"Mall" Official Trailer

hahninator

Straight to DVD is pretty disappointing considering some of the cast, and the amount of work put into this. Oh well - filmmaking is a side project for Joe, anyway, it might be better for LP if he doesn't get continually pulled away by other projects.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have pulled a Jared Leto (can't believe I am saying this) and had Joe show it to fans on tour. Start with Lisboa and it's after every LP show in Europe and a few times on Carnivores. Seems like a good idea to me. Mike and the rest can join in randomly if they want. Or Joe doesn't have to be at it every time if he doesn't feel like it. Get a few hundred fans somewhere to watch it and that'd be a really fun event.

/LPU

This is how it would sound THP if they never changed the sound. And if you really want to know if it's Mike, simple record the song and play with the pitch.

Edited by MacGyver

Definitely sounds like what the band would have released if they didn't go in the direction of THP and I love it. I hope they do something similar sounding to this for the next album's direction. So mature sounding compared to THP.

Edited by Geki

Song confirmed to be ALITS: https://mobile.twitter.com/liljanetr7/status/471874309279842305

Also asked a LPA member who was at Listening party to confirm as well

SOURCE: LPA/tweet

Definitely sounds like what the band would have released if it weren't for THP. Thank god they didn't.

Spoke too soon :P

EDIT:

If you listen to the song, towards the end of the preview before the explosion, drums start coming in and then they "stop"

I have a feeling this is as TurtleGuy said: Starts off like an ATS song and then when those drums stop, the shredding rock comes in!

DOUBLE EDIT: LPA member TurtleGuy confirmed it is not ALITS

TRIPPLE EDIT:

From LPA:

Hey guys I just hadn't looked at this threat yet. That song is def not ALITS. The ALITS intro is sung more like a dark version of Iridescent, and it's more slower paced than this.

Edited by Bliss

Song confirmed to be ALITS: https://mobile.twitter.com/liljanetr7/status/471874309279842305

EDIT:

If you listen to the song, towards the end of the preview before the explosion, drums start coming in and then they "stop"

I have a feeling this is as TurtleGuy said: Starts off like an ATS song and then when those drums stop, the shredding rock comes in!

DOUBLE EDIT: LPA member TurtleGuy confirmed it is not ALITS

TRIPPLE EDIT:

From LPA:

Glad it isn't ALITS, I don't it would fit THP. The vocals sounds identical to those in Fear, so I think it's Mike that is singing. I think they should let Phoenix sing in LP, since he has a very good voice in my opinion.

I didn't think it was ALITS, doesn't sound like the type of music LP was trying to achieve with THP, I was right after all, I guess. I think it sounds pretty damn good. Since it's on the Mall soundtrack, that is pretty cool because I did want to hear some of the music they were working on before they went with the direction they did for THP. They started working on the Mall soundtrack after the Honda Civic Tour 2012 into 2013, so I imagine this song could very well be from that time, who knows? I can't wait to hear the Mall soundtrack as well as see the movie, gonna be really cool. Probably much better than Joe's last film, The Seed.

Edited by Geki

I didn't think it was ALITS, doesn't sound like the type of music LP was trying to achieve with THP, I was right after all, I guess. I don't hate it, I think it sounds pretty damn good. I just would prefer for LP to continue on in the heavier direction like they did instead of this direction for the album. Since it's on the Mall soundtrack, that is pretty cool because I did want to hear some of the music they were working on before they went with the direction they did for THP. They started working on the Mall soundtrack after the Honda Civic Tour into 2013, so I imagine this song could very well be from that time, who knows? I can't wait to hear the Mall soundtrack as well as see the movie, gonna be really cool. Probably much better than Joe's last film, The Seed.

The thing is turtleGuy said the song starts off sounding like an ATS song then transforms into a Shredding rock song. So what we heard exactly fit that bill and that's what got some of us confused :D

The thing is turtleGuy said the song starts off sounding like an ATS song then transforms into a Shredding rock song. So what we heard exactly fit that bill and that's what got some of us confused :D

Ahh yeah, I could see why. The track sounds really epic, though.