Transformers 4 to Feature... Imagine Dragons

hahninator

Over the past few years, Linkin Park has gained the notoriety of being the "Transformers band" among other titles. What I've Done was featured in the first Transformers movie, along with Second To None by Styles Of Beyond (featuring Mike). New Divide was THE song for Transformers 2 (featuring score contributions by Linkin Park as well), and Iridescent was in the 3rd edition of the movie. Additionally, Linkin Park performed at the Transformers 2 and Transformers 3 Premieres in Los Angeles in 2009 and Moscow in 2011, respectively.

As per Michael Bay's website today, Transformers: Age Of Extinction (the fourth movie) will feature an original song by Imagine Dragons called Battle Cry. Additionally, they will be contributing to the score of the film with Steve Jablonsky and Hans Zimmer and will be performing at the Transformers 4 debut in Hong Kong on June 19th.

With Imagine Dragons being named the "official band" for Transformers 4, it seems like Linkin Park's run as the Transformers band has come to an end. However, we still think it is possible that a song by the band will show up on the movie's soundtrack as The Hunting Party is set to be released soon and a lot of new music has been created by LP lately. Perhaps Until It's Gone will be submitted since it has that pop/mainstream feel, or maybe Guilty All The Same will be used in a high-energy scene. Until we know for sure, we can't rule out that Linkin Park won't be featured on the soundtrack but we do know that they won't be performing at the movie's premiere.

This is a good thing, IMO. I've seen people call LP ''the Transformers band'' and shit like that so many times over the years. It's only natural that they would pick someone like Imagine Dragons for it because they are huge in the mainstream right now and are very safe radio rock, it will fit well with Transformers. As far as LP being on the soundtrack, possibly, but I wouldn't really count on it.

For a while I thought Steve Aoki and LP would contribute a song to the movie.

I assume the track that Steve & LP did will be features in Steve 2nd album next year,so they decided not to release this year.

Edited by Stranger

I predict until it's gone will be on the soundtrack even if they're not the official band of T4. The song fits with the precious songs they've contributed as well as the music, lyrics, & Chester's melodic harmonies & belted screams!

It's their loss. LP contributed awesome songs for all of the Transformers movies, and performed great shows in the premiers as well. If the band will contribute a song, I guess it will be UIG. GATS just doesn't seem like a song that can fit into the movie.

The cast of Transformers has changed and now the band that is okay. It could be also possible that Michael Bay asked the band, and the band were like : "No we don't contribute a song for the movie anymore".

It doesn't matter, I look forward to the new album coming out, in just 4 weeks.

I'm looking forward to the ID song, I can't say I'm TOO disappointed about LP not being in the soundtrack; if it was in 2013 or some other one-off year I would be more sad. If the song was on TF4 we would of still gotten that song on the album, and a music video that just featured the band performing and a bunch of scenes from the movie.

Now, thinking back, I can imagine this decision could have been made by the same time Mike wrote that letter saying the rock was dead, naming specifically Imagine Drangons...

Maybe. Like I said, Imagine Dragons are a very mainstream band with a very safe rock sound, they would be big for huge movies like TF4.

YES!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!

IMAGINE DRAGONS IS AMAZING.

IMAGINE DRAGONS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

LP has a lot of music while ID has been lagging behind since their last album release so yes, give me more ID!

LP has a lot of music while ID has been lagging behind since their last album release so yes, give me more ID!

Lolz. :lol:

Posted Image

They're fantastic, the snippet sounds awesome and high energy. I think they'll do a great job as the headliner band for TF.

Kinda makes sense since it's a new trilogy, new set of actors, new look to at least some of the transformers, so new main band would be logical.

As far as it being bad for LP not to be the "Transformers Band", I really doubt losing that association will do any damage to their popularity. If anything, I think it's better for them, considering TF2 is considered a disaster (although ND was great), and TF3 was largely considered "eh". If anything, I think Transformers needed them to help with increasing hype for the movie.

Posted Image

They're fantastic, the snippet sounds awesome and high energy. I think they'll do a great job as the headliner band for TF.

Kinda makes sense since it's a new trilogy, new set of actors, new look to at least some of the transformers, so new main band would be logical.

As far as it being bad for LP not to be the "Transformers Band", I really doubt losing that association will do any damage to their popularity. If anything, I think it's better for them, considering TF2 is considered a disaster (although ND was great), and TF3 was largely considered "eh". If anything, I think Transformers needed them to help with increasing hype for the movie.

I saw that whole ''Transformers band'' thing in action when I was at a local bar one night a year or two ago, and LP was being played on the jukebox thing they have there, and some guy started talking about LP with his friend and I overheard him say something like ''I think they only make songs for Transformers now, I don't think they make albums anymore''. But it's kind of odd because LT had just been released and it was the number one rock album in 2012. I think LP has fallen a little bit out of the mainstream in recent years, they still sell lots of albums and sell out arenas, etc, but as far as what casual fans know, I think that is true. Even more so now that they made an album like THP and they are not on Transformers 4 (as far as we know).

This is good news. The TF films have gotten worse with each one and the new one looks to continue the trend.

I highly doubt LP will contribute a song to the soundtrack because if they did, then they'd just stay on as the "TF band" and there'd be no announcment about ID

imagine dragons? lol radioactive sounds very nickleback like to me lol. The less mainstream LP gets is better imo

:facepalm:

ID does not sound anything like Nickleback

I think, don't quote me on it, but I think Bliss might like Imagine Dragons. Maybe.

:lol: