Grey Daze - "What's In The Eye" Release

hahninator

Grey Daze has posted on social media that they will be releasing 'What's In The Eye' from their still-untitled album that is being released April this year.

Over the past two and a half years~, the band has reworked their songs with Chester, taking his original acapellas of the songs from the 1990s and forming new instrumentals, with guests.

Check out the teaser here.

Update (01/16): 'Sickness' will be released as the first official single from the album on February 5th. The first track, 'What's In The Eye', is out now and a CD single is available for pre-order on the band's official website here. Listen to the song below:

During the premiere of the video, Sean took the time to answer a few questions from fans in the YouTube chat. Here's a summary:

• Grey Daze have no plans to release Wake Me and No Sun Today on digital stores or streaming services at the moment. They want to focus on releasing the new album.
  • All of Chester's vocals on the album were recorded in the 90s but for some songs they used alternate takes no one has ever heard.
  • What's In The Eye physical single will be available for pre-order tonight. Fans who pre-order it will receive a "surprise."
  • Head and Munky from Korn are in the album.
  • He can't confirm if the album will be called Amends.
  • They have no intention of doing Grey Daze without Chester, so they aren't getting a new vocalist and no shows are planned. If they ever do a show, it will be just as a tribute to Chester.
  • Chester was 20-21 when his vocals on this song were recorded, not 17.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, SerioDrew said:

Actually today Lpliveusername wrote in LinkinPedia that the album will be called "Amends." :)

He wrote: "The song was released as the first single of the remix project Amends on January 17, 2020."
I cant find another source though :)

While this radio station say that the first official single will be ''Sickness'' which will be out february 5th. 

EDIT: And the title ''Amends'' was in that revolvermag article but it now seems to have changed to TBA, couldve been a mistake or just removed because they did not want to release the title yet obviously.

Edited by Spooky

I hate that people are saying that this a remix album 

This project is very similar to Reanimation

It's a reinterpretation of Grey Daze songs. 

All of us should feel proud that the GD Members and guests gave their heart in order for this to be possible this is not a cash grab they don't need fucking money, Sean doesn't want to make a career as a musician he's fucking rich he's just giving the respect that his brother Chester deserves. 

Reanimation is definitely a remix album in the commonly assumed sense, Mike meant that it isn't just a typical remix album. That note never said it wasn't a remix album. This song isn't the same as Reanimation, but it's still a remix, they literally mixed the song again.

Edit: I don't see the CD on their store, really hope I didn't miss it

Edited by jFar920

7 hours ago, JZLP said:

I hate that people are saying that this a remix album 

This project is very similar to Reanimation

It's a reinterpretation of Grey Daze songs. 

All of us should feel proud that the GD Members and guests gave their heart in order for this to be possible this is not a cash grab they don't need fucking money, Sean doesn't want to make a career as a musician he's fucking rich he's just giving the respect that his brother Chester deserves. 

I kinda see the resemblance with reanimation the band worked on remixing/remaking the songs to make something good instead of just give the multitracks to some random producer to do whatever he wants, that why pretty much all the remix albums are trash, there is no involved of the band or singer in the creation of the songs.

And yes the vocals sound a little low but the rest of the mixing is good. i have to admit that i'm not a big fan of this but it sound really good

2 hours ago, Hahninator said:

Why is the quality so bad? The production sound of it. Am I the only one that notices that? The vocals sound incredibly tinny and mixed low, the mix overall is pretty weak. What’s going on here?

I wasn't expecting much and I'm quite underwhelmed...also, is it slower than the original?

On 1/16/2020 at 2:20 PM, JZLP said:

Seems like I'm the only fan of this project 

I love this new version, the production might not be great but it has the vibe of the 90s.

The drums sound weird like programmed drums but the song has a lot of emotion

Huge fan of Grey Daze so anything new by them it's gold to me

Where's Lestat? 

JZLP, you were always a huge fan of Grey Daze though, maybe the biggest on the site next to Lestat. So for you, this project is probably very awesome. Like, I’ve always been a huge fan of the original DBS stuff and if they did something like this with the original DBS demos, I would probably love it. So I feel you.

Edited by Garret

Not a fan of the production on this. I'm no audiophile but it didn't sound good to me. The vocals sound buried under the loud instrumentals. 

Overall, idk how to feel about this album. I think I would've rather had a proper remaster/rerelease of the original material if they wanted to share Chester's origins before joining LP. Maybe i'm just biased. Not a fan of SD and this whole thing feels off to me. Wish we could get something DBS related instead. The Julien-k guys are awesome people.

23 hours ago, Hybrid1988 said:

Not a fan of the production on this. I'm no audiophile but it didn't sound good to me. The vocals sound buried under the loud instrumentals. 

Overall, idk how to feel about this album. I think I would've rather had a proper remaster/rerelease of the original material if they wanted to share Chester's origins before joining LP. Maybe i'm just biased. Not a fan of SD and this whole thing feels off to me. Wish we could get something DBS related instead. The Julien-k guys are awesome people.

Agreed