Unreleased Demo by The Visionaries & Linkin Park

hahninator

Mike had a really great flow in his verses back then. He still jams, like on All For Nothing and Wastelands, but I truly enjoy hearing the rapping style he had from about 1997-2001. It seems a bit faster and is just really raw. He's a great rapper.

Like I've said before, a lot of the modern LP lyrics (not so much on The Hunting Party as Living Things) seemed dumbed-down. These lyrics are cool.

It's a neat collaboration song and is pretty atmospheric. Cool that it was released 14~ years later. I'll take it over an LPU instrumental all day, ha.

Hate the artwork for this track. So, created this simple artwork. Feel free to use it (if you want to..)

Screen_Shot_2015_11_03_at_8_52_04_PM.png

Highres: http://strangerz92.deviantart.com/art/Linkin-Park-and-Visionaries-Unreleased-Demo-2001-570015084?ga_submit_new=10%253A1446558709&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1

I have uploaded it on youtube: http://youtu.be/O3zTvl76PT8

At the time of posting Mark didn't knew it was you who found it, fixed.

Thanks :) it's amazing that it is released 7 months and I found it accidentaly.

You're competing with the one who found the alternate version of Rhinestone by Xero for the "best first post on the forum" title.

Have you found it lately or long ago but didn't realize it is known until a few days ago?

I found it yesterday when I watched "The Unreleased Songs Thread" here. Last report was on The Visionaries and Chester Bennington and then I just wrote on purpose to google "The Visionaries Linkin Park" a first what it found was that unreleased demo. I listened to it and I heard Mike's voice in it. Then I just say in my mind: "Oh my god! I listen to demo that nobody knows that it is released this year!" So I wrote on this forum that was released 20th April 2015 .. It was just a coincidence. Who knows, maybe there are more unreleased demos on the internet but we don't know about them.

I think I'm the only one who really enjoys this song. It definitely has an outdated feel, but it's a nice mellow track with a chill vibe. I love anything Mike put out in that 5 year span around 2000. That raw demo voice is one of my favorites, classic Mike cadence.

Hey the part in the lyrics which states, "I put a kink in the backbones..." is also in the song High Voltage by Linkin Park as well. Don't know if High Voltage or This demo from the Visionaries came first since both songs came out in the time frame of 2000-2002.

High Voltage pre-dates Hybrid Theory - it was on the Hybrid Theory EP that came out in 1999. Mike seems to have just recycled that line from the song. The Visionaries collab came well after HV.

Since I doubt anyone in Linkin Park knows what the song was gonna be called and 2Mex just uploaded it as Unreleased, I feel like someone should at least give this song a name. Honestly I think something like "Top Notch MC" would fit since that title is part of the chorus in the song. Just a thought I had to give the track an interesting name and all.