2014.11.07 - Amsterdam, Netherlands (LPU Summit #12)

hahninator

The fourth show of the European Tour is a special one as Linkin Park returns to the Netherlands to perform in Amsterdam for the first time since September 24, 2001! In case you weren't counting, that's 4,792 days ago. And what a better way to coincide this cool event than by holding the 12th LPU Summit there on November 7th...which is exactly what Linkin Park is doing.

Linkin Park has actually performed in the Netherlands a few times before, but it is often skipped when they play Europe, especially on headlining tours. In fact, this is the first non-festival headlining appearance they've had in the country since they were touring for Hybrid Theory. This show, at Ziggo Dome, will be their first arena show in the Netherlands and if the setlist trend continues (B, A, B, A, B, A, etc), then Amsterdam will get Setlist A.

Their first show in the Netherlands actually came in Amsterdam, when they opened for the Deftones that March, and they returned in September to headline the same venue (Heinekin Music Hall). While they were set to return to play Pinkpop in Landgraaf in 2003, the entire tour was canceled and therefore the band didn't return for Pinkpop until 2007. Pinkpop got another show on the Living Things World Tour in 2012 and that has been the latest show in the country. Amsterdam will be their third show in the city of Amsterdam but only their fifth show in the Netherlands.

The 12th LPU Summit will be held at this show, following the two that were held earlier this year in Darien Center, NY and Woodlands, TX. This is the first year that three LPU Summits have been held in the same calendar year since 2011, when Chicago, Hamburg, and Tokyo all had a Summit. At both of the Summits earlier this year, fans were treated to an acoustic performance of Final Masquerade and were able to participate in the usual Summit activities (stage walk, auction, bacsktage tour, M&G, etc). Mike also threw verse one of Reading My Eyes over the intro of Bleed It Out in Darien Center, NY for Summit #10.

Who will be heading to the Summit? We've seen some fans on social media that flew over from the United States for the show and we assume many from all across Europe, especially Germany, will be in attendance as well.

In other news, LPU XIV is launching soon...presumably in the next week or two weeks. The laminate has already gone on sale in Köln for 20€. As you can see, it features artwork by James Jean, who did the artwork for The Hunting Party. Lastly, it seems like the 13th LPU Summit will be held on February 12, 2015 in Calgary, AB. Don't plan your trip quite yet until it's confirmed, but the method used to determine the Summits (aka which shows don't have the deluxe ticket packages for sale) has proven to be accurate as of late.

After this show, Linkin Park has a day off before the tour continues in Oberhausen, Germany on the 9th. This will be their first show ever in that city and will be the third of nine German shows in November. Hamburg follows the day after that with ten more shows remaining on the tour after Hamburg. You can find the rest of the 2014 tour dates here and the 2015 dates here.

Show Page Notes

Date: November 7, 2014

Venue: Ziggo Dome
Show #: 4 of 16
Other Bands: Of Mice & Men

Soundcheck Setlist:

1. Burn It Down (Faster Tempo; w/ Different Beat)

2. A Place For My Head

SETLIST:

01. Mashup Intro #2

02. Guilty All The Same

03. Given Up

04. Points Of Authority

05. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

06. Blackout (Shortened; Instrumental)

07. Papercut (Shortened)

08. Rebellion

09. Runaway (Shortened; 'Wastelands' Transition Outro)

10. Wastelands

11. Castle Of Glass (Experience Version; w/ ATS Interlude Speeches)

12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent
13. Robot Boy (Shortened)
14. Joe Solo Medley
15. Burn It Down
16. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro; Wall Of Noise Outro)
17. Final Masquerade
18. Mike Solo Medley (w/ Joe) (w/ Skin To Bone Remix)
19. Numb (Numb/Encore Intro/Outro)
20. In The End
21. Faint (w/ Austin Carlile; Ext. Outro)
----------------------------------------------------
22. Lost In The Echo (Shortened)
23. New Divide (Shortened)
24. Crawling (Shortened; w/ Faster Tempo)
25. Until It's Gone (Shortened)
26. What I've Done (Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)

27. Reading My Eyes (Verse 1 Acapella)
28. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge w/ Drum Solo + The Catalyst Refrain)

- The 12th LPU Summit was held before this show. At the soundcheck, the band performed 'Burn It Down' with a faster tempo, as well as a different beat, and a full performance of 'A Place For My Head'.

- Austin Carlile from Of Mice & Men came out to perform 'Faint' with the band. While this was the first time on tour that he came out, he did so back on the Carnivores Tour on the 9.15.14 Los Angeles, CA date.

- Mike rapped the first verse of 'Reading My Eyes' a capella style before the intro of 'Bleed It Out' started.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am going!! I couldnt make the summit because of school :(

Hoping for something special

And a tiny question: my ticket says 20:00 the concert will start, does it mean that LP starts playing or OM&M? If LP starts then, then I will have to hurry through my HUGE country down to Amsterdam! :P

I'll be there as well! Really excited to see them cause from the videos I've seen from the past shows of this tour they sound absolutely great! Last show I went to was in 2010, couldn't make it to the pinkpop 2012 show because of exams unfortunately. Ziggo Dome is a nice venue with good acoustics, really looking forward to the show!

Set A tonight: https://twitter.com/jonaslpl/status/530757656534089728

Also, Phoenix confirmed that Keys To The Kingdom and A Line In The Sand might be rehearsed for the next US tour because they didn't have enough time to rehearse anything for this tour:
https://twitter.com/jonaslpl/status/530757778156310528

https://twitter.com/jonaslpl/status/530759231591698434

Also, no other US tour planned after the upcoming one to not overplay big markets:
https://twitter.com/jonaslpl/status/530758088677404672

Am I the only person that won't be there? lol. Seems like everyone made the trip for this one. Paging nkramar....why are we not in Amsterdam?

Because you guys are getting the better setlists next year I bet..

EDIT:
APFMH AT SUMMIT SOUNDCHECK! http://instagram.com/p/vGz7mwMyER/

Edited by sckofelng

A PLACE FOR MY HEAD SOUNDCHECKED.

Hoooooly foook this is awesome. And with Phoenix mentioning ALITS for the next tour, things are looking better and better

Don't get your hopes too high. This is coming from a band that said they wanted to play ATS in full live (never happened), made Living Things an album to be played live (ended up playing only half of it), a band that came up with a "visceral" sound different from what's on the radio (and released the two ballads as singles), a ''carnivores' tour with a set full of radio friendly songs, and a long etc.

Phoenix 'reason' to not play new stuff on this tour is just an excuse for laziness. None of the LP stuff is technically challenging so if they wanted, they could play pretty much anything from their catalogue without even rehearsing (but they would probably tell you they can't because they need to figure out the lights, pyro, screens, etc that go with every song, which is, for me, another excuse. I don't give a fuck if they play an entire set with no lights or 1000 LED screens on the stage as long as the songs they play are all badass. /endrant

Just want to point out, APFMH was also on the set for a summit in the US. Just because it's being soundchecked doesn't mean it'll be played.

Pretty sure that wasn't true. We learned later that a certain man was just kidding around.

Don't get your hopes too high. This is coming from a band that said they wanted to play ATS in full live (never happened), made Living Things an album to be played live (ended up playing only half of it), a band that came up with a "visceral" sound different from what's on the radio (and released the two ballads as singles), a ''carnivores' tour with a set full of radio friendly songs, and a long etc.

I'm a little more expectant of this because this will an entirely new leg of the tour, and this time it is Phoenix talking instead of Mike, who talks out of his ass, or Chester, who just says whatever comes to his mind. I'm sure there will be a different setlist for US 2015, but I'm HOPING for new songs like ALITS.