LP Greatest Hits CD?

Any chance it was WMMR in Philly? I'd buy it if it had unreleased songs, for sure.

I'd buy that without any new songs lol

I'll be in UK in June, so I'll definitely get this.

Edited by Collision

hmm... i highly doubt that but id love to get new stuff, plus "one step closer" to being free from warner ha

1)Warner needs some cash, and already recorded songs album is pretty godd for them , I guess

2)Chester promissed new songs on Sonisphere UK gig, so new tracks in studio format sounds quite real.

3)Warner made them mainstream cash addicted band without their will, so look at point one.

Any chance it was WMMR in Philly? I'd buy it if it had unreleased songs, for sure.

It could've been. My cousin was at work and he told me all about it. He fallows them as much as I do so I trust him. He didn't say the station, he just told me the info the guy mentioned after Shadow of the Day was finished

I seriously highly doubt Linkin Park will release such an album. I'd stake my hearing on it. There is a better chance of them releasing another reanimation album which is already highly unlikely. Besides, no one releases a greatest hits album after only three studio albums? Doesn't make any sense if you really consider it. :mellow:

I seriously highly doubt Linkin Park will release such an album. I'd stake my hearing on it. There is a better chance of them releasing another reanimation album which is already highly unlikely. Besides, no one releases a greatest hits album after only three studio albums? Doesn't make any sense if you really consider it. :mellow:

And what Warner actions make sense?

It would make sense to release it if Warner's aching for cash. They know how die-hard LP fans can be - they'd make sales even on one bonus track. Plus, LPs singles have always been pretty big. It would be somewhere around 18 to 20 tracks (depending what they consider a single).

This would be extremely lame but it'd get them one record closer to getting off Warner's label so I wouldn't mind. Why not a b-side cd though? Anyone who buys a greatest hit cd, really isn't that big of a fan anyways. So I don't really see why anyone here would buy it.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

For all the people saying that a Greatest Hits album after 3 albums doesn't make sense, think a bit more about it.

LP has 16 singles in the span of almost 10 years. If you ignore the fact that there are only 3 official studio albums, that really is not a bad number for a Greatest Hits CD.

Plus if it has unreleased songs, and gets them one step closer (nice pun XP) to being free from Warner, this is great.

1)Warner needs some cash, and already recorded songs album is pretty godd for them , I guess

2)Chester promissed new songs on Sonisphere UK gig, so new tracks in studio format sounds quite real.

3)Warner made them mainstream cash addicted band without their will, so look at point one.

Okay, let's dispell this rumor RIGHT NOW so it does not turn into a No Roads Left-Projekt Revolution situation.

Chester SPECIFICALLY SAID that he could not promise new material this summer, but it COULD happen.

Okay. I'm not trying to be a d-bag, it's just when I read what you wrote, you kind of took it completely out of context and it brought back painful memories of LP fans complaining about "NO NRL!!!"

Further along to Gator's post... In the Philly area, there happens to be a relatively new rock station at 104.5FM. I've heard them disclose several pieces of LP-related news over the last few months that haven't been confirmed nor have any of them ever happened. This goes for several other bands too.

That said, if it happened to be WMMR, this rumor might have a little more weight to it. They normally don't go about reporting things that aren't true.

I believe the station is confusing LP for Incubus, who is releasing their Greatest Hits "MONUMENTS AND MELODIES" on June 16th, as a two disc collection and includes some unleased material.

This is it then.

Christina Aguilera released a Greatest Hits after only 3 albums and Lp have a similar hardcore fan base and are very marketable.

Anyone think that Lp might be behind this? In order for them to get out of their contract with Warner? Or does the contract state that the albums must be new?

i always thought that a greatest hits album signified the end of a band. thats why i was surprised to see The Offsprings "Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace" in a shop, and i bought it straight away, same has happened with britney speares, though i would not buy her music. i have since concluded that Blnk would get bakl together, and i was right lol. i would be happy for LP to release a greatest hits CD, i would buy it, with or without unreleased songs. imagine how many songs would make up the 2 cds, wow. :) .. i would hope that songs like forgotten and APFMH or Qwerty would make the draft too... so that the radio fans could see the wider range of LPs songs. i really cant wait, but didnt they release one in 2004? or was that just a fan made one that i downlloaded, which happened to become quite famous?

I actually think this is incredibly stupid, but also a great idea at the same time because it's one step closer to being off of Warner and it's also a chance for us to hear some new songs, maybe some demos too.

The only thing that would suck is if the ''bonus tracks'' were just the live stuff that comes with the singles, or the the MTM remixes.

Edited by Geki

I don't trust DJ's for a second. In every instance I've seen DJ's get information first, they're wrong. I don't see them as any different than your run-of-the-mill casual fan.

I think it was a DJ who started that "Chester is dead/left the band" rule that's been floating through the casual fans for a while now. DJ's aren't anybody special, they don't have great ties to anyone, but they're good for spreading rumors far and wide.

After seeing Gator's post about the Incubus mixup, it seems Gator's theory makes the most sense.

PS: any guesses about Warner and contract stuff is pure speculation. A Greatest Hits might not even count as an album towards the contract. You guys don't know that stuff.