2014.11.07 - Amsterdam, Netherlands (LPU Summit #12)

hahninator

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Amazing show. They nailed it from the first second till the last,

I don't know how it was on other places in the venue, but where I was the public was really loud and going completely crazy, with moshpits where it was possible (even on Castle of Glass haha).

Hopefully we won't be skipped again next tour. ;)

Some asked Mike in the Summit to play Reading My Eyes so he did that at the start of Bleed It Out. Charlie Austin joined Chester for the grunts. I didn't find anything moreunusual for the show notes.

I was the one who asked Mike to do RME. He was signing my LPU CD and I said "Hey you think you could do the first verse of Reading my Eyes, or a tease somethin" and he was like yeah we can manage that. I spent the whole concert with that thought in my head and It

Thought that it was gonna happen when he dedicated Papercut to the LPU, but I knew that was it when he gave that little speech about the Summit in the encore. I'm so freaking happy! RME is my favorite LP song and I spent the whole day muttering it to myself so when Mike was there I just asked! I also loved when Mike got somebody's beanie during RTN, I think it was Lorenzo's, not sure!

Edited by tonirali

Just came back from the concert, And it was absolutely incredible. The summit was awesome, They played Burn it down Reggae style haha! And they played APFMH in full for us, Hardly any mistakes during the concert, loved the reading my eyes intro over bleed it out

THE CROWD WAS SO LOUD and ACTIVE!! TOTALLY TOOK ME WITH THEM, Band couldnt stop smiling, Chester let us sing both chorusses of crawling without him singing.

Had the time of my life

Had a great experience at the Summit, met great people. Certain things could have handled a little better, but I can't complain. Wasn't able to get Rob's autographh, since he randomly went back during the "Meet and Greet".Loved to see APFMH and BIT (Reggae-ish) during the Summit. I had a BLAST during the concert.

Honestly, some things really suprised me yesterday and other things were confirmed.

Biggest surprise for me was the encore. I disliked it from the second I saw the setlist, but when you're actually at the concert it works out really well. I got tired of Crawling over the last few years, but damn... It still gets the crowd crazy, and even this faster version sounded extremely well. New Divide has the same story. My sincere apologies to Crawling, Numb and WID (songs that I personally got tired of, but really were highlights yesterday)

Things that got confirmed: I can understand Linkin Park wants to satisfy the old fans AND the new fans, and their material from ATS and LT shows some of their skills and their grow over the last decade. But in fact it just doesn't work out well. Well, let me say yesterday, I don't know how it is at other concerts. They performed those songs really great (Best performance of BID to date if you ask me), but the crowd got bored. People stopped singing (except the front row), people were going to the toilets, get beer, were having a talk... I would call it a disaster for such a great band as LP.

Literally all the reviews here in Holland complained about that: they destroyed the huge energy they've build earlier in the concert untill the Ballad medley. Really, Burn it Down, WFTE really fucked the atmosphere. They have a lot of good softer songs, that show their skills, but they should make a choice. COG, Ballad Medley, Robot Boy, BID, WFTE all after eachother is way too much, and kills the atmosphere. I don't care which softer songs they choose, but really, 2 slow songs maximum at a time. Luckily from Numb on the atmosphere was back again.

To summarize the Dutch reviews for you: Amazing show, they were on fire. Great energy, great crowd, but a huge fail (not my words) about the part that we know as ACT III. And some complained about the rush in the setlist. Shortened songs (which is good for some, but most songs were flopped because of that), no time to speak to the audience etc. Overall they are quite positive. Some reviews that I used:

http://www.nu.nl/muziek/3923636/linkin-park-kort-nummers-stevig-in-tijdens-concert-ziggo-dome.html

http://www.roarezine.nl/2014/11/08/linkin-park-ziggo-dome-amsterdam/

http://lflmagazine.nl/concertrecensies/linkin-park-ziggo-dome

Not saying that I agree with these reviews, but maybe you'll find it interesting to read what journalists and writers have to say about their great performance.

Wow, I didn't expect those surprises, especially APFMH and BID with a different style at the summit. Finally something different, even if small things, but good. They should do it more often. Unfortunately I think there won't be other surprises in this tour, unless they realize that for 9 German shows they should better do something a little bit different.

I agree with Kruspe. I loved the show because I finally saw them for the first time, but the high energy from the start tempered when the ballad medley started and the middle section. The medley is okay, but they could have played an other midtempo song in that place. Burn It Down sounded great live, because the guitars weren't mixed to the back like on the album. It was also good to hear that Chester finally sang this song and LOATR rightfully, after the bad performances when they started to play these songs. Brad was at times being interactive with the crowd, but he played the guitar on PoA and Burn It Down like he wasn't really interested., though I get that a bit since they aren't very hard songs to play. I found it also a pity that the crowd got a bit uninterested about three quarters in. And that few people jumped on Bleed It Out, which is THE party song. As my final criticism, I missed the band talking to the crowd. They just played the songs. He longest talk was when Mike talked about RME.

It's incredible to see that Mike remembers the lyric of Reading My Eyes. I think the last time they played this song was in 2006, right? How can he remember if he doesn't listen this song every week like us?

Last time in full was 2008. He did the verse over Bleed It Out in 2013 and 2011. Earlier this year in Darien Center too, I think.

The whole day was so much fun and full of surprises :)

I don't like Burn It Down that much but I love the reggae version of it.

A big shout out to Lorenzo & Lulu. They are so nice and they took care for every single person at the summit!

Thank you LPU for this great day :)

It's incredible to see that Mike remembers the lyric of Reading My Eyes. I think the last time they played this song was in 2006, right? How can he remember if he doesn't listen this song every week like us?

He wrote it, so probably a listen or two makes it all come back to him pretty quickly.