"Looking for an Answer" (Brand New Song)

Stranger

Out of curiosity, was the existence of this song (or a new song in general) one of the things you were saying you knew before the show but couldn't say? Lol after the initial emotion began to subside after hearing the song, I started to wonder if this is one of the things you were referring to.

Yep. I didn't necessarily know it was a new song and it did kind of take me by surprise - there was an unknown piano ballad that was reported during the rehearsal and in the moment I had figured it was 'Rest.' At the very most I expected it to just be an older song the source didn't recognize but it was legitimately a brand new song!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's also the fifth song to be performed before being officially released, the others being 'QWERTY, 'Wastelands,' 'Talking To Myself,' and 'One More Light.' I think that's correct, at least. :P

A lot of songs from Hybrid Theory and Meteora were performed before being released. Also Given Up and No More Sorrow from Minutes To Midnight.

Yep. I didn't necessarily know it was a new song and it did kind of take me by surprise - there was an unknown piano ballad that was reported during the rehearsal and in the moment I had figured it was 'Rest.' At the very most I expected it to just be an older song the source didn't recognize but it was legitimately a brand new song!

The piano ballad was performed with a woman, it was Rest.

I hate to be that type of guy but the lyric "Or something I should not of done?" should be "Or something I should not have done"

Good catch :D

Excited to see how this song will be developing.

I just realised that we got 2 live debuts this show. Looking For An Answer and Roads Untraveled (slighty different version, but it still counts)

I showed this song to my best friend, She said it was Incredible and Heartbreaking... She was actually going to go with me on August 17th to see LP before the unfortunate events on July 20th... God, this song describes exactly how I feel, I had it in my head at work all day... It's so good!

Bawled my eyes out at this. The melody is hauntingly beautiful and the lyrics are too relate-able. What got me the most though was being able to picture Mike in his home studio pouring his soul into this, trying to find comfort in any way possible, trying to stop that pain if only momentarily. I cant imagine what this must have been like for him.

Is there sunshine where you are?...... gets me every time. That line caught me completely off guard.

That line and "they say it's gonna be alright but can't begin to tell me how" both hit me really hard.

"There were some fans that we met outside last night. We were rehearsing really late and they were here the whole time. It was like most of the day and into the night and we went out there and they gave me hugs and they gave me reassurance and they told us that it’s gonna be ok. And it’s not one emotion that we’re feeling, I have to imagine you guys are feeling the same, it’s a roller coaster of everything, one after the other, and you can’t predict when it’s gonna go left on you. And the thing that helps us get through it is each other and I’m very grateful for that, so thank you.

I was at, I was at like a, we were doing like a photo thing when I found out about Chester and the first, for hours, I was just in disbelief, it didn’t, I wouldn’t believe anybody, what anybody had to say about anything. And fast forward, you know, you go through a whole rollercoaster of things and eventually I realized that one of the things that always helps me get through something is actually not only listening to music, but actually playing music. And I sat down, I don’t think at the time when I did this, I don’t think I had even had the courage to like listen to our music yet. Like, I hadn’t even listened to one of our songs yet. But I sat down, in my studio and I wrote something. It was about eight days after and I want to share it with you guys tonight, if that’s ok? I don’t know what’s gonna happen with this song, it could just be this, you know, for tonight and whatever, whoever else is watching, the internet and the rest of the world who might be watching. But if we do continue, I want to continue to build on this song and keep writing it and keep working on it. And it’ll be a really unique time for you guys, for us to be able to share with you guys a glimpse into how a song gets made. So this is literally the first piece, and then after this, you know, on our Instagram and Twitter and everything else, we’ll show you guys how it goes, assuming it goes. This song is called Looking for an Answer."

Thats a poster, which you can get at lp.com store.

Thanks! Ordered it :D

Love the artwork and can be use for the song. I also do on my own.

LINKIN-_PARK---_LOOKING-_FOR-_AN-_ANSWER

Looks good. What's the font you used here?

Edited by r0ked

Me too! You're right, there's a lot of pain in Mike's voice, am I the only one who thought he was going to break down crying? I know I broke down several times last night...

It was heartbreaking, this song,singing one more light, when he told us all where he was when he heard the news, the whole entire night! I balled my heart out the entire show, it's like it all became real to me right at that moment. My heart bleeds for this band and his wife and children, but mostly for Mike and Talinda, I just want to make everything better for them and make their pain go away!

• 1 month later...

LFAA has been registered on BMI (only under Mike, though). Interesting. Plenty of songs have just appeared on BMI before so it's not a set-in-stone indicator, but it's certainly interesting.

http://repertoire.bmi.com/DetailView.aspx?detail=titleid&keyid=25849595&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&blnAltTitles=True

I wonder if it ends up being a Fort Minor song.

Or better yet, like this song that was once BMI registered to Linkin Park:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwtR9PNKht4

LFAA has been registered on BMI (only under Mike, though). Interesting. Plenty of songs have just appeared on BMI before so it's not a set-in-stone indicator, but it's certainly interesting.

http://repertoire.bmi.com/DetailView.aspx?detail=titleid&keyid=25849595&ShowNbr=0&ShowSeqNbr=0&blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&blnAltTitles=True

I wonder if it ends up being a Fort Minor song.

Or better yet, like this song that was once BMI registered to Linkin Park:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwtR9PNKht4

LOL WTF did I just watch. But I vaguely remember that. Interesting. Weren't a few other songs listed at one point too? I think in 2016, a song called ''Ricochet'' or something was listed.

Either way, I don't think LFAA will become a Fort Minor song, but it's possible, since Welcome was originally a Linkin Park demo. But I'm also not sure if it will be under the ''Linkin Park'' moniker, either. Mike said the version he played live was basically a rough demo, so maybe it will be changed up a lot, etc.

• 2 weeks later...