2014.08.08 - West Palm Beach, FL, Cruzan Amphitheatre

I wonder if chesters foot will make them cancel shows, probably not knowin Chester.

This is coming from the same guy who feel a considerable amount from the ground and broke his wrist and continued to play the entire show and then the entire tour, as well as the same guy who fell through a window and needed 21 stitches in his arm and still played the show the next day. I highly doubt his foot will make him cancel shows, but you never know. Now I'm kind of worried, I spent a lot of money on this tour (4 shows + summit) and I really hope they don't cancel anything.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to make a little bit of a PSA right now:

Please do not discuss Chester's injury. We do not know where/what injury he sustained. Whatever it is, it was not what caused the show to be delayed. We have to respect their privacy and wish them the best. Whatever happened, happened. Chester was in legitimate pain and it's clear that the band was having a rough night. Discuss the setlist, the performances, etc. Just do not delve too deeply into these private matters.

That is all.

Please do not discuss Chester's injury. We do not know where/what injury he sustained. Whatever it is, it was not what caused the show to be delayed. We have to respect their privacy and wish them the best. Whatever happened, happened. Chester was in legitimate pain and it's clear that the band was having a rough night. Discuss the setlist, the performances, etc. Just do not delve too deeply into these private matters.

That is all.

Staff Mode Activated.

That is all

There are many including myself that have paid a lot of money to go and see them. Its relevant if he is hurt and might not be able to play. I guess since you know that his injury did not cause the delay. You could release that information and quash the talk about his injury.

That is all.

We've literally never been told not to discuss it any of the other 4,639 times Chester's been injured. Well, except maybe on the LPU/LP.com, but I think we've always made it a point not to aspire to their level of bullshit.

I could totally understand if Chester and Talinda were getting divorced, or someone in the band was getting divorced, if one of the band members children were injured, etc. but telling us that we aren't allowed to discuss a possible ''injury'' is pathetic. For God's sake, LPTV even has released EPISODES about Chester getting injured at shows (2007 broken wrist, 2007 tennis lip cut, 2011 injured foot, 2014 back issue with Brad, etc). LOL.

Let's just respect his privacy and be supportive of what ever's going on :)

Perhaps saying not to discuss it is going a little far, I apologize for that. Just be sure to not take things too far. Chester's injury is most likely a back injury, but let's wait until some confirmation to thoroughly discuss the matter.

Discuss away no problem here, talk about it all day. He looked like he was about to cry on Crawling. He limped off the stage afterward. He was on the micstand all show. Looked like he had a bad time.

Worst LP show I've ever seen tonight. Wonder what happened to Chester.

Set should have been like:

OSC
Papercut in full
Blackout partial
Rebellion
Wastelands
GATS
Waiting for the end w/ apaches
Numb encore
Mike solo
In the end
Faint
-----
Until it's gone w/ long intro
Lost in the echo full
What I've done
Bleed it out

The crowd who was attending an LP-headlined show had no idea what the heavily promoted lead single off LP's latest album was? I know 30STM and AFI played as well, but damn...

I hope nothing too serious happened with anyone in the band's personal life. It seems like in addition to the show starting late and the crowd apparently sucking, the band's collective head wasn't in the game entirely either. Every band has off-shows, hopefully whatever the issue was can be resolved fully so LP can perform at a higher level from here on out.

Edited by Justin

Well here are some comments of casual fans:

''Linkin Park put on a hell of a show''

''concert was so awesome words can't even describe it''

''Such amazing energy! Seeing @linkinpark live for the first time!''

''wo thumbs up @linkinpark. High energy performance.''

So they still managed to do a decent show, I understand Mark, being a hardcore fan and getting that set would be a great let down.. I still want to know what happened to Chester, I will support him no matter what.. the dude is my idol I deserve to know what's going on with him, all my positive energy to Chester!

Don't act like WBSoul again.. Soulish.

_______

Most wanted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snVKmBx1VOo

I was really worried about Mike singing this song live, but the dude nailed it! also Brad sounded awesome, there you go for those who thought that LP couldn't play this song! Chester did an awesome job too!

Edited by LIИKIИ JŽЁ

I deserve to know what's going on with him

I personally think Chester would appreciate your concern, but disagree with this part of your post lol. He's still a human with a private life after all. I'm intrigued and curious too, but if he truly doesn't want to make public what the issue was, I'll understand.

Not to get into anyone's personal life, I hope Chester is okay. Obviously something went wrong, if the band was more than 40 minutes late, and that tweet he posted. Let's hope everything's okay with him. On another note, decent setlist considering the amount of time they played.

All the best wishes to Chester, whatever happened. Hopefully they don't have to cancel any shows.

I just watched the Rebellion video. I absolutely love this song, even more after watching the video. It sounded great to me.

I'm praying that they'll keep it in the set for Europe later this year.

On the way to the show. Huge floor today.

Hope we get the full set. But Chester will still be on the micstand I guess.

They really need to change the setlist. GATS opening really is not good. Awesome song but no one knows it. Do like OSC into GATS just to simply make it better. OSC into wastelands. Who knows. And yes I am not joking, GATS had the place looking like PMA piano. Very awkward because the intro is quiet and no one knows it.

Whole set needs to be changed around.

Crawling is a faster tempo but it's slower than Europe. It's a little bit faster than studio.

Yeah, but people not knowing GATS just shows how many people at a show are casual fans, that's why LP play this type of set list, as there is not a lot of hardcore LP fans per show, so they cater to the main audience witch is casual fans,so they will always play the main hits sadly and not songs the hardcore fans wanna see

Edited by HAARP