Is This A Clip Of "Sorry For Now"?

RogueSoul

Even though 'Heavy' was just released, we're already itching for the next taste of new music. Well, it might just be that we've had one for quite awhile.

You may recall that around in August of last year, Linkin Park was in the studio with pop artist Blackbear. We found some proposed Blackbear x LP merchandise on his snapchat, and also something else...

This video is a reel from his snapchat story back in August. At the time, we figured it was a clip of his own song that he took to the studio to work on with Linkin Park. The clip of music starts at three seconds.

We didn't think much of it back then, and until now we figured it was a forgotten collaboration (looking at you, Martin Garrix). Now that we've seen the tracklist for the band's upcoming One More Light, we're now thinking otherwise. Track 7 on the album is called 'Sorry For Now,' and if you listen to this clip, you can hear a tuned-up Mike Shinoda sing:

[i'm s]orry for now

That I couldn't be around

Sometimes things refuse to go the way we planned.

Was this clip part of 'Sorry For Now'? It seems all to coincidental that the line has the words "Sorry for now" in it. What do you think? After hearing 'Heavy,' this does seem to fit the sound of the record. What are your thoughts? If this does end up being the song, what are your thoughts on it? Better than 'Heavy?' Worse?

Follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page for the latest updates on the band's new music. We expect the band will be going on a North American tour sometime this summer, and they've confirmed a November Asia Tour, so be on the look out for tour dates from those.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think so. I just kinda disagree on "tuned-up Mike Shinoda sing", doesn't sounds like Mike's voice to me... I'm probably wrong but sorry for now.

First of all, I see what you did there lol.

Look at this though. It is Mike. Someone lowered the pitch of that clip here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXEf3YR3_f8

I actually love it. It's really catchy and Mike's voice sounds great here. I love some good rock music, but I also love more laid back stuff like this. The range of Linkin Park continues to amaze me. This is better than most of the stuff on the radio nowadays.

Edited by Justin

As much as I can hear of the song, I don't like it, but it's very hard to judge just hearing a few seconds of it.

It could potentially be Sorry For Now, but what makes think it might be not, is the fact that at the time (I think) they didn't implement any genre to the songs they've made, at the time the songs were only vocals over chord progressions if I'm not mistaking.

Surprisingly, I always liked the way this one sounded. I think it sounds good. Blackbear is a much better artist than Kiiara IMO, as well. I said a lot of times before that I don't really like female vocalists, I never have, and I feel like that's largely why I disliked Heavy so much. I'm sure there will be more female vocalists on the album, however. But Blackbear is pretty good and this song does sound pretty good. The final version may sound drastically different than the version heard here, but I'm sure the melody will still be somewhat the same, since the melody and vocals are what the band worked on first, etc. Chester might also be singing the final version since we have seen that many times where Mike sings the demo and Chester sings the final version of songs but I think Mike's voice would fit this one better. I'm sure Chester would sound good, though.

Chester might also be singing the final version since we have seen that many times where Mike sings the demo and Chester sings the final version of songs but I think Mike's voice would fit this one better. I'm sure Chester would sound good, though.

That's a good point. The cool thing about Chester and LP in general is that if Mike and Chester both sing something, Chester has shown that he won't hesitate to say Mike sounds better for a particular song if that's the case.

Plus it could be like Iridescent, with Mike singing the verses and Chester singing the chorus. That would be pretty cool I think.

Surprisingly, I always liked the way this one sounded. I think it sounds good. Blackbear is a much better artist than Kiiara IMO, as well. I said a lot of times before that I don't really like female vocalists, I never have, and I feel like that's largely why I disliked Heavy so much. I'm sure there will be more female vocalists on the album, however. But Blackbear is pretty good and this song does sound pretty good. The final version may sound drastically different than the version heard here, but I'm sure the melody will still be somewhat the same, since the melody and vocals are what the band worked on first, etc. Chester might also be singing the final version since we have seen that many times where Mike sings the demo and Chester sings the final version of songs but I think Mike's voice would fit this one better. I'm sure Chester would sound good, though.

Looking at the tracklist I think there's no more vocal collaboration, apart for Kiiara which is terrible and useless since Chester already sang and record the whole song before her coming in studio.

Looking at the tracklist I think there's no more vocal collaboration, apart for Kiiara which is terrible and useless since Chester already sang and record the whole song before her coming in studio.

Honestly I think they're just hiding that information for now. I would be surprised if there were no other features on the album.

That would be great. I bet there will be some other collaborations but maybe not vocal ones. I always wanted guests off of main albums but I didn't mind the ones who collaborated instrumentally, like Daron Malakian or Tom Morello for example. And it is interesting that Heavy was already completed before Kiiara ever even came in. Would love to have the demo of it. I'm not saying she doesn't have a good voice, I just don't care for female vocalists because of the sound. Not trying to be sexist sounding or anything because I respect women a lot and that's really the only thing in the world that I prefer males over females for is singing/screaming/whatever.

That would be great. I bet there will be some other collaborations but maybe not vocal ones. I always wanted guests off of main albums but I didn't mind the ones who collaborated instrumentally, like Daron Malakian or Tom Morello for example. And it is interesting that Heavy was already completed before Kiiara ever even came in. Would love to have the demo of it. I'm not saying she doesn't have a good voice, I just don't care for female vocalists because of the sound. Not trying to be sexist sounding or anything because I respect women a lot and that's really the only thing in the world that I prefer males over females for is singing/screaming/whatever.

Mike says that Chester had already sang the whole heavy before Kiiara was introduced to the band by Zane Lowe.

Then Mike sharing some demos and then she sing on heavy

Edited by stich

Mike says that Chester had already sang the whole heavy before Kiiara was introduced to the band by Zane Lowe.

Then Mike sharing some demos and then she sing on heavy

True, for Heavy specifically. Mike also said they were working with some new friends and that there would be some fun surprises. if it turns out that Kiiara is the only vocal feature on the album then that's great, especially since there's only 10 tracks. I just have a feeling there will be 1 or 2 more.

Whenever they claim to do something completely different they put out this kind of computer music. Terrible stuff...

FYI they have always incorporated "computer music". Papercut even starts with "computer music". And there's clearly real drums, piano and guitar in Heavy, so yeah