Guitar Center Sessions Broadcast 12/5

hahninator

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time I seem to hear Mike suggest a song it seems to be brad that shoots the idea down.I think Mike could get the rest of the band to play older/diffrent songs, if it wasint for brad. I meen come on he's a guitarist, and it was Mike who had to push him into geting more into guitar,for the hunting party that says it all

Crowd is mixed so high in this. Not a big fan of the mix. Must be an Ethan mix since the Carson 2012 live songs suffer from the same problem. To each his own but I prefer Pooch's mixes of the live stuff.

Plot twist would be if Pooch mixed this, lol :P

I have DirecTV but I live in Argentina, can I watch It?

and by the way, how did you guys know that Brad "extremely dislikes" APFMH? He used to enjoy that song back in the day, he even used to throw his guitar.

Sorry for my english :lol:

Unfortunately we don't have the channel. We'll have to see it when someone upload it to youtube.

Edited by RunawayARG

As negative as this post is....I agree 100%.

"Visceral" uttered 110,000 times before the tour, "rock album that was MADE to be played live", etc...they drop so much rock from the setlists and play so much electronic garbage and poppy single stuff. Not much new stuff.

Let's hear a great setlist with like Papercut, OSC, With You, Points, APFMH, Don't Stay, LFY, Faint, From The Inside, No More Sorrow, WTCFM, WFTE, Wretches, Lost In The Echo, In My Remains (maybe), Keys, All For Nothing, GATS, Wastelands, War, Until It's Gone, A Line In The Sand. Filthy. Tired of the slow shit.

Adios In The End, Numb, What I've Done, Burn It Down, Castle Of Dance, and Joe Medley.

"LP isn't holding true to their "visceral" tag because they aren't playing the songs I want to hear even though some of them are less heavy than these songs that I'm sick of hearing."

I don't see how you can make a legitimate argument that WTCFM, WFTE, In My Remains, and Until It's Gone are more "visceral" than In the End, Numb, or What I've Done. You're just sick of hearing singles and electronic stuff, so you'll throw labels on shit that doesn't actually apply to it so you have another excuse to peddle your opinion.

Remember the MTM/ATS era when LP would have like 6 to 8 slow songs in a row in the middle of every set and how much everyone hated it? What's left of that? They condensed LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent from 3 songs totaling about 14 minutes to a 5-minute medley. They dropped Breaking the Habit. They're playing a version of Castle of Glass with INFINITELY more energy than the original version (yes, it's electronic, but you're delusional if you think the put-you-to-sleep live version of the original COG had more energy). A bunch of other softer-dynamic songs like Burning in the Skies, In Pieces, TLTGYA, In My Remains, Jornada Del Muerto, and even The Catalyst haven't lasted in the set. Meanwhile, the last couple album cycles have seen the returns of Somewhere I Belong, Points of Authority, With You, Runaway (or at least part of it), Lying From You...plus you have Rebellion, Wastelands, and GATS in the set currently.

Yes, there could be more songs off the current album in there. Yes, the shortened songs are a bummer. But this is objectively the heaviest setlist LP has played since before Minutes to Midnight. The "slow shit" doesn't occupy HALF of the setlist space that it did 5-7 years ago. The Ballad Medley is the ONLY weak link in there in terms of being so soft that it kills the energy of the show. Everything else has its place, and the other issues plaguing the setlist (certain songs that shouldn't be shortened, Crawling being pointless and terrible, SIB/LFY being way too late in Set B) have NOTHING to do with the energy of the song selection.

If you hate the song selection, fine. But don't dance around it by saying the set would magically be better with fucking In My Remains in it instead of In the End, ROFL.

Crowd is mixed so high in this. Not a big fan of the mix. Must be an Ethan mix since the Carson 2012 live songs suffer from the same problem. To each his own but I prefer Pooch's mixes of the live stuff.

Plot twist would be if Pooch mixed this, lol :P

100% different opinion from me... I prefer Ethan's mixes over Pooch's any day.

"LP isn't holding true to their "visceral" tag because they aren't playing the songs I want to hear even though some of them are less heavy than these songs that I'm sick of hearing."

I don't see how you can make a legitimate argument that WTCFM, WFTE, In My Remains, and Until It's Gone are more "visceral" than In the End, Numb, or What I've Done. You're just sick of hearing singles and electronic stuff, so you'll throw labels on shit that doesn't actually apply to it so you have another excuse to peddle your opinion.

Remember the MTM/ATS era when LP would have like 6 to 8 slow songs in a row in the middle of every set and how much everyone hated it? What's left of that? They condensed LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent from 3 songs totaling about 14 minutes to a 5-minute medley. They dropped Breaking the Habit. They're playing a version of Castle of Glass with INFINITELY more energy than the original version (yes, it's electronic, but you're delusional if you think the put-you-to-sleep live version of the original COG had more energy). A bunch of other softer-dynamic songs like Burning in the Skies, In Pieces, TLTGYA, In My Remains, Jornada Del Muerto, and even The Catalyst haven't lasted in the set. Meanwhile, the last couple album cycles have seen the returns of Somewhere I Belong, Points of Authority, With You, Runaway (or at least part of it), Lying From You...plus you have Rebellion, Wastelands, and GATS in the set currently.

Yes, there could be more songs off the current album in there. Yes, the shortened songs are a bummer. But this is objectively the heaviest setlist LP has played since before Minutes to Midnight. The "slow shit" doesn't occupy HALF of the setlist space that it did 5-7 years ago. The Ballad Medley is the ONLY weak link in there in terms of being so soft that it kills the energy of the show. Everything else has its place, and the other issues plaguing the setlist (certain songs that shouldn't be shortened, Crawling being pointless and terrible, SIB/LFY being way too late in Set B) have NOTHING to do with the energy of the song selection.

If you hate the song selection, fine. But don't dance around it by saying the set would magically be better with fucking In My Remains in it instead of In the End, ROFL.

I agree with this. Though I was upset about the shortened songs, I really enjoyed Set A when I saw them on the Carnivores Tour. It was my first time seeing them though, so I probably would have been happy with anything. The sets they are currently playing are very high energy. I wish they would drop Numb, What I've Done, In The End, and New Divide, but let's be honest. These are probably here until the band stops touring, and it's understandable. These were there most popular songs. I do however wish they would go back to having 3 variations to a specific leg of the tour, just like the MTM/ATS era, but know it's more realistic for just 2. Maybe something like this:

HT:

Papercut

One Step Closer

In The End

With You/ POA rotated

By Myself/ A Place For My Head rotated

Meteora:

Faint

Numb

Breaking The Habit/From The Inside rotated

Lying From You/Somewhere I Belong rotated

MTM:

What I've Done

Bleed It Out

No More Sorrow

ATS:

Waiting For The End/ The Catalyst rotated

When They Come For Me/ W & K rotated

Living Things:

Burn It Down

Lost In The Echo/ COG (album version) rotated

THP:

Guilty All The Same

Until It's Gone

Final Masquerade

Rebellion

KTTK

Wastelands/War rotated

ALITS/MTG rotated

This still might not be an ideal setlist, but it has 4 additions of new songs, bringing back APFMH, By Myself, BTH, FTI, NMS, WTCFM, W&K, and The Catalyst. Do all these songs in full, and I feel like it would please a lot of us just through these minor changes. 23 songs in full would be between 90 and 105 minutes probably, just like a normal LP concert.

I remember watching or reading an interview somewhere recently where Brad says that they formed the new setlist so that there would never be a pause in during the show, which was something different for the band to do. So I think the reason we have all these shortened songs and medleys and shit is because they wanted to fit basically every ''big hit'' that they have done in one way or another into the entire set.

I do miss the old days when they didn't play shortened songs and they just performed the songs in full. They started doing shortened songs for the first time at iHeart Radio Music Festival or whatever it was called in 2012, but they didn't start doing it at every show until this cycle... it sucks.

I do understand where people like Mark are coming from when he wants to hear the songs that he loves from Hybrid Theory and Meteora because I feel like that sometimes too when I want to hear them play stuff from Minutes To Midnight or Living Things, which are my favorite LP albums. I would love if they dropped shit for stuff like No More Sorrow, Valentine's Day, In Pieces, Little Things, Qwerty, In My Remains, I'll Be Gone, Victimized, etc. but I don't think that most people at the show would like that very much. I understand why the band wants to play the big singles, but they don't need to make the ENTIRE set full of mostly only singles. They should play In The End, Numb and What I've Done at each and every show, and then alter the rest of the set and play some old fan favorites or stuff from the actual new album. New Divide and Burn It Down are also big hits, but I feel like maybe they could play one of those one night and not play the it the next night, etc.

But at the end of the day, this is LP we are talking about. They aren't going to make albums that we want them to make, and they aren't going to make a set that we want them to make, they're just going to do whatever they want and if people want to come along for the ride, the more the merrier. That has been their attitude since 2007 when they put out Minutes To Midnight.

But seriously, THEY NEED TO ADD KEYS TO THE KINGDOM TO THE SET FOR THE UPCOMING US TOUR. PLEASE LP.

It was just a few songs and an interview with Mike and Chester. For some reason they chose to air a few of the shortened songs and Mike and Joe's solos. Not a bad show, but nothing new.

By any chances was Rebellion in the broadcast ?