Grey Daze - "What's In The Eye" Release

hahninator

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, sordomuda said:

I only remember that Mike once has said they are not looking for a new vocalist to replace him but i think he meant at that moment not in general. 

I want LP to continue as a 5 piece only without replacing Chester at all. But that’s just me. At least Sean won’t replace him in Grey Daze.

7 hours ago, Garret said:

I love that Sean said they aren’t replacing Chester. Wish LP had the brass balls to say it like he did. Sean is a true friend.

eh, that’s just lip service and marketing. It’s not like they were ever going to recruit a vocalist, make new material, and tour under the Grey Daze name. Nobody outside of the more dedicated side of the LP fan base really knows or cares who they are. 

LP on the other hand are one of the biggest bands in the world and every thing they say or seemingly imply is scrutinized by every rock outlet on the planet. Even if they don’t ever plan on replacing Chester (and I’m a firm believer that they won’t) they can’t just go and outright say it until they are ready to make an announcement. Why? Because if they ever decide to have guest vocals or hell, even change their mind, they’ll be trashed for being liars. They’re smarter than that. 

Long reply but at the end of the day, I agree with you, they should just continue on with Mike on vocal duties. As long as Mike and Brad are on board, a huge part of the LP songwriting DNA is present and with Chester gone, that’s the best we can hope for. 

5 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

Just because something is a tribute doesn't make it good. People are allowed to voice their negativity if they want.

Agreed. And basically all the comments in this thread are just saying that the quality isn't that good, like bad mixing or whatever, I haven't seen any personal attacks at Sean or Mace or whatever in this thread. The shoutbox yeah but even then it's just my opinion or other people's opinions, nobody is stopping this release from coming out by voicing their opinion, if people love this and  want to listen to it, they can do that too. Look at how much negativity surrounded some LP albums in the past, way worse than this. The reality is that all these songs existed as far back as the 90's and even though they re-recorded music or added guests, it comes down to whether you like Grey Daze or not, not all LP fans are going to love Grey Daze.

Edited by Garret

Wasn’t a fan of the original track (and really Grey Daze tbh), but I have to admit that it sounds A LOT better than this updated version. Not trying to bash anyone, but for a project that has been in the works for 2-3 years, I expected something better sounding, especially considering the resources they had at their disposal

These comments are far way less negative than the OML album thread which i happened to read few days ago. People were literally posting shit gifs so.... 

and Here so far nobody has said the song is the pits. Everybody is just complaining that something is off with the production with this particular song. We cant say nothing more now because the full album hasnt been released yet. 
Also I like GD so i really want to hear the new remastered versions. Whats in the eye was never my fave because i find it to be too repetetive. 

Edited by sordomuda

On 1/19/2020 at 3:20 AM, sordomuda said:

These comments are far way less negative than the OML album thread which i happened to read few days ago. People were literally posting shit gifs so.... 

and Here so far nobody has said the song is the pits. Everybody is just complaining that something is off with the production with this particular song. We cant say nothing more now because the full album hasnt been released yet. 
Also I like GD so i really want to hear the new remastered versions. Whats in the eye was never my fave because i find it to be too repetetive. 

Oh yeah we will likely never reach the level of the OML backlash again lol. That was wild. People HATED that album.

6 hours ago, Hahninator said:

Oh yeah we will likely never reach the level of the OML backlash again lol. That was wild. People HATED that album.

That album was pure trash besides NCSM. Horrible album. The band didn't even write the songs LOL they had some shitty 13 year old pop song writers come in and write the songs. The sound was something I would expect to hear in like High School Musical or Barney or something like that. Definitely wasn't LINKIN PARK at all, don't give a rat's ass what anyone says, it wasn't Linkin Park at all. Didn't suit them at all. They gave up, they started having people write their music. THP was their last album, the throwback to the rock and metal sound, and ALITS was the closing track, the lyrics fit perfectly, they experiemented a shit ton on MTM, ATS and LT and THP was their return to their original influences to close out their career. Just how it is. You're wrong if you disagree. At least Chester wanted to leave us with a great track at the end too, Cross Off, that shit is a monster. Mike should be jealous.

2 hours ago, Garret said:

That album was pure trash besides NCSM. Horrible album. The band didn't even write the songs LOL they had some shitty 13 year old pop song writers come in and write the songs. The sound was something I would expect to hear in like High School Musical or Barney or something like that. Definitely wasn't LINKIN PARK at all, don't give a rat's ass what anyone says, it wasn't Linkin Park at all. Didn't suit them at all. They gave up, they started having people write their music. THP was their last album, the throwback to the rock and metal sound, and ALITS was the closing track, the lyrics fit perfectly, they experiemented a shit ton on MTM, ATS and LT and THP was their return to their original influences to close out their career. Just how it is. You're wrong if you disagree. At least Chester wanted to leave us with a great track at the end too, Cross Off, that shit is a monster. Mike should be jealous.

What relevancy does that have here? Just because OML hate was brought up doesn't mean it's rant time. Why can't this just stay in the shoutbox?

11 hours ago, Hahninator said:

you didnt like 100% of the album but I liked  that your posts stayed classy and you have points out valid things that didnt work out. 
ok now lets get back to GD. 

9 hours ago, jFar920 said:

What relevancy does that have here? Just because OML hate was brought up doesn't mean it's rant time. Why can't this just stay in the shoutbox?

I’m quitting the site for good.

Edited by Garret

As someone who really likes "No Sun Today" and the raw emotion of Chesters vocals on that record I'm a bit torn. The chorus got improved quite a lot but certain instrumental additions don't work that well or rather are implemented "sloppily" (for the lack of a better word). The original album felt much more organic to me and I'm mildly afraid of them overdoing it with the remade versions (in the same way as with "Dead by Sunrise"). But these are rather minor complaints as I am still looking forward to the whole thing. I feel like "No Sun Today" could've been a pretty big album back in the day with a bit more luck on their side. It includes so many memorable and great performances and songs, it's ridiculous.

I'm just happy that this project exists and I feel like it is a really fitting tribute.

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, SFNL14 said:

I just got my CD. There is a sticker that says it includes a $3-off coupon, but I can't find it. Anyone know anything?

Damn took that long? Had mine for like a month or more, but then again I’m from the U.S. Anyways, seems like there is actually no promo code and nothing else has ever been said on it. So I guess we just don’t get 3 dollars off like it said. Haha. Promotion is a joke for this remix album and always has been.