It Begins: Linkin Park Starts Teasing New Music

RogueSoul

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From ATS only the the 8sec empty spaces i find it unnecessary, all the other fillers fitted very well!

I was talking more along the lines of other bands and artists, not Linkin Park, since I really don't even listen to Linkin Park besides for their live shit. Some bands put a lot of filler and it makes it unnecessary to me. A long album doesn't always mean it's the best. Sometimes even a shorter batch of songs that are really powerful can be better, at least to me.

EDIT: After watching the second clip, I think LP is heading in dangerous territory a little bit. Not musically, but the way they are discussing the music. The way that they have been talking about this album and hyping it, it could lead to disappointment largely when it finally comes out. Not trying to be negative just for the sake of being negative here.

Edited by Geki

At this point he's probably still in the band because they're all buddies and they need a music video director. He contributes little to nothing musically.

Somehow I doubt that's true. Even without doing extensive research on their recent output and Joe's contributions to it, I don't think they would keep him around and pay him 1/6 of the royalties brought in just because they're good friends.

I would be curious to see Astat weigh in on this lol.

There is no evidence to suggest that Joe isn't actively contributing to this album. It's like for MTM when a lot of people thought Mike was easing his way out of the band (or even that he had already left). We all saw how wrong of a perception that was.

If Linkin Park made an album full of features that would be lit
1. Only Hope ft. Kiiara
2. Follow the Light ft. Lauren Mayberry
3. Heavy Hearts ft. Blackbear
4. Trainwreck ft. Taylor Swift
5. A Cure For the Itch Pt. 2
6. My Direction
7. No Sleep ft. Run the Jewels
8. Moving On ft. Tim McIlrath
9. Living In the Past ft. Andy Bone
10. All Alone
Edited by Bliss

Somehow I doubt that's true. Even without doing extensive research on their recent output and Joe's contributions to it, I don't think they would keep him around and pay him 1/6 of the royalties brought in just because they're good friends.

I would be curious to see Astat weigh in on this lol.

I mean, it's really no secret that Linkin Park could realistically continue to exist with only Mike, Chester, and Brad in the group. Mike's both the primary songwriter and producer, Chester's the lead vocalist, and Brad's a co-writer/co-producer of a lot of the stuff Mike works on, in addition to being able to do stuff with the guitar work that Mike can't. It's not that the other three guys don't contribute, but what they do contribute is a much smaller portion of the overall writing process. Their value comes from a combination of enabling the band to perform their material live, having more people to bounce ideas off of, and being dependable people who have been around the group forever. I think people make the mistake of seeing "valuable" and "expendable" as mutually exclusive things. It's not that Linkin Park couldn't survive if some combination of Rob, Dave, and Joe weren't part of the band anymore, but why on earth would they get rid of them if they didn't have a reason to?

I don't really see it as any different from a group like Nine Inch Nails where you have a primary songwriter and everybody else is a hired musician who either helps get the songwriter's ideas recorded for albums or tours with the songwriter as a means of reproducing those sounds live. It's just in this case, everybody's actually an official member of the band, rather than just being relegated to an "additional musician" role on an album or a "touring member" role on tour. Mike very easily could have been to Linkin Park what Trent Reznor is to Nine Inch Nails, he just decided early on that he wasn't going to operate that way.

I like how, post ATS, Mike is like "Ok, now we're at the point where I wanna take risks", as if that album alone wasn't full of risky songs for them at the time lol

I like these conversations though. I really hope there's a "making of" DVD with this album.

I'm also hoping for a making of and I'm eager to see how poppy this album will be.

Since they're in Larrabee studios here, this video must have been recorded early on in the making of this album.

Edited by RickLPL