2014.08.08 - West Palm Beach, FL, Cruzan Amphitheatre

On August 8, Linkin Park embarks on the highly-anticipated Carnivores Tour with Thirty Seconds To Mars and AFI in West Palm Beach, Florida at the Cruzan Amphitheater. This will be the band's first time playing in Florida since the A Thousand Suns World Tour, where they kicked off their North American Tour in Sunrise 2011. The band was set to return to the state later that year to wrap up the tour in Pensacola, but that show ended up being cancelled due to shoulder surgery that Chester had had that prevented him from touring. This will be the fifth time Linkin Park has performed in West Palm Beach (previously in 2001, 2004, 2007, and 2008). Additionally, this will be the band's second time returning to the Cruzan Amphitheatre, the first time being in 2008, where Chris Cornell joined the band onstage for 'Crawling'.

On the 6th, the band played a private production rehearsal for lucky radio winners and LPU members at which the band performed a new version of their previous setlist, adding 'Rebellion' and 'Final Masquerade', as well as a new show intro, 'Session/The Requiem/Guilty All The Same' into the setlist, and adding a few intros and outros too, such as Crawling's new outro, featuring the first verse of 'With You'! With the addition of the two new songs, the band is now performing five songs from their new album, The Hunting Party! Another welcome surprise was over Mike's new solo medley, where he rapped the second verse of 'When They Come For Me' for the first time! What other verses do you think would go well? So far, he's done his verse from the Nick Catchdubs remix of 'Skin To Bone' from Recharged, the first and second verses of When They Come For Me, and the first verse of 'Hands Held High'.

For those who aren't big fans of the setlist, you might be in for a disappointment in hoping the setlist changes: the band has confirmed that they won't be playing multiple setlists this tour. Keep your fingers crossed that they end up adding some variations on this tour! On their 2010 European Tour, the band read a thread here on LPLive about fans complaining about not changing their sets, the band started rotating 'Papercut' and 'The Messenger' with 'Lying From You' and 'Leave Out All The Rest', respectively, with no rehearsal of those songs whatsoever! Awesome! So if you want LP to change their sets, all you have to do is complain!

Who's going to the show? Are you excited to see the new THP songs live? This will be the true live debut of 'Rebellion', 'Final Masquerade', and the new intro, so be pumped for that! Additionally, Rakim has two one-off performances lined up in Florida, both around the same area as the show. Maybe he'll come out during Guilty All The Same? The LPLive Crew are heading to the show, as well as the next eight. Stop by the Music For Relief booth and say hi to them! Be sure to check out AFI and Thirty Seconds To Mars, too!

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2014 touring schedule here.

Show Page Notes

Date: August 8, 2014
Venue: Cruzan Amphitheatre
Tour: Carnivores Tour

Other Bands: 30 Seconds To Mars, AFI
Show #1 of 25

SETLIST:
1. Session/The Requiem/Guilty All The Same/The Catalyst (Mashup Intro)

2. Guilty All The Same

3. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

4. Blackout (Shortened (Intro and Partial Outro Instrumental Only); Ext. Papercut Beat Outro Transition)

5. Papercut (Shortened (No Second Verse or Second Chorus))

6. Rebellion

7. Robot Boy (Shortened (Intro, Synth Bridge, and Ending Instrumental Only))

8. Joe Solo Medley (w/ Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)

9. Burn It Down

10. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' Verse 2; Wall Of Noise Outro)

11. Final Masquerade

12. Mike Solo Medley (w/ Joe) (w/ Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name, Skin To Bone Remix; Ext. Outro Transition)

13. Numb (Numb/Encore Intro/Outro + Verse 1 Guitar)

14. In The End

15. Faint (Ext. Outro)

----------------------------------------------------
16. Crawling (Shortened (No Second Verse and Second Chorus); Outro w/ With You Verse 1)
17. Until It's Gone (Shortened (No Second Verse and Second Chorus))
18. What I've Done (Short Ticking Intro; Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)

19. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Drum Solo + The Catalyst Refrain; Ext. Ending)

Show Notes:
- The band played an abbreviated setlist due to the show starting very late.

- Joe's solo portion of the show featured parts of 'Wretches And Kings', the 'Victimized' M. Shinoda remix from Recharged, 'Session', 'Buy Myself' (Marilyn Manson Remix), 'Cure For the Itch', and 'Plc.4 Mie Haed' from Reanimation.

- Mike's solo portion of the show featured the first verse of 'Wretches And Kings', a sped up chorus of 'Remember The Name' (by Fort Minor), and Mike's verse from the 'Skin To Bone' Nick Catchdubs remix from Recharged. The instrumental of the medley incorporated part of 'Wretches And Kings', part of the 'Skin To Bone' remix, part of 'Remember The Name', and part of 'In My Remains'.

- Before the band went offstage after 'Faint', the samples for the 'Until It's Gone' extended intro played briefly.

- Chester came out onstage during the encore break to apologize for being very late. He didn't say why there was such a big delay, but said it was for a "good reason."

- For the first time on the tour outside of Download, Crawling was performed at it's regular tempo. Mike rapped the first verse of 'With You' over the instrumental outro.

- During the bridge of 'Bleed It Out', Rob performed a drum solo before the band sang a refrain from 'The Catalyst'.

- By the end of the show, Chester had hurt his foot. Mike and Jim Digby helped him walk across the stage after 'Bleed It Out'.

Other Notes:

- The show was sold out.

- The band was over 40 minutes late. As a result, the setlist was shortened due to a 11:00PM curfew.

- Trailers for Joe's movie, "The Mall" was shown on the screens before the show, featuring previously unreleased songs from the movie, as well as one of the songs we'd previously heard, known as 'Warm Spell'.

My first pre-show post. What did you guys think?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would keep the same setlist, but these are some things that I would've change.

Remove Runaway, New Divide, Crawling/With You and The Ballad Medley

Make Papercut, LITE, and Until Its Gone full songs

Add SOTD, and Iridescent.

That's all!

Nice preshow post Soul! I personally really like the setlist, and I believe that the changes that were made to it for Carnivores are really good as well (except for playing a shortened version of UIG). It's kind of disappointing to know that they wouldn't be doing multiple sets for this tour. Even though, It's hard for me to believe they would be playing the exact same setlist for 25 shows, so I do believe they will be changing it a bit while on the road (drop a song, add a song...).

even when they rotate setlists each show isn't so 'unique'

but you get my point, with no DSPs, they're no longer having to cater (to some tiny degree) to others who weren't there. I mean, wasn't the whole point of the DSP to showcase some of the varied setlists from the 2007/8 tour?

the 2007/2008 were the golden age of DSP's

exactly after that the setlists wasn't so much special and also the sound was a bit too eletronic;

the only good thing was the Honda Civic Tour apart from the awfule mix of Lies Greed Misery

but you get my point, with no DSPs, they're no longer having to cater (to some tiny degree) to others who weren't there. I mean, wasn't the whole point of the DSP to showcase some of the varied setlists from the 2007/8 tour?

The thing is, that may have been true for 2007/2008, but look at every year after that. 2009 had almost no changes besides adding the HHH Verse mid-way through the tour and they weren't going to change their setlist in 2010 if they didn't see LPLive that one day.

How I see it is that the set they have now, while it may seem all over the place, is quite complex. I'm sure production and all the instrumental-related things require a lot of changes throughout the set, and they have some new additions to the crew. I'm sure as time goes on they'll get more and more used to this setlist style and start varying things around.

On their 2010 European Tour, the band read a thread here on LPLive about fans complaining about not changing their sets, the band started rotating 'Papercut' and 'The Messenger' with 'Lying From You' and 'Leave Out All The Rest', respectively, with no rehearsal of those songs whatsoever! Awesome! So if you want LP to change their sets, all you have to do is complain!

how do you know they read a LPL thread? Source?

My first pre-show post. What did you guys think?

It was awesome :) If your name wouldn't be written beside the topic tittle, then I would think it's written by Hahninator

the band has confirmed that they won't be playing multiple setlists this tour.

Source? Jim Digby said that LP have 3 different setlist (according to LPU chat)

Really don't think that the band is playing 3 different sets. Just not enough evidence of it at all.

Probably best to trust Jim on this, he knows his shit when it comes to the setlists more than anybody else on the crew because all of the setlist changes the band makes have to be run by him in order to re-organize the production elements of the entire show. Jim probably had the Carnivores tour setlists before the band was even done touring Europe.

Edited by Astat

Probably best to trust Jim on this, he knows his shit when it comes to the setlists more than anybody else on the crew because all of the setlist changes the band makes have to be run by him in order to re-organize the production elements of the entire show. Jim probably had the Carnivores tour setlists before the band was even done touring Europe.

I am going to go with Jim on this, does anyone know exactly how long ago that chat with him was? If there were 3 at the time, that could have changed. But I can't imagine LP doing only one setlist for the entire tour, when it is the "big one" of this cycle up to this point. Even the band would get tired of doing the same order for all of these shows.

the band has confirmed that they won't be playing multiple setlists this tour.

Source? Jim Digby said that LP have 3 different setlist (according to LPU chat)

This statement makes no sense. You say that band WON'T be playing MULTIPLE setlists this tour.

Then you say there playing 3 setlists. Look up what Multiple means: many, more than 2.

3 is more then 2 so straighten this out for me how many setlists are you trying to say they have?

This statement makes no sense. You say that band WON'T be playing MULTIPLE setlists this tour.

Then you say there playing 3 setlists. Look up what Multiple means: many, more than 2.

3 is more then 2 so straighten this out for me how many setlists are you trying to say they have?

There's are a reason why the first part was in italics, and as to why he asked for a source. Read the pre-show post, then read the part in italics.

It's a quote

Edited by CASTLEOFSASSEXPERIENCE

He was quoting the main post and asking for a source for this information.

There's are a reason why the first part was in italics, and as to why he asked for a source. Read the pre-show post, then read the part in italics.

It's a quote

Ohh, ahahah I get it.. I thought he was saying there won't be multiple sets and the source is Jim said it in the LPU chat that they will play 3 sets. Thanks for clearing it up.

I'm a little bit doubtful of Multiple sets though because in a interview with Billaboard Chester said: "We put some more work into it and kind of smoothed out some of the rough edges and added a couple songs. It's coming along. I feel it's a very solid set. It's got a mix of … basically stuff from every record."

He said it's a very solid set so that means they only worked on one setlist, I hope I'm wrong.