also did not say Chester wasnt happy in LP, this was clarified on twitter.

2 minutes ago, Subs said:

It doesn't belong on LP live yet a one minute random jam from MS does ? Not hating on Mike at all, yes he is LP but so is chester.

If you dont think a reworked album of chester is newsworthy when its probably one of the last Chester “ new “ releases then I dont know what to tell you. I understand half of you hate GD and thats all good but this music needs to be promoted and heard. 

Im not a complete shill, I see Sean Dowden liking all of trumps tweets which tells me his intelligence level lol, but on the other hand I cant take people serious who say that Grey Daze recruited LP for a song specifically to confuse Linkin Park fans. 

All very solid points. Yeah, we will promote anything Mike does because he hasn't done anything to disrespect fans on a large scale basis. But yes, you're right.

IMO I would assume we will get much more of Chester's stuff in the future that we've never heard before. Whether it's LP, Dead By Sunrise, collabs with people like Slash, etc. While these vocals have been heard for the most part, I think all of the vaults are too deep for us to not get a lot of stuff in the years to come.

edit: Yes, Sean clarified that. But Chester's family (everyone except Talinda's side) still runs with that narrative 100% and that is who GD intentionally chose to film to promote their album. Doesn't sit right with me.

You guys take this stuff way too seriously. The merch stuff comes across kinda gross, and I believe everything Mark is saying about Sean, but the music they’ve released has been really good IMO. Everyone just treat it the way you want to and chill out. None of this overly important at this point.