Guitar Center Sessions Broadcast 12/5

hahninator

Again, LP's GCS performance is on Audience Channel HD 239, Monday, December 29th at 7.00 a.m. EST, and Friday, January 2nd at 6.30 a.m. EST. So, we need someone from the people that record shows on daily basis (like a Scene Release Group - one of those who release daily TV shows)... We need someone with a hardware capable of recording from DVR and transfering to PC. Com'on Santa, make us happy!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, LP's GCS performance is on Audience Channel HD 239, Monday, December 29th at 7.00 a.m. EST, and Friday, January 2nd at 6.30 a.m. EST. So, we need someone from the people that record shows on daily basis (like a Scene Release Group - one of those who release daily TV shows)... We need someone with a hardware capable of recording from DVR and transfering to PC. Com'on Santa, make us happy!

If Santa can get through the DirecTV restrictions..

There's always a way, you just need to know the right people with the right equipment. We have tons of other stuff from encrypted tv channels, what makes it extra hard with directv is that they have their own hardware that is totally locked down. What I don't get is that no one was even able to do a dvd recording of it.

As much as I want this I highly disagree that someone buys the $200+ equipment just to get this transfered. This takes a lot more effort than I thought, I guess we have to keep looking for the right person to get it done.

Even if you use an external drive or remove the drive from the DVR, it just won't work.

There's always a way, you just need to know the right people with the right equipment. We have tons of other stuff from encrypted tv channels, what makes it extra hard with directv is that they have their own hardware that is totally locked down. What I don't get is that no one was even able to do a dvd recording of it.

As much as I want this I highly disagree that someone buys the $200+ equipment just to get this transfered. This takes a lot more effort than I thought, I guess we have to keep looking for the right person to get it done.

Even if you use an external drive or remove the drive from the DVR, it just won't work.

Unfortunately, you're right :(

I don't see how purchasing $150-200 equipment is a big deal. Especially between so many people. The quality of the content justifies the expense IMO.

Unfortunately, I'm broke right now or in the next 2-6 months :P

Edit: at one point when I was trying to make a WEB-DL of this, I managed to save a file with the source info of the VOD... I saw in the INFO two links different from what I've accessed through DirecTV website. I tried my best, but no success. Anybody know if we can make a WEB-DL with those links ? I used at one point HDS Link Detector, but as I've mentioned before, there was no success.

Edited by AlexAndr0nic

Unfortunately, I'm broke right now or in the next 2-6 months :P

Edit: at one point when I was trying to make a WEB-DL of this, I managed to save a file with the source info of the VOD... I saw in the INFO two links different from what I've accessed through DirecTV website. I tried my best, but no success. Anybody know if we can make a WEB-DL with those links ? I used at one point HDS Link Detector, but as I've mentioned before, there was no success.

Have you tried to spot the m3u8 file? (with tools like: firefox's built in inspector, URLSnooper, etc..) ffmpeg might be download that, using the following command:

ffmpeg -i "URL OF M3U8 FILE" -c copy my_webcast_rip.ts

http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcdTIDHm4KM

Edited by LPMaskMan

Have you tried to spot the m3u8 file? (with tools like: firefox's built in inspector, URLSnooper, etc..) ffmpeg might be download that, using the following command:

ffmpeg -i "URL OF M3U8 FILE" -c copy my_webcast_rip.ts

http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcdTIDHm4KM

I'll give it a try

Edit: I tried - there's no m3u8 file - nothing that can help. I used TubeDigger, the video started but was unable do Record/DL anything. DirecTV on demand uses their personal player... so, I think the stream is encrypted. In the end, for me is a waste of time, or maybe for anybody. I ensure that the VoDrip v2 is the best thing out there so far, unless anybody from U.S. is able to transfer a DVR copy to PC or make a screen recording using Windows Media Encoder. It's a waste of time, unfortunately !!!

Edited by AlexAndr0nic

I forgot where I read it but besides the HDMI capture card you also need a device that removes the HDCP encryption from the HDMI signal. These are illegal, not that it matters lol, I saw that you can even buy one on Amazon, no link sorry I'd have to look it up, it just doesn't say in the official description that it's able to do that, that's another $50-60 I think.

The encryption in both the VOD and TV is the thing what makes it all a true pain in the ass.

I forgot where I read it but besides the HDMI capture card you also need a device that removes the HDCP encryption from the HDMI signal. These are illegal, not that it matters lol, I saw that you can even buy one on Amazon, no link sorry I'd have to look it up, it just doesn't say in the official description that it's able to do that, that's another $50-60 I think.

The encryption in both the VOD and TV is the thing what makes it all a true pain in the ass.

That might be work, but we need only a people who recorded it and has capture card and HDCP stripper gadget.

• 9 months later...

I can access it via their website so can someone recommend a great recording program I can use to record it? We can try that way. It's apparently region restricted too so international fans can't see it online. Wow.

Try bandicam.

It supports record in lossless and then you can use megui to encode it.