Unreleased Demo by The Visionaries & Linkin Park

hahninator

In a complete surprise, The Visionaries have uploaded their demo with Linkin Park online. The song was actually posted back in April, and has gone unnoticed until now...crazy!

This collaboration dates back to at least 2001-2002. In our Unreleased Songs List, we have a message between The Visionaries and a Linkin Park fan from 2006 that reads,

"Hey, LMNO did a song with Mike Shinoda back in the day, maybe 6 years ago.

Then the Visionaries recorded a song with Joe Hahn and Mike Shinoda, and I believe some of the rest of the group was supposed to add stuff to the song...anyhow, it was before the "ReAnimation" album, and we all decided not to put the song out....so, I guess it's just one of those, never heard, never put out things.

We've only heard a rough version of the song, and never heard anything after that.

Kool, give thanks."

This is one of the oldest (previously unreleased) demos that we know exists as the song is at least fourteen years old. We will try to get a year on when the song was made.

Listen to the demo HERE, and you can buy it for $1, even in FLAC.

This is pretty cool! Thoughts? Big thanks to LPL member hybrider for the heads up!

EDIT: Lyrics from LPA for Mike's two verses:

V1: "Call up a relative and tell 'em who the hell it is

You think not / guess again / you bet it is
Put a kink in the backbone of predators
They're not competitive / actin' like they're on sedatives
With or without large amounts of melanin
Let it begin until the rigor mortis settles in
Rainin' on rust on bulletproof metal men
It's deep water and there's no backpedallin'"
V2: "Lights out / Los Angeles darkness
Trash bag track homes and park bench apartments
Lit with a center-city harshness
Attract the colour weapons of paint marker artists
And this is the soundtrack to the scene
LP, Visionaries, collaborative team
Takin' it to a level you never dreamed of
Open your eyes to a sight that's seldom-seen"
EDIT 2:

An interview from September 2001 has been found from Joe (by OnStage) leading up to Linkin Park's European Tour that month: "Chester just did a song with Cyclefly and also with DJ Lethal, and Mike and I just finished a track with the Visionaries too."

MP3 download? Not trying to pay money for something that old that's only a demo and unreleased.

So, I'm guessing you don't buy LPU CDs then, right? They're just demos and unreleased, right? I mean, it's $1 for a track that, as far as we knew, was never going to get out into the public.

MP3 download? Not trying to pay money for something that old that's only a demo and unreleased.

I can understand your argument if you are not a hardcore fan, regular fans don't give a fuck about demos and bsides.

The guitar sounds similar to a Forgotten live intro, I love when shit like this comes out of nowhere I love the way M's voice sounded back in 2000.

I can understand your argument if you are not a hardcore fan, regular fans don't give a fuck about demos and bsides.

Still, it's a dollar. You can find that much money between the cushions of your couch or in a junk drawer. It's cheaper than what iTunes offers for songs usually, too. There's really no reason to not pay for it unless you physically have to ability to due to lack of credit card, and even then, the whole song is playable on the site.

Back to the song itself, it sounds pretty interesting, and this was very unexpected! Thanks for posting it! Although, what's with their MSPaint coverart for the song?

Still, it's a dollar. You can find that much money between the cushions of your couch or in a junk drawer. It's cheaper than what iTunes offers for songs usually, too. There's really no reason to not pay for it unless you physically have to ability to due to lack of credit card, and even then, the whole song is playable on the site.

Back to the song itself, it sounds pretty interesting, and this was very unexpected! Thanks for posting it! Although, what's with their MSPaint coverart for the song?

Only problem is you need a credit card or PayPal or whatever. I would gladly give a dollar out of my pocket but I don't have a credit card. Sucks.

Only problem is you need a credit card or PayPal or whatever. I would gladly give a dollar out of my pocket but I don't have a credit card. Sucks.

You probably should've led with that, so that people didn't spend the rest of the thread hounding you about being cheap.

This track is very, very 2000, and it sucks, but it's an interesting little bit of LP history to hear.

Never been a fan of this type of rap song. When you cram this many emcees into one song, you end up with a bunch of people without enough time to actually say anything. The two "mini-verses" Mike throws in here sound cool, but just leave me wishing he had more space to work with...interesting re-use of the "put a kink in the backbones" line from High Voltage, too.

I thought the original story was that Chester recorded a track with these guys, but apparently that wasn't the case.