2014.06.07 - Adenau, Germany - Rock am Ring

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching this show, I feel like my overall opinion of the band has changed a lot. This tour is going really well for them. Blew Rock In Rio away, Russia was a huge success, the Poland show had over 30,000 people for a headlining show and Italy will do the same. Rock am Ring had 80,000 people going fucking crazy. The band is back with their game.

Living Things I felt lacked a rock single to lead it and Burn It Down/Lies Greed Misery were both miserable (terrible) songs to me. I do like Lost In The Echo live (not big on the studio version, but it jams live). Anyway, ATS they were able to headline anything and do what they wanted worldwide because of how big HT/Meteora/MTM/the whole band is....but with ATS and LT coming in a row they didn't even get a headlining spot at Summer Sonic 2013 over Muse. That was a shock to me. And the ATS Tour lacked legit crowds in the USA, but HCT did well (a large part of that was because Incubus was on the bill, though).

I felt like they sort of slipped from that level of "one of the biggest rock bands in the world, can headline anything anytime anywhere, etc". The touring wasn't big, LT had nothing big on the radio, etc.

But with The Hunting Party, they're making a statement. GATS opening the show is great, the band is really bringing a different but epic live show right now and they're playing more than 2 odd songs live lol - they're playing 3 fucking jams in the setlist (GATS, UIG, Wastelands). I'm a lot more excited for this album and Carnivores than I ever thought I'd be. After seeing Atlanta 2011 to a very shitty and small (6,000~?) crowd in a huge venue, I was really disappointed. HCT was great but I thought they'd do more touring in 2013 and all and then play a lot more of LT live..but ALTNC and Recharged and the lack of touring really got me down. LT didn't seem to resonate super well with the fanbase to me.

They are back and they are ready to roll.

WOAH. This was my first time watching Linkin Park on a live stream. I have watched Linkin Park live concerts but I haven't watched Linkin Park concerts live (apart from in person). It was such a thrill getting to watch it while chilling with everyone in the shoutbox.

This was also my first full show from the tour that I have watched. The show energy was amazing. Everyone was smiling, the crowd was pumped and all in all, it sounded pretty great. I hope Linkin Park come back to NZ for the The Hunting Party world tour.

Show page is up. Soul, the WID outro was done in Russia and the Given Up extra intro has been there the whole tour, but I just added the clapping to the set notes. Added some other stuff you guys mentioned. Source info is there.

Show page is up. Soul, the WID outro was done in Russia and the Given Up extra intro has been there the whole tour, but I just added the clapping to the set notes. Added some other stuff you guys mentioned. Source info is there.

Didn't realize about the GU thing. However, about the WID thing - I completely forgot to go back and edit that, I was jamming too hard to the performance haha. I'll keep that in mind for the next time I do the post.