2014.06.07 - Adenau, Germany - Rock am Ring

are u guys aware that steve aoki re-tweeted us?

Screw A OK. Noone gives a shit :P He's just looking for attention haha

edit:

Yeah front row hardcore fans don't know ITE lyrics. Guess wtf is wrong in this picture HAHAHA

Edited by michalangelo

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw A OK. Noone gives a shit :P He's just looking for attention haha

Someone with 2 million Twitter followers is "looking for attention" by retweeting an account with 30,000 followers. Yeah, okay. :rolleyes:

Great performance and looks like the band enjoyed it has as well.

However, the camera work was ridiculous. Director must have OCD or something!

And yeah, I think Mike was possibly on LPLIVE earlier

This was an amazing performance imo! Much better than RIR, and the crowd was insane! Looked like the band had so much fun! Haven't seen them smile like that in a long time and chesters solo run for aplaudse at the end says it all :-D

Yeah, what an amazing show! Great sound, great picture, typically RaR Quality from Germany! :D I'm a little bit pissed because my recorder stops recording during Bleed it Out. Now I have gap in Bleed it Out for like 5 seconds, but hopefully someone will upload the complete HD Version soon! :)

BTW: With this great sound you can here a lot more from all samples, this is why I love it to have a complete show recording from RaR. B )

Edited by Sessin

Someone with 2 million Twitter followers is "looking for attention" by retweeting an account with 30,000 followers. Yeah, okay. :rolleyes:

Damn ASTAT You just don't change over the years. And now it's going to get just worse after You're married :lol: . Chill out from time to time will you? I don't give a shit how many followers he has. I just don't like that dude that's all :P

Chill out from time to time will you? I don't give a shit how many followers he has. I just don't like that dude that's all :P

Lol, You can't expect to NOT get shot down for saying something blatantly false and making yourself look stupid...

This made my day... still laughing lol.

One stodgy dude didn't get it and now You. Wtf is wrong with people these days? :unsure:

Lol, You can't expect to NOT get shot down for saying something blatantly false and making yourself look stupid...

Another one.

Edited by michalangelo

What was the only two things wrong with this show ? The director, focusing the roof camera on band members, instead of the crowd in key moments and the pop-ish songs... but, all in all, it was as great as it possible gets. Good recording coming our way :)

Date: June 7, 2014
Venue: Nürburgring, Adenau, RP
Event: Rock am Ring 2014
Show #5 of 9

1. The Catalyst / The Requiem (Mashup Into)
2. Guilty All The Same
3. Given Up (Ext. Clapping Intro; Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)
4. Points Of Authority (Short Intro)
5. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)
6. Blackout (Shortened (Intro and Partial Outro Instrumental Only); Ext. Papercut Beat Outro Transition)
7. Papercut (Shortened (No Second Verse or Second Chorus))
8. With You (Shortened (No First Chorus or Second Verse))
9. Runaway (Shortened (Intro/First Verse/Chorus Only); Ext. Outro Transition w/ Wastelands V1)
10. Wastelands
11. Castle Of Glass (Experience Version; Piano Transition Outro)
12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
13. Robot Boy (Shortened (Intro, Synth Bridge, and Ending Instrumental Only)
14. Joe Solo Medley (w/ Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)
15. Burn It Down
16. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ Until It Breaks Verse 2; Wall Of Noise Outro)
17. Mike Solo Medley (w/ Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name, Hands Held High; Ext. Outro Transition)
18. Numb (Numb/Encore Intro/Outro + Verse 1 Guitar)
19. In The End
20. Faint (Ext. Outro)
----------------------------------------------------
21. Until It's Gone (Ext. The Catalyst + No More Sorrow + New Divide Mashup Intro; Ext. Outro Transition)
22. A Light That Never Comes (Shortened (No Second Verse, Second Chorus, or Bridge))
23. Lost In The Echo (Shortened (No Second Verse or Second Chorus); Drum Transition Outro)
24. Crawling (Shortened (Through First Chorus Only); w/ Faster Tempo))
25. New Divide (Shortened (No First Chorus or Second Verse))
26. What I've Done (Short Ticking Intro; Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)
27. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro w/ Chant; Ext. Bridge w/ Drum Solo + The Catalyst Refrain; Ext. Ending)

Show Notes:
- "Given Up" was played with more clapping at the beginning than usual.
- On the transition outro of 'Runaway', Mike rapped verse one of 'Wastelands'.
- 'Castle Of Glass' (labeled the "Experience Version") was performed as a mashup of the album version with Mike's Recharged remix. Only the intro/first verse came from the album version before it went into the remix portion of the song.
- Joe's solo portion of the show featured parts of 'Wretches And Kings', the 'Victimized' M. Shinoda remix from Recharged, 'Session', 'Buy Myself' (Marilyn Manson Remix), 'Cure For the Itch', and 'Plc.4 Mie Haed' from Reanimation.
- Mike's solo portion of the show featured the first verse of 'Wretches And Kings', a sped up chorus of 'Remember The Name' (by Fort Minor), and "Hands Held High". This is the first time "Hands Held High" was played during the medley and the first time any portion of it was played since 8.22.09 Epicenter. The instrumental of the medley incorporated part of 'Wretches And Kings', part of the 'Skin To Bone' remix, part of 'Remember The Name', and part of 'In My Remains'.
- The intro for 'Until It's Gone' featured parts of 'No More Sorrow', 'The Catalyst', 'New Divide', and 'Until It's Gone' mashed together.
- On the ending of 'What I've Done', Mike extended the end of the song and performed the sing-a-long outro for the first time on the European Tour.

- During the intro of 'Bleed It Out', Mike talked about seeing footage of them playing at Rock am Ring in 2001, the first time they played the festival, and talked about it being their fifth time playing the festival. He then had the crowd chant "Rock am Ring!"
- During the bridge of 'Bleed It Out', Rob performed a drum solo before the band sang a refrain from 'The Catalyst'.

Other Notes:
- A day before the show, Mike sprained his ankle. He wore a bandage throughout the entire show.
- A unique picture came out before this show, a shot of Linkin Park's menu. The picture can be viewed here.
- This is the first time since 2004 Linkin Park's set at Rock am Ring was shown live in full. Previous years (2007 and 2012), the record label refused to let the band be broadcast.

I'd like to add three things on "Other Notes":
1. I think I heard at about the half of the show, Mike said something like "What's up Berlin?".

2. On In The End, Mike messed up the first verse.

3. Phoenix fell on Faint :)

4. On Bleed It Out, we can see Chester talking and hugging someone from the side of the stage. That's Andre Lieberberg, the son of Marek Lieberberg. :)

Edited by AlexAndr0nic

I'd like to add three things on "Other Notes":

1. I think I heard at about the half of the show, Mike said something like "What's up Berlin?".

I remember Mike saying "Berlin make some noise" at one point and the crowd were silent haha

Damn ASTAT You just don't change over the years. And now it's going to get just worse after You're married :lol: . Chill out from time to time will you? I don't give a shit how many followers he has. I just don't like that dude that's all :P

*Edit* Nevermind, not worth potentially going to jail for what I WANT to say to you. But let's just put it this way, I've never attacked someone's personal life just because I was butthurt that they called me out on something stupid I said. You, on the other hand...well, the post is quoted now.

And you're apparently in the minority because a LOT of people have pointed out how much I've toned it down over the last couple years. I used to go on tirades almost every day. Maybe that's just because the LP fanbase is older on average now and there aren't as many idiots around though. :lol:

Edited by Astat

I remember Mike saying "Berlin make some noise" at one point and the crowd were silent haha

Yes, I listen to my recording to cut into separate files, after Mike's solo portion he said "Berlin make some motherf***ing noise right now!" Years ago, I thought Mike said RaR 2004 at the beginning "...London...Are you...." Then I noticed that he said Nuernberg! :lol:

*Edit* Nevermind, not worth potentially going to jail for what I WANT to say to you. But let's just put it this way, I've never attacked someone's personal life just because I was butthurt that they called me out on something stupid I said. You, on the other hand...well, the post is quoted now.

And you're apparently in the minority because a LOT of people have pointed out how much I've toned it down over the last couple years. I used to go on tirades almost every day. Maybe that's just because the LP fanbase is older on average now and there aren't as many idiots around though. :lol:

You've definitely toned it down over the years, IMO. You even stopped yelling at ME most of the time.

Final thoughts on this show:

I think this crowd even beats the 2007 crowd there. The OSC and Faint crowds in 2007 were insane but this crowd consistently insane the whole show. I even saw moshpits on COG remix.

GATS sounded on point. I still think it's a bit odd to open a show but it works. Given Up I think should be dropped for No More Sorrow. But I mean no COMPLAINTS on any of those songs. Chester was giving it his all, screaming everywhere. And then I see Thomas succeeded and got the flag on stage - hell yeah!

The place was going fucking insane on Points and One Step Closer. Then Blackout > Papercut a bomb went off, haha. I wish they would have shown more of the crowd there! That shit was epic! The crowd was exploding and I was really loving what I was seeing. With You, Runaway and Wastelands were great.

The set goes down hill starting with COG. It's like the flow is weird. The Germans know COG and love it, but the techno part is a bit odd after the huge heavy jams to start the show, and then the Ballad Medley is a true disaster right there. The band seemed super excited to play it tonight but I really dislike the song. All energy is gone and the crowd goes to sleep. SURPRISINGLY Chester's voice was the worst on SOTD there. Didn't see that coming at all.

Robot Boy is next and I have to say that I absolutely LOVE these ATS interludes. I'm a huge fan of Blackout but I do know it must be hard for Chester to sing it every show. The fact that they play Blackout and Robot Boy in interlude form is A+++ to me. Shinoda completely jams on Robot Boy and is rocking the synth. I didn't realize until this show that Rob and Brad don't do anything on the track - it's all sampled except for Mike's piano and Mike's synth. Wow. I wouldn't change anything about the interludes since they absolutely kick ass. Adding vocals to Blackout (doing the breakdown to the ending of the song, for example) I guess would make the transition weird. Keep both of these in the setlist though, because at this point I'll take Robot Boy partial over In The End any day since it's rare, lol. That's how much something small like that means to me. I hope Robot Boy sticks around for Carnivores.

Moving on past that rant... Joe's solo medley seems to be getting better (somehow). I like it a lot but I think the crowd is like WTF at it. Maybe put that in the encore #2 spot? Then the set goes downhill again with BID. Building it erp. I'd drop this crap all day long as I consider it one of the worst songs ever written by Linkin Park (ouch?) but that's just me. I'd rather hear Lost In The Echo in full there. Waiting For The End is a fucking FORCE live and it's becoming an anthem. Apaches Intro blows the fucking place up with Shinoda dropping verses like it's 1999 looking like a complete badass. They nail the song and the Wall of Noise outro is A+. Love WFTE now after I hated it on the ATS tour (the song has come a long way!).

Mike's solo medley is great. He does that little instrumental beat thing before it over the Wretches Savio speech, which is cool. He's totally in control there. Then he runs full speed off of the keyboard to the stage to blow the fuck up on the Wretches verse. He turns the hat around and jams like it's a January 2006 Fort Minor tour. EPIC. And Hands Held High! Wow that's my favorite of the three verses so far, by far. It was like some gangster rap-sounding shit (yes I am still talking about HHH). Totally redid how the verse is delivered and it sounds incredible. Wow I'd really love to see that verse on Carnivores!

And Joe lead it right into Numb/Encore, which was stellar and then into Numb which blew the crowd up. It might be the best Numb performance I have ever seen and I really disliked the song for many years. Just adding an intro and an outro makes it 100x better to me!

ITE and Faint are classics, so no problem there. I'd drop ITE at this point but I'd much rather see it than Crawling so it's fine.

UIG's intro is epic. I love that shit. UIG live really rocks it. The crowd doesn't know it but it's in a good spot in the set. I'd maybe do NMS w/ long intro to open the encore and then UIG after it, but it's ok.

Then the setlist goes downhill for me, a lot. Why is there a need to play all these shortened versions of songs? It already sucks that Papercut is shortened and With You is shortened and Runaway is VERY shortened. I'd love to see the full versions of those tracks since they kick so much ass live. Drop Burn It Down and the Ballad Medley and there is room for all three of those Hybrid Theory songs in full. Ok well then it goes from ALTNC partial to LITE partial to Crawling partial to ND partial. Holy overload. Why is that necessary? Chester gets no break there and you can tell he starts to struggle vocally at this point in the show. Remember that this is just my opinion but wow I am not a fan at all. Drop ALTNC, ND and Crawling and perform Lost In The Echo and A Place For My Head in full there and we will be in GREAT shape.

WID w/ solo is incredible and Rob's BIO drum solo is really great. I loved the extended BIO...the crowd singing Catalyst is awesome. If there isn't APFMH in full though then let's cut this Catalyst 3x operation and do it 2x w/ APFMH over BIO. Seems like an easy change that'll please a lot of people. Because who doesn't like the APFMH bridge over BIO? Haha.

This crowd was stellar so I can't wait to see a DVD of this performance. The camera angles could have been better but I liked the show a lot. If I suggest anything to do to the setlist it would be:

- Rotate Given Up and No More Sorrow, just to get NMS some play time. The crowds LOVE it. Maybe it'll come back on Carnivores.

- Play Papercut, With You, Runaway in full. Drop Ballad Medley and Burn It Down for this to happen.

- Keep rotating the Mike verse in his medley. He seems to be having fun doing it! Plus it's great to get some of this other material live! When was the last time a Hands Held High verse was even rapped live? 2009?

- Fix the shortened encore nonsense. Let's get it like: Until It's Gone w/ intro, Lost In The Echo, A Place For My Head, What I've Done, Bleed It Out or something (all in full). No need for these shortened songs. Crawling is horrible.

/endpost

-ALTNC Is a great live song they should play it in full, it's like BID the studio versions may suck but the live versions turn on the crowd.

-Can't believe that the ballad medley survived this touring cycle, I was watching the webcast with a friend and she said, ''hey what's up with that crap? i'm falling asleep''

-Can't believe that HHH worked so well, it sounds brilliant, it feels like another song

-Until It's Gone is a great live song but I don't think that it fits as the opening of the encore, they need something heavier and faster there.

-WID spot isn't great, switch it with any other high energy song.

I totally called it after the second show with Mike changing up verses on his medley. I've only seen the video to GATS so far but I will watch more tomorrow (still hyped over hearing Final Masquerade leak). I think the solos for WID, BIO, and Mike's solo are what I will watch from every show because they all change a little at each show