2014.08.08 - West Palm Beach, FL, Cruzan Amphitheatre

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, here's the rundown for exactly what the fuck went down last night.

9:20 is when the band usually always hits the stage. The crowd is left standing there til 10:05 when the show finally starts. A solid two hours after 30STM ended their set. Nobody knew what was going on. I am a big fan of this new intro with the drums for GATS building up more and more but then the song starts and it is so damn quiet. Sounds like speakers broke or something. They need to change that, not a fan of how quiet the start is. Song gets fully underway but absolutely nobody in that crowd had any idea what the song was. Everyone was standing still. Song ends, Mike comes out and apologizes for the long wait, they go straight into OSC and the place goes off like a bomb. Blackout rolls in and nobody knows what's happening. Papercut comes in and people are excited again but shortening that song is a horrible decision. Nobody knows what's going on during Rebellion or Robot Boy or Joe's solo. BID sets the place off again , WFTE sounds fantastic. Mike's solo is my favorite part of this set, sounds awesome. Crowd completely loses their shit for Numb, ITE, Faint in a row. Faint ends at 11:00 on the dot so we figure the show is over so the band doesn't have to pay the fine for going over curfew. Chester walks out after awhile and apologizes for the delay and that nothing hurts him more than making the fans wait for a show. He says there is a reason they were late but that he wasn't going to go into details. After another couple minutes Crawling starts, then that god awful placement of the random With You verse, UIG (also stupid to shorten it), WID, BIO. People in the pit tell us that Chester hurt his back. It's definitely noticeable in videos, he looks like he's in terrible shape. Limped off the stage really slowly at the end of the show.

Really hope that he gets to feeling better soon, he was going nuts at the rehearsal so this is pretty disappointing. I imagine they might shorten the set the exact same way they did last night if he's not feeling up to it. The full version of this set needs some serious revisions. If you're going to shorten songs, shorten the hits that all casual fans wanna hear and play the jams in full. How in the hell are you gonna shorten UIG but keep BID and Numb in full? I really just don't know what the band is thinking right now.

Pretty bad setlist. I don't see how this is a high energy 'visceral' show. Too many singles. Shortened songs is ridiculous. Never heard of a band doing that before. Intro + joe solo + mike solo + robot boy interlude + blackout interlude crap = play instead 2 or 3 full songs. They destroyed castle of glass. They rehearsed by myself , forgotten and pushing for the download festival show, so they could for instance rotate those songs, that'd be a cool thing. They can add one or two more THP songs (aren't carnivores and hunting party basically the same idea?). I can't believe they shortened UIG. So there you go .. They can play a 22 song set with 14 singles, one or two 'rare' songs being rotated, and 6 THP songs. /endrant

I wonder if the band knows what is going on in his fanbase or simply thinks that the fan really loves this set.

The band is contraddicting themselves by the way. This set is for "herbivores tour".

Edited by HyruleKing

the setlist should be something like this

01 . The Catalyst / The Requiem (Mashup Intro)
02 . Guilty All The Same
03 . Given Up
04 . With You
05 . Papercut
06 . Points Of Authority
07 . Rebellion
08 . MR HAHN Solo Medley
09 . War
10 . Wastelands
11 . Until's It's Gone
12 . Caste Of Glass (MOH Version)
13 . What I've Done
14 . Waiting For The End (w / Until It Breaks RAP V1)
15 . Mike Solo Medley
16 . Numb (Numb/Encore Intro/Outro + Verse 1 Guitar)
17 . Breaking The Habit (short Piano Version)
18 . In The End (Keyboard Intro)
19 . A Place For My Head
20 . One Step Closer
---------------------------------------
21 . Drawbar
22 . Final Masquerade
23 . Burn It Down (Abbreviated)
24 . New Divide (Abbreviated)
25 . Lost In The Echo (Full Version)
26 . Bleed It Out
27 . Faint (ext outro)

Crawling was definitely NOT played at its normal tempo. Sounds like it was exactly the same speed it has been. It also went Chorus 1 > Verse 1 > Last Chorus/Outro. You can hear that the With You verse doesn't actually go over the Crawling outro, it comes in immediately afterward. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xylv7BWnQM

Edited by Astat

• 2 weeks later...

Crawling was definitely NOT played at its normal tempo. Sounds like it was exactly the same speed it has been. It also went Chorus 1 > Verse 1 > Last Chorus/Outro. You can hear that the With You verse doesn't actually go over the Crawling outro, it comes in immediately afterward. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xylv7BWnQM

Wow you are right, it is indeed over the UIG stuff. I legit thought at the rehearsal when I was outside listening that it was over the Crawling instrumental beat but I guess it's indeed UIG. Good catch.