OML Unreleased Song "What Are You Worth"

So there is a guy in Soundcloud that claims to have the song. I suppose he is selling it or something, there is a snippet. "What Are You Worth" is a confirmed title of an OML demo and its probably this song. I'm just saying people should look into this, however for some reason the quality isn't great. The same person also claims to have MTM and ATS instrumentals. Someone started already this topic in Reddit so i thought I should let people here know this thing exists.

Edited by SerioDrew

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I don't remember any "official" source with the name "What Are You Worth" as an LP song / demo. It was one of the names which was found in BMI database under Linkin Park name, along with "Ricochet", but we know that BMI isn't a reliable source since some mistakes that occured before.

http://repertoire.bmi.com/DetailView.aspx?detail=titleid&keyid=21240260&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True

Sounds fake. But who knows. I always thought it was weird how that Good Goodbye demo mysteriously leaked online and nobody ever talked about it again. And we have found demos and stuff online like She Couldn't, Rapology tracks, etc.

I love how everyone says BMI isn't reliable because they made one mistake once. Not really their mistake really, the guy wanted to give his composition to the band and decided to register it under their name. Not their fault. I can assure you that every other title listed under Linkin Park on BMI is 100% real, including "What Are You Worth" and "Ricochet".

Sorry if I was rude or just with a vague idea of how BMI works. I just remember how LPU demos started to show in their DB before the release of the CD itself and how it stopped to do it so (yeah, apples and oranges here, but just give some example, besides the "I'm Not the One" thing and some little title mistakes).

I'm glad to see both titles are real and hope to hear it someday, somehow :D

What's interesting is that this song appeared on BMI in like mid 2016. Way before OML came out in May of 2017. Weird they finished up a song then and decided to publish it. After hearing the full song, I'm still not sure. Really doesn't sound like Mike to me but rather someone trying to imitate him the best they can. The instrumental is also something that could be made easily.

Edited by GarretLP

For this to be fake, it would require the person creating it to:

-Sound EXACTLY like Mike (if you don't think this sounds like him I'm convinced you've never heard him sing, like, ever)
-Remember that this was a song title that was pretty much only ever talked about on LPL, for what seemed like 5 minutes, nearly 3 years ago (also after the recent LPL redesign none of the old links work, so good luck even FINDING that information in the first place unless you know exactly where to look)

-Have both the skill to create music on par with the production values of One More Light, and access to the equipment necessary to create it (meaning it would have to be some professional-level musician/producer with a significant amount of money, booking time in a real studio...to make a fake Linkin Park track?)

It's real and the idea that there's even a 0.1% chance that it isn't is asinine.

I'm also wondering if Mike recycled the chord progression from this song when he came up with Heavy.

Edited by Astat

@Nisshin, who confirmed it to be legitimate? I've never doubted it but it's always cool to be sure.

One more thing - I think that a demo of the song was created at the same time as Welcome, which is at the beginning of 2015. Mike mentioned "Last Straw" in making of Welcome LPTV so I think "What Are You Worth" can be more advanced version of "Last Straw".  

Edited by blackout

2 minutes ago, martinez said:

The background vocals sounds like there was also someone else besides Mike.

I think that's not Chester but simply Mike's higher vocals. Mike proved that he can sound a little bit similar to Chester, like in "Waiting for Tomorrow" or "Over Again" backing vocals. The background vocals sounds a lot like Mike, in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, blackout said:

I think that's not Chester but simply Mike's higher vocals. Mike proved that he can sound a little bit similar to Chester, like in "Waiting for Tomorrow" or "Over Again" backing vocals. The background vocals sounds a lot like Mike, in my opinion.

Guess what, I didn't even think about Chester vocals, because I clearly can hear them. I was think about vocals by somebody else, maybe Brian Howes?

6 hours ago, Astat said:

For this to be fake, it would require the person creating it to:

-Sound EXACTLY like Mike (if you don't think this sounds like him I'm convinced you've never heard him sing, like, ever)
-Remember that this was a song title that was pretty much only ever talked about on LPL, for what seemed like 5 minutes, nearly 3 years ago (also after the recent LPL redesign none of the old links work, so good luck even FINDING that information in the first place unless you know exactly where to look)

-Have both the skill to create music on par with the production values of One More Light, and access to the equipment necessary to create it (meaning it would have to be some professional-level musician/producer with a significant amount of money, booking time in a real studio...to make a fake Linkin Park track?)

It's real and the idea that there's even a 0.1% chance that it isn't is asinine.

I'm also wondering if Mike recycled the chord progression from this song when he came up with Heavy.

I was waiting for confirmation that it was real, which there is now, apparently. The quality is also piss poor. It was hard  to even really listen to it properly.

Edited by GarretLP

I really dont get why people started doubting its really our boys. Its very rare that we get a "fake" leak anyways. Plus there is no really no reason to believe its fake, everything sounds like em.

Happy that facts got gathered fast to prove its real for those who doubt it. Maybe we get a post from the band about it too, they do it sometimes with leaks/discoveries, who knows.

1 hour ago, SerioDrew said:

I really dont get why people started doubting its really our boys. Its very rare that we get a "fake" leak anyways. Plus there is no really no reason to believe its fake, everything sounds like em.

Happy that facts got gathered fast to prove its real for those who doubt it. Maybe we get a post from the band about it too, they do it sometimes with leaks/discoveries, who knows.

Doubt we hear anything from LP. Must be quite disappointing, if you are the band, to have a track with CB on it leak like this when there is only a limited amount of recordings with him on them remaining.

Don't post links to the song here, or elsewhere... they are taking down links everywhere. Feel free to discuss it, if you want.

20 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Doubt we hear anything from LP. Must be quite disappointing, if you are the band, to have a track with CB on it leak like this when there is only a limited amount of recordings with him on them remaining.

Don't post links to the song here, or elsewhere... they are taking down links everywhere. Feel free to discuss it, if you want.

Chester isn't singing at the forefront here and trust me, there are TONS of demos with Chester on it in the vaults from 1999-2017, and that's just with LP. I want to celebrate my hero as much as I can anyways and listening to stuff with him like this makes me feel happy for a moment when I listen to it. I never want Chester's memory to ever fade. I hope they release so much stuff in the future with Chester.

5 hours ago, Hybrid said:

How the hell this kind of stuff get leaked? I'm pretty sure this is not from a promo CD or something like that.

I was also thinking about it. Is a posthumous Chester's album in preparation? Or is it just a leak from someone that is close to the band? That's interesting because I've never seen such a leak before. All the leaks that came out of nowhere were tracks from some kind of promo CDs (like She Couldn't or Xero Rapology tracks) but the origin of this leak is mysterious for me - it was totally unexpected and odd. 

Yeah, I also have problem with that. I think it can be the same thing like with Mike's vocals on OML song. Mike's vocals are totally hidden there by instrumental and other vocal parts. You can hear the vocals more clearly by that (with Mike's vocals), but you can't say that there are also vocals by him, until you hear the multitracks.

Edited by martinez