Skipees

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, PeppePark said:

Are the other tracks from Hybrid Theory at higher quality than the previous leaked instrumentals?

Looking at the frequency spectrum it looks like a true lossless upgrade as far as I can tell. It's still weird that this one lacks the proper OSC instrumental.

I was wondering: Can people generate an almost perfect acapella with the lossless instrumentals?

9 minutes ago, eyesburning said:

Looking at the frequency spectrum it looks like a true lossless upgrade as far as I can tell. It's still weird that this one lacks the proper OSC instrumental.

I know pretty nice trick, how you can turn a spectrum of a mp3 192kbps track to look like lossless, but I'm not gonna tell any details

I was wondering: Can people generate an almost perfect acapella with the lossless instrumentals? 

I already did a few acapellas from the compressed versions. I also tried to do lossless but I don't think it is possible, there is something weird with all those flac files.

Edited by martinez

7 minutes ago, martinez said:

I know pretty nice trick, how you can turn a spectrum of a mp3 192kbps track to look like lossless, but I'm not gonna tell any details

I already did a few acapellas from the compressed versions. I also tried to do lossless but I don't think it is possible, there is something weird with all those flac files.

Is there a way of verifying the true bitrate then?

What's wrong with the flac files?

16 minutes ago, martinez said:

So, analyzing the spectruns from leaked HT, PT e Reanimation Instrumentals, can you tell us at least if are FLAC legit?

They are probably lossless, I don't know if there is any other way to check it. I mentioned about the trick, to point that there is a way to cheat the spectrum of the file, but I don't think anyone from LP community know how to do it.

And how we know that Pts.Of.Athrty instrumental is real and not done from the multitracks? There are bg vocals, some instrumental parts are missing, it actually sounds more like a demo than the official instrumental.

18 minutes ago, martinez said:

And how we know that Pts.Of.Athrty instrumental is real and not done from the multitracks? There are bg vocals, some instrumental parts are missing, it actually sounds more like a demo than the official instrumental.

There's multitracks for Pts out there?

27 minutes ago, eyesburning said:

instrumantals a

There's multitracks for Pts out there?

Don't know, don't follow them, but maybe someone has them and instead leak them, he did and leak instrumental?

7 minutes ago, PeppePark said:

Is it normal that I hear Mike's voice on Running From My Shadow's instrumental? :lol:

It's very low, at 1:45.

Yeah, it's not only in that moment but I can hear it also in few other moments in that song also I can hear vocals in other instrumentals. They are really quiet, but I can still hear them and that's kind of weird. Also the weird thing is that if you compare PT instrumentals with the album version, instrumentals are louder.

Edited by martinez

I read on reddit that some songs are missing, it's true?   forget it I know now haha. Well, if at the end the missing songs can leak I think I will add to my personal library the dvd versions you know what I mean, in the waiting for those missing songs.

Edited by andros

Why do all of these instrumental albums sound like shit compared to LT and THP instrumentals which were officially released by LP? HT, Meteora, MTM, ATS, OML, they all sound like someone put them altogether with multi-tracks and some have flaws. Some are also very low volume compared to other tracks on the same album. Why does on The Requiem when the first vocal part is supposed to kick in, sounds super rough? Sounds like an edit job.

34 minutes ago, GarretLP said:

Why do all of these instrumental albums sound like shit compared to LT and THP instrumentals which were officially released by LP? HT, Meteora, MTM, ATS, OML, they all sound like someone put them altogether with multi-tracks and some have flaws. Some are also very low volume compared to other tracks on the same album. Why does on The Requiem when the first vocal part is supposed to kick in, sounds super rough? Sounds like an edit job.

well LT and THP is as you mentioned, released officially and mastered by LP, while others are not. in terms of quality,  Meteora is indeed the worst, glitches here and there, but at least there's something rather than nothing.. might be that these instrumentals,much like reanimation, is from internal promo CD which the mastering/editing is not yet finalized, hence the flaws..

3 minutes ago, jeff10012003 said:

well LT and THP is as you mentioned, released officially and mastered by LP, while others are not. in terms of quality,  Meteora is indeed the worst, glitches here and there, but at least there's something rather than nothing.. might be that these instrumentals,much like reanimation, is from internal promo CD which the mastering/editing is not yet finalized, hence the flaws..

Thanks for clearing it up. Makes sense. Valentine’s instrumental is such low guitar.

56 minutes ago, jeff10012003 said:

I think that the way this works since LT, everytime they make a new album the masterer gets at least two versions of the album that he needs to do mastering, usually album version + instrumental version, which they later use in for example LPTV etc.

Also both of you guys need to visit "mistakes in the official material" topic, there are mentioned all mistakes and glitches that are in both THP and LT instrumentals + acapellas releases.

The vocal heard on Running From My Shadow is clearly a headphone/studio monitor mix bleeding into a microphone on something, probably one of the guitar tracks.

I don't doubt the authenticity of the Pts.Of.Athrty instrumental, I'm sure that's how it appears on the promo disc and there's really no way to create that version of it from the 5.1 tracks or anything else that's out there. I just don't understand WHY that's the way it sounds. It sounds like a version that's only like 3/4ths finished or something.

Edited by Astat

13 hours ago, martinez said:

I think that the way this works since LT, everytime they make a new album the masterer gets at least two versions of the album that he needs to do mastering, usually album version + instrumental version, which they later use in for example LPTV etc.

Also both of you guys need to visit "mistakes in the official material" topic, there are mentioned all mistakes and glitches that are in both THP and LT instrumentals + acapellas releases.

I think the real starting point is when they started Mastered For Itunes/24-bit version project , not LT.. 

Easy sample is the SOTD instrumental, we actually got the new version, not the old one.. 

Just checked the topic, quite interesting regarding COG.. It made me listen carefully to the track again, and noticed the glitches happened during the section transition.. 

4 hours ago, Astat said:

The vocal heard on Running From My Shadow is clearly a headphone/studio monitor mix bleeding into a microphone on something, probably one of the guitar tracks.

I don't doubt the authenticity of the Pts.Of.Athrty instrumental, I'm sure that's how it appears on the promo disc and there's really no way to create that version of it from the 5.1 tracks or anything else that's out there. I just don't understand WHY that's the way it sounds. It sounds like a version that's only like 3/4ths finished or something.

That's what I thought (about the bleeding)! Yea, Pts is indeed weird but couldn't have been done from any available multitracks (unless someone has them and weren't leaked yet - unlikely though?).

Astat, can you confirm which version of OSC was leaked in lossless recently? Is this the real instrumental this time? 

6 hours ago, jeff10012003 said:

I think the real starting point is when they started Mastered For Itunes/24-bit version project , not LT.. 

Easy sample is the SOTD instrumental, we actually got the new version, not the old one..

LT explanation:

Spoiler

From the beginning when the LIVING THINGS appeared on iTunes as a pre-order till the release date, it was already in Mastered for iTunes version, the same goes to BID single. The files just didn't have the MFi label on it. The label was later added to them. I even was posting on the forum that I did compare the files with the label and the one without and they were exactly the same. I think that the MFi label wasn't used already when Apple started to do the MFi thing, they came up with adding the MFi label to m4a files in the later time. For example the old releases of albums from "iTunes Festival" series are in the MFi version (1, 2 - it was pointed in the notes) but the m4a files don't have the MFi label.

Not all of LP albums appeared on iTunes as a "Mastered for iTunes" version at the same time. I think that the re-mastering of the Linkin Park older albums was done in the very early 2012. On May 29, 2012 first 3 albums Meteora, MTM and ATS firstly were released as 24-bit versions in various stores (the same 24-bit versions, which was later used to create the m4a MFi version on iTunes) + on the May 29 HT appeared on iTunes at MFi version. The MTM 24-bit (with new version of SOTD) was firstly available only on HDtracks.

About new SOTD version - like I said some time ago on the shoutbox, based on that Neal Avron is credited in the newest releases that contains new versions of SOTD, NRL and also that in the "making of Shadow Of The Day" video there is a new version of the song SOTD there (instrumental), we can assume that Neal mixed those new versions in 2007 and that maybe something was happening in 2007 which caused in that these new versions are now in the official releases. Maybe Neal is a key in this case and we should ask him.

Edited by martinez