Is This A Clip Of "Sorry For Now"?

RogueSoul

No I don't think so. The first albums were a cool mixture and they played their instruments. ATS and probably the new record are different. To me it sounds that there is no real playing involved anymore.

But they could continue without Brad. Maybe the tickets would be cheaper... And Joe might do Daves parts. ;)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I don't think so. The first albums were a cool mixture and they played their instruments. ATS and probably the new record are different. To me it sounds that there is no real playing involved anymore.

What makes you so sure bout that? No "computer music"? How bout "Cure for the Itch"? do you think Rob's really playing that?

But they could continue without Brad. Maybe the tickets would be cheaper... And Joe might do Daves parts. ;)

A thousand suns had a lot of awesome playing. Burning in the skies has one of the most awesome guitar work of their whole career, The catalyst, Robot boy and Jornada all have crazy keyboard solos, The messenger is all about real playing and singing, When they come for me has half the band playing drums for it to work live... I could keep going if I wanted

A thousand suns had a lot of awesome playing. Burning in the skies has one of the most awesome guitar work of their whole career, The catalyst, Robot boy and Jornada all have crazy keyboard solos, The messenger is all about real playing and singing, When they come for me has half the band playing drums for it to work live... I could keep going if I wanted

Pretty sure he's referring to songs where the whole band plays instead of just parts of it.

Pretty sure he's referring to songs where the whole band plays instead of just parts of it.

The messenger and Jornada del muerto are the only ones I mentioned that don't have the whole band playing. Plus, Minutes to midnight already had songs like that anyway.

Edited by Kilmer

The messenger and Jornada del muerto are the only ones I mentioned that don't have the whole band playing. Plus, Minutes to midnight already had songs like that anyway.

Referring to the album versions (and ignoring interludes and The Requiem), you could also include Blackout ("Guitar" parts are keyboard/sampled in & Drum Machine instead of Rob), Wretches and Kings (Drum Machine instead of Rob, Bass is sampled/keyboard instead of Dave), Waiting For The End ("Guitar" parts are keyboard/sampled in) and (sort of) The Catalyst (Aside for the outro, it's all drum machine and keyboard). At this point, Brad and Dave could literally just become Live members.

As for MTM, only one I can think of that you could be referring to is In Between, which, let's be honest, was the worst song on the album.

Edited by Projektion

Referring to the album versions (and ignoring interludes and The Requiem), you could also include Blackout ("Guitar" parts are keyboard/sampled in & Drum Machine instead of Rob), Wretches and Kings (Drum Machine instead of Rob, Bass is sampled/keyboard instead of Dave), Waiting For The End ("Guitar" parts are keyboard/sampled in) and (sort of) The Catalyst (Aside for the outro, it's all drum machine and keyboard). At this point, Brad and Dave could literally just become Live members.

As for MTM, only one I can think of that you could be referring to is In Between, which, let's be honest, was the worst song on the album.

From Chester's first verse on there is guitar in all of Waiting for the end, it's not keyboard and you can see Mike playing the same thing live. It's just drowned in a lot of delay and reverb to the point it resembles a keyboard. The solo and outro Brad plays live are also guitar in the studio, there is even a video somewhere of them recording the solo(I guess it's in the meeting of ATS). The catalyst has live bass before the first minute hits and the guitar starts in the "god save us everyone" verse. Not gonna argue about the other ones, but there is also Iridescent there to count as instrument playing.

Kinda like half of Little Things is just chillout with little instrument work, and most songs feature no Joe at all.

Lol. Blackout has real guitar in the outro. Wretches and Kings has some live drums mixed with the sampled stuff, there's a live guitar part in the outro, and the bass is a real bass run through a Z.Vex Mastotron fuzz pedal. ALL of the guitar parts in Waiting for the End are live. The Catalyst has live bass and guitar from the second verse onwards. In Between has live guitar from the first chorus onwards.

Protip: Know what you're talking about.

*Edit* I'd excuse ignorance if not for the fact that save for In Between, every song you listed has multitracks available that you could easily reference to correct yourself.

Edited by Astat

LPA: During the writing process for 'One More Light' we saw a number of artists mentioned, hinted at or seen in the studio who could have been potential collaborations for the album, including The Chainsmokers, Blackbear and Conner Youngblood among others. With the final tracklist noting the only feature as Kiiara, can you shed some light on if any of these came to fruition even as strictly writing credits on the new album? Blackbear posted a snapchat last year from the studio that many believe to be 'Sorry for Now', is this the case and was he involved in any way?

MS: Generally, here's how it would work: we'd get in the room with someone, and start on something from scratch with them. We worked mostly in the same way we always write songs, but with extra firepower in the room. I think you already know some of the collaborators on the album: Andrew Dawson, Eg White, Justin Parker, RAC, Julia Michaels, Justin Tranter.

On Sorry For Now, I had a finished vocal and a rough track that the whole band liked, but we all thought the track could use some spice. We invited Blackbear and Andrew Goldstein in with me, Chester, and Brad, and we created this vocal sample drop together that took the song to a whole new level. It was really fun having people with different perspectives and talents in the room each time.​

That quote is from the LPA interview with Mike and they asked him about Sorry For Nów and it is most likely confirmed.

Lol. Blackout has real guitar in the outro. Wretches and Kings has some live drums mixed with the sampled stuff, there's a live guitar part in the outro, and the bass is a real bass run through a Z.Vex Mastotron fuzz pedal. ALL of the guitar parts in Waiting for the End are live. The Catalyst has live bass and guitar from the second verse onwards. In Between has live guitar from the first chorus onwards.

Protip: Know what you're talking about.

*Edit* I'd excuse ignorance if not for the fact that save for In Between, every song you listed has multitracks available that you could easily reference to correct yourself.

My bad, been out of the LP loop for so long I didn't realise most (all?) ATS stuff had the stems available.

Edited by Projektion

Really bro? what changed for you? and heavy took awhile to grow on me too.

Because I brokedown and connected with the song last night and I decided that I don't give a fuck if it's pop music or not, it's LP, and they are my favorite band and always will be, I can't fight it. And once I got past the fact that I thought it was pop, I liked the song. And the rest of the album sounds amazing. Watched all the interviews for it so far today and I am pumped. Was a big fan of LT and MTM so I think I will enjoy this album. And that 150 dollar bundle was too epic to pass up. Heavy took a while for me to like it. After hearing the instrumental I loved it and then I started playing the studio version and have been playing it all day. Plus, I loved the album cover when I first saw it, and still do. And now that I know the meaning behind the album title, it makes it special. I am glad I noticed all of this sooner rather than later.

Edited by Geki

Because I brokedown and connected with the song last night and I decided that I don't give a fuck if it's pop music or not, it's LP, and they are my favorite band and always will be, I can't fight it. And once I got past the fact that I thought it was pop, I liked the song. And the rest of the album sounds amazing. Watched all the interviews for it so far today and I am pumped. Was a big fan of LT and MTM so I think I will enjoy this album. And that 150 dollar bundle was too epic to pass up. Heavy took a while for me to like it. After hearing the instrumental I loved it and then I started playing the studio version and have been playing it all day.

Yeah, I had to get past that too. It was hard, but I kept pressing replay for some reason and fell in love with the song. and Yeah, The instrumental is awesome. sounds very much like a Living things song

Yeah, I had to get past that too. It was hard, but I kept pressing replay for some reason and fell in love with the song. and Yeah, The instrumental is awesome. sounds very much like a Living things song

I literally woke up and thought ''I'm missing out here. This is Linkin Park, my favorite band for most of my life. I won't stop being a fan.'' I then put on Heavy and kept replaying it with an open mind and actually broke down to the song. It relates to me a lot, lyrically. And then I noticed the emotion in Chester and Kiiara and it hit me. I love the final chorus of the song so much. And then I heard the instrumental version and loved it. It does fit in with Living Things.

I literally woke up and thought ''I'm missing out here. This is Linkin Park, my favorite band for most of my life. I won't stop being a fan.'' I then put on Heavy and kept replaying it with an open mind and actually broke down to the song. It relates to me a lot, lyrically. And then I noticed the emotion in Chester and Kiiara and it hit me. I love the final chorus of the song so much. And then I heard the instrumental version and loved it. It does fit in with Living Things.

It does me too. Happy to have you on board... The final chorus is awesome. As the old Cliché goes, you can't judge a book (or in this case an album/song on first listen) by it's cover. For me, It was very hard to get used to it, but once I opened up my mind. I found it was awesome. wasn't until the 3rd day of the song until I really started enjoying it!

It does me too. Happy to have you on board... The final chorus is awesome. As the old Cliché goes, you can't judge a book (or in this case an album/song on first listen) by it's cover. For me, It was very hard to get used to it, but once I opened up my mind. I found it was awesome. wasn't until the 3rd day of the song until I really started enjoying it!

That's exactly what I did, too. I hated the idea of it originally, then I heard it through LPTV and decided that I liked it, then I heard the actual song and decided I hated it, and now I love it. I think I wasn't allowing myself to be open to it because it sounded ''poppy'', which was stupid. Good music is good music, fuck it. It's a good song. And the album sounds to be even better.