LP Greatest Hits CD?

There have been rumors going around about an "upcoming" LP greatest hits album for at least 2 years. This is nothing new, and nothing has ever come of it, despite several reliable sources reporting on it (Billboard.com's 2008 release date calendar released at the end of 2007 even said one was scheduled for November of 2008).

I'd say there's about a 98% probability that this WON'T happen.

1)Warner needs some cash, and already recorded songs album is pretty godd for them , I guess

2)Chester promissed new songs on Sonisphere UK gig, so new tracks in studio format sounds quite real.

3)Warner made them mainstream cash addicted band without their will, so look at point one.

He nv promised us anything, he said he isn't promising anything, but we mite hear some new stuff.

It's a little weird for a band to release a "best off" with only 3 albums... but if it would have unreleased tracks, whatever! :rolleyes:

they've released 2 live cds off of only 3 studio albums, why not a greatest hits? ;)

they've released 2 live cds off of only 3 studio albums, why not a greatest hits? ;)

how are the live CDs related to a Greatest Hits CD? I'm just saying that I think that a "greatest hits" CD with only 3 albums is weird (or at least I thought so, but according to some people here, it's not as uncommon as I thought it was), and unnecessary...

But, as mentioned before, there have been rumors about a album like this for about 2 years, lol. I'll just consider this an unfonded rumor (yeah, right, a radio DJ announced it, but what do radio DJs know about this stuff? lol)

True or false, I'm sure we'll find it on eBay sooner or later :rolleyes:

The thing is that combined with the 3 albums, if you also add the POA remix from Reanimation and Numb/Encore, you increase the tracklist and Numb/Encore was a pretty big single. Greatest Hits tend to just be singles collections.

The idea isn't whether or not it makes sense - it's whether or not it makes money. If the songs were released under Warner, they could make whatever CD they wanted, with or without the band's input. This isn't an uncommon thing. Radiohead, comes to mind because the band publicly spoke out against it, but Capitol released it in a number of forms anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a little weird for a band to release a "best off" with only 3 albums... but if it would have unreleased tracks, whatever! :rolleyes:

By unreleased Warner probably means, unreleased live songs..

Here would be an example greatest hits:

1. One Step Closer

2. Crawling

3. In The End

4. Papercut

4. Somewhere I Belong

5. Faint

6. Numb

7. Breaking the Habit

8. What I've Done

9. Shadow of the Day

10. Bleed It Out

11. Leave Out All The Rest

12. Given Up

13. Numb/Encore

14. Points of Authority (Reanimation Mix)

15. Pushing Me Away (Live)

16. Breaking the Habit (Live)

Yeah... that's enough tracks for one. And no, I don't see Lying From You, nor From The Inside on it.. despite the limited airplay in USA for it.