Guitar Center Sessions Broadcast 12/5

hahninator

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck! Jordan Firari from LPL FB page said that he recorded the broadcast the VOD this morning and it seemed to me that he knew what the BIG problem may be, so you're not alone in this. Fingers crossed!

Edit 1. I was wondering that perhaps you have a TV that has a USB port for memory sticks and so on that enables you to record the show from TV as it plays from DVR.

Edited by AlexAndr0nic

The first thing you mentioned doesn't work. USB is plugged in but no way to transfer it. However I do have a smart TV in another room (not the room with the DVR that recorded the episode). I'll try to access it on that TV (even if I have to move the DVR) and see what I can do.

The Smart TV is a Vizio and lets you access content already on the USB but there doesn't seem to be a way to record TO it. Damn.

I wonder if there is a way to use HDMI to get the feed from the receiver to show on a computer and record it that way.

The first thing you mentioned doesn't work. USB is plugged in but no way to transfer it. However I do have a smart TV in another room (not the room with the DVR that recorded the episode). I'll try to access it on that TV (even if I have to move the DVR) and see what I can do.

The Smart TV is a Vizio and lets you access content already on the USB but there doesn't seem to be a way to record TO it. Damn.

I wonder if there is a way to use HDMI to get the feed from the receiver to show on a computer and record it that way.

Searching things on the net a crossed about connecting PC with DVR via HDMI. I'll search, meanwhile, I have to not let my cooking burn :)

Edit. I also read (I think) about enabling that USB port to transfer on memory stick.

Edited by AlexAndr0nic

Searching things on the net a crossed about connecting PC with DVR via HDMI or S-Video (the last one seemed to be most successful, although the video quality is limited at about 400p (no HD), . I'll search, meanwhile, I have to not let my cooking burn :)

Edit. I also read (I think) about enabling that USB port to transfer on memory stick.

Edit 2. USB stick must be capable of speeds > 10 MBbit/s and must have at least some 32 GB capacity. Format stick FAT32 or TV's format.

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/iManuals/eng/HX72x/ft_usbrec_europe.html

You need the following three things to record the tv on the external Hard drive:-

USB Recording: A HDTV that supports recording.

A USB HDD: FlatpanelsHD uses a USB HDD from Transcend.

Digital channels: Recording is only enabled on digital channels – not analog. You can record SD, HD and 3D.

HOW TO SET UP USB RECORDING

Once you have purchased a USB hard drive and connected it on the back of the TV you can move on to “pairing” the USB HDD with the TV. Here is how to set up USB recording.

"Connect the USB HDD to a free USB port on the back of the TV.

The USB hard drive now needs to be formatted (all data will be deleted).

Most TVs help you to format the USB HDD automatically but on some models you need to enter the menu and select format HDD (or something similar)."

DVR -> HDMI -> PC (what DVR do you have ? maybe we got the direct answers, although I didn't find any positive one: 99% of the answers involve a 3rd party hardware that costs some money )

So we have S-Video thing:

http://www.ambery.com/usb20avvicav.html

Fingers crossed!

Edited by AlexAndr0nic

So that VOD online file was the stream file or screen recording?

This 5 gb mp4 file was a screen recording.

Damn this site sucks so bad I can't even watch it maybe because of my location but even with several proxys and vpn stuff.

Since the site is using it's own web player it's very hard to catch the stream - for now.

Funny thing is they are about to show highlights from Download Festival 2014 (2014-12-26).

And they did the same with Sonisphere 2009.

Whatever let's try on.....

Just a suggestion...

But with so many people who are wanting a high quality copy of this - why don't we put together a fund to have a good HDMI to PC capture device bought and sent to Hahninator's place (if he is okay with that)?

I know I'd happily drop $50 into that fund... so I can't imagine it would take long to get the money needed.

DVR model?

DirecTV HD DVR HR24-100

I like the idea of sending something my way but let's see if we can get it without the monetary cost first. Surely it's possible to transfer the recording.

Sorry guys, I don't have much time today or tomorrow to work on this. Sunday I will be back at it again. Keep posting recommendations, etc though :)

Coming up in a couple of hours with VoDRip v2 720p with the audio as good as we can get from VoD. I think that from outside U.S. this is the best anyone can do with this stream. This time there are no glitches!

After searching and testing at least 7 Screen Recorders I finally came across Windows Media Encoder that, for the first time recorded flawless everything I was seeing, except a couple of low FR here and there for 2-3 seconds, but there's no biggie, actually the recording was done at 29.97 fps, any problems that the stream encountered was done by the buffer itself (but is far superior quality A/V than v1 in any way possible - and right now I can really say that from outside U.S. we can't get any better than this - I know what I'm saying!) and the low volume sound, that the VOD has, but it's great! Editing...

So, if we can't get a DVR recording out, I recommend that Hahninator or any other U.S. resident to use Windows Media Encoder (it does a very good job, remember a few posts back I said that using a Screen Recorder is less quality than a WEB-DL, well, I was thinking very seriously to label the v2 release as WEB-DL, but I didn't do that because of the stream going sometimes down to 240p, but if the stream goes flawless in U.S. as it should be, you can use WME no problem and label it WEB-DL!).

Edit 1: enjoy! Copy + Paste the full link!

Gonna sleep two days :)

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Edit 2: maybe someone can/will upload it to Lp-bits, so others may take it and I'll improve my ratio :)

Edit 3: if anybody gonna use Windows Media Encoder, you have to work with the cropping from "video size" tab. I used as it follows: New "Custom sessions" -> Sources tab (Audio - "stereo mix") -> Output tab (check "Archive to file" - create a new filename.wmv) -> Compression tab (Destination "File download <<computer playback>>), Video ("High definition quality video - 5 mbps VBR), Audio ("High definition quality audio CBR) -> Edit tab (Video CBR), Video size tab (crop "custom" top 12, bottom 12), for my computer screen that has an aspect ratio of 16:10 (1.6), so the program does not record the black bars - only the video).

Edited by AlexAndr0nic