Wastelands [Official Lyric Video]

SpikeMinoda

Great song. Mike is sounding better and better. You should see the Youtube comments. People are saying his old personal writing is better. Imagine how pissed we would all be if the verse ended up like this:

This is war with no weapons

Tired of being threatened

I've been doing some regretting

The fault is my message

Do the math fear plus pain

Equals hatred with acidic rain and tear stains

Hahaha.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not downloading from that shitty host.

My first impression was it sounded pretty similar to previous songs, most obvious being Chester's vocal melody and how it is very close to his melody on Guilty All The Same. The bridge is just terrible in my opinion. It feels so empty. The little breakdown with Chester singing softer is a little nice, but also very expected.

I'm not feeling as hyped as I was for this album, but that's how I was when I heard Burn It Down and Lies Greed Misery, I thought Living Things was going to be full of garbage, but I ended up finding a few of my favorite LP songs from that album when it was released and I was very pleased with it for awhile. I hope that is happening this time again.

Mike's lyrics in his rap are pretty good, chorus guitar is cool, the synth stuff behind Mike's raps are cool, and that's about it for me.

I don't see how this labeled as a Nu Metal track by fans. Give them this after three albums and around 10-15 ballad tracks and all of a sudden one rap/rock song is nu metal. Doesn't make sense to me. I guess "Bleed It Out", "Wretches And Kings" and "Lost In The Echo" were the OMG LP MAKES NO PROGRESSION Y NO 5 MINUTE LULLABY?!?! tracks of the past album cycles. Not saying you guys are hating, just well that other fan base..the um, I don't even want to say the website. You know, them guys.

So this song is right before UIG on the album, but the ending percussion on one of the 3:15 versions out there sound like a different tempo before it goes into UIG. When it comes out on Spotify I'm sure it will have that ending like UIG did so then we can see if they blend together.

Very Hybrid Theory style vibe to it, basic structure but deep layers in both instruments and vocals.. It's safe to say that they've channeled a good deal of HT on THP.

This reminds me more of their Hybrid Theory Ep style mixed with a tad of Minutes To Midnight. I'm going 80/20 on that. Definitely would be the best "this is like a prequel to Hybrid Theory because of what we listened to at the time" kind of tracks.

--

This track is creeping in my favorites. I know this one could get old fast and if this was released in March instead of Guilty I'd probably be over it. Not listening to Until It's Gone has been a good thing because I'm kind of digging it now.

I havent said much on here sijnce I usually comment more on LPA

But I LOVE this song. I think it's the best of the 3, barely ahead of UIG. Wastelands>UIG>GATS. But I love them all! 3/3 so far!

This album is shaping up to be their best album yet for me! And Like Danielpsoad said, apparently these songs ardent even the highlights of the album!

Ive heard great reviews from every track. Some didn't like "War" because its a punk type song and a lot of LP fans dont like punk. But besides that the reviews havent said a bad thing about this album.

I have a feeling KTTK and ALITS will be my favorites but we will have to wait and see.

So far this album is blowing away any other LP album away. If all the tracks are at least as good as GATS this will easily be their best album yet.

The only song im hyped less for than the rest is Final Masquerade. I don't even know why, I just always forget the song exists and stuff (until it recently showed up on Spotify, now ill never forget about it.) But even with not much hype for this song, Im sure its amazing! Aparently its the second softest track on the album (UIG being first) but also has energy to it! So im exicted to see how it and the whole album turns out!

I don't see how this labeled as a Nu Metal track by fans. Give them this after three albums and around 10-15 ballad tracks and all of a sudden one rap/rock song is nu metal. Doesn't make sense to me. I guess "Bleed It Out", "Wretches And Kings" and "Lost In The Echo" were the OMG LP MAKES NO PROGRESSION Y NO 5 MINUTE LULLABY?!?! tracks of the past album cycles. Not saying you guys are hating, just well that other fan base..the um, I don't even want to say the website. You know, them guys.

Are you calling out LPA?

Cause that definitely not necessary AT. ALL. No reason to hate on LPA. Cant we all just get along.

Also, if you are. No one on LPA has said its a nu-metal song. We have compared it to "Meteora" and a lot of us are claiming it's what "Meteora" should have been. But no one has actually said it is nu-metal. I havent seen that word once when describing the song. And Ive read every post on LPA about it.

Edited by Bliss

Are you calling out LPA?

Cause that definitely not necessary AT. ALL. No reason to hate on LPA. Cant we all just get along.

Also, if you are. No one on LPA has said its a nu-metal song. We have compared it to "Meteora" and a lot of us are claiming it's what "Meteora" should have been. But no one has actually said it is nu-metal. I havent seen that word once when describing the song. And Ive read every post on LPA about it.

If you haven't seen anyone call it that there then why the fuck do you think he's calling out another site? Don't start drama. No reason for those type of comments. LPA isn't the only fansite in the world that talks about a new song believe it or not.

Jeeze, not more of this fan site vs. Fansite nonsense again....

Back on topic! Wastelands is a damn good song! Fantastic riff from brad! Hopefully he's got his mojo back on this album (and then some!). Killer beat from rob and Mike is on great form as usual. Chester's vocals continue to be different but I'm digging the rawness and unprocessed style heard in the three tracks so far. I doubt we've heard the tip of iceberg yet when he unleashes the beast on the rest of the album tracks.