2015.07.26 - Beijing, China (+ Livestream)

This was probably the best Ballad Medley performance ever just because Chester was so emotional he was about to cry

Agree to what you said.I was there last night.The light made by the fans were incredible. After the medley, Chester said"It's the most beautifulscene I've ever seen." I was in the seat section,a little far away from the stage,couldn't see his face clearly.But I believe many people were touched by that scene.

For the guys watching the live stream, Tencent(the webcast host)remove most voice of the audience for unknown reasons.Probably avoiding hear the censored word from us, I guess. Actually It was really noisy,nobody was sitting in my section and shouted as loudly as we could. Somebody said it was not as good as in USA,UK,even HK. I believe this was the best of the five China shows. The best we could do in mainland.

There was something wrong with Chester's microphone during New divide and Final masquerade.We fans filled in when we couldn't hear Chester.

I went the 2009 Shanghai show,too.From what I've seen, last night was far better than the 2009 Shanghai. More audience, louder fans' voice, Mike and Chester said "you are beautiful" at least three times. Mike even used"incredible" to express.

Here is a website we Chinese LP fans hang out most,http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=linkin.Youcan see some pictures there last night.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, did they really put the lyrics and song titles across the screen? The Papercut video looks terrible with all the stuff on the screen.

I've never seen that work before, there is always something fucked up. How would they have the UIB verse, know the Castle stuff, etc?

Looks like they had all the lyrics for Darker than Blood ready as the first line of the 2nd verse popped up during the BID intro. I wonder if they had lyrics for Robot Boy, and some poor person was waiting for vocals that never came?

This was probably the best Ballad Medley performance ever just because Chester was so emotional he was about to cry

yep, very good performance. Not the best, but definitely in my top 3.

It was so amazing that almost everyone turned their flashlights on.

So beautiful.

Is this a first show since Wroclaw 2014 with the flashlights on Ballad Medley? Because everytime I'm watching a Ballad Medley performance I see maybe a few flashlights, not very much and Wroclaw was the first show I think with SO MANY lighters, flashlights etc. And now Beijing, it's always awesome.

I laughed so hard at "i need a little room to pray" like how can you get this wrong.

Yeah, that was funny. Edited by Tirea

I just watched the show, I really enjoyed it. Chester's singing was very good, but his screaming was kind of weaker than usually, it was especially weak during Faint bridge (he was mostly shouting instead of screaming). The show was very well executed (even though there were some fails), not only by LP, but fans (especially flashlights during Ballad Medley), crew, cameramen and people who worked with the webcast.

The webcast was esthetically very good, I would say better than usual livestreams. I liked the lyrics idea, but since the lyrics was so messed up and unsynchronized, it didn't work very well. If it all would work the way it should, (titles appearing when they should appear, and lyrics), then it would be one of the esthetically best LP webcasts ever, in my opinion.

There was also a lot of reverb and a very strong delay at some points of the show, does anybody know why it happened?

I only listened to parts of the audio so far, what ruins it for me is the reverb that seems to get worse throughout the show. Listen to Final Masquerade for example, that could easily be from a better audience recording.

That's how Chester's screams usually sound these days.

Lol, did you watch the stream or skim through? Chester does not scream like that these days. He usually does MUCH better. That ALITS was weak. Chester was practically singing/yelling the screaming portions near the final chorus. OSC, FTI, BIO, bridges all just lacking energy completely. Its clear he's either sick, tired, uninterested, or just out of it.

Lol, did you watch the stream or skim through? Chester does not scream like that these days. He usually does MUCH better. That ALITS was weak. Chester was practically singing/yelling the screaming portions near the final chorus. OSC, FTI, BIO, bridges all just lacking energy completely. Its clear he's either sick, tired, uninterested, or just out of it.

If you play a full stadium in a country that booked your band for 5 sold out shows I can guarantee that he wasn't uninterested on the other ones I agree.

People on LPL just hate LGM because the last chorus doesn't sound like the album version, it's a live show things change other than that the rap verses are really good, the chorus is catchy, it has a high level of energy and the band had a blast when they played it.

The band had a blast playing it and it was a rather high-energy song, I'll agree with that. However, nothing else about it grabs me at all. The fact that LGM is among my least favorite songs by LP doesn't help either. Chester sounds off when he does the chorus, and Mike's verses have always seemed hit-or-miss to me. Also, the whole "not screaming last chorus" thing totally KILLS the build that starts with the bridge. It ruins a song that was already pretty bad IMO.

People on LPL just hate LGM because the last chorus doesn't sound like the album version

There's no doubt that LP loves playing it, but it is truly one of the worst songs they have ever written. BID and LGM are my two least favorite LP songs they've ever released, and it's funny that they're both on the same album....

I have to agree that is a energetic song, that the band loves to play it... But, even that I enjoy to hear it sometimes, it's one of, if not the, worst songs the band has ever written, IMO.

Edited by kiq fLP

Is it only me or this is the show where LP said most thank yous and there was most bowing/nodding?

I don't know, I was at show where "thank you/thank you very much/you are incredible/you are amazing" was after almost every song, especially after big moments/highlights of the show (for example: after BIO sing-along etc). Or Mike after WID short sing-along with that funny "oh yeah" like a happy kid :D Edited by Tirea