News Roundup

hahninator

Here's a recap of what's been going on in the Linkin Park world in case anyone has missed anything:

First, the lyric video for Until It's Gone has debuted. Going by what the band has done before in regards to singles, this is not the official music video...that will likely be released sometime later.

, and
all had lyric videos before their real videos debuted.

Next, the album is climbing quickly in the iTunes charts. You can preorder it in the USA store here. iTunes also released a few more track times for songs on the album:

Posted Image

More promotional pictures for the album have been found by MikeShinodaClan, and you can view those on their site here. They have the best photo gallery for Linkin Park on the web, so we recommend you register there if you love pictures of the band (live shows, press conferences, promo pics, etc).

Warner Music Germany has an interview series they are slowly releasing where the band is talking about The Hunting Party. The fifth video was released today and has Mike and Brad discussing recording the album at two different locations instead of recording it at NRG, where they usually record albums at. The fifth video can be seen below...browse around the WMG account for the others.

Lastly, as we posted before, the official preorders are up on Linkin Park's website for the album. Three packages are available.

There will also be a DVD with The Hunting Party but it is for Europe only...however, international fans can preorder it from Amazon.de. Adam confirmed yesterday that the DVD will not be a "making of", so we are going with an educated guess to say that it will be the Concert For The Philippines show. This is NOT confirmed, but it makes sense as Ethan Mates's website listed the following information for February 2014:

"Concert for the Philippines

02-24-14

I mixed Linkin Park's performance at the benefit for broadcast and dvd, and continued recording new Linkin Park album in LA."

Hopefully we will find out if our guess is correct about the DVD soon! It is possible that the DVD will be something along the lines of A Thousand Suns+ (the Madrid 2010 show) and Living Things+ (the Berlin 2012 show).

It'd be pretty disappointing if it's the Concert for the Phillipines. It was a very short presentation, Chester was sick (yes, I know they fixed everything when they showed it on TV), Castle Of Glass sounded awful, etc.

I wonder why they don't do making of DVDs anymore. I really enjoyed the MTM one. They should record their Download Festival presentation and put together a pretty cool documentary DVD with the concert and interviews as a celebration of their 15+ years. That'd be awesome.

Edited by danielpsoad-09

Download Festival is the perfect excuse to release a badass DVD, just like they did with Road to Revolution. Both are very special peformances.

Live In Texas, Madrid 2010 and Berlin 2012 weren't particularly special concerts and they all got released.

I like that they are releasing more live DVD's but always the wrong stuff, it's always something that we already have. The MFR show was one of the my least favorite shows in a long time, it was just bad.

I actually wouldn't mind if the DVD will be Concert For the Philippines. I personally think it was a descent show, considering the fact Chester was sick. Also, we will be able to get a good quality video of the ENTIRE show (there are still no normal sources for Faint, New Divide, Waiting For The End and Breaking The Habit). But, it's still a shame there will be no "making of" DVD...

Sucks that there is no making of DVD. I will probably purchase the CD/DVD soon for the sake of collection and what not. I hope we actually get the full show if they do this and not just that broadcast they did on YouTube with half of the songs.

Concert for the Philippines was a very chilled out show so it wouldn't make sense for them to release it with THP because the whole point of this CD is high energy. Am I right?

Also, I didn't think that show was that good to be honest.

If they wanna release a show from the last tour , Sunset Strip Music Festival 2013 is the best choice.Or maybe we will get a documentary about LP's member working on the other things like Joe's movie and the other things.

That actually would make a lot of sense and it was a WAY better show than Concert for the Philippines. I was there, I'm not just being biased, but the band was pretty spot on that night, IMO. Especially APFMH.

That actually would make a lot of sense and it was a WAY better show than Concert for the Philippines. I was there, I'm not just being biased, but the band was pretty spot on that night, IMO. Especially APFMH.

So did you see any cameras? Was it filmed?

So did you see any cameras? Was it filmed?

Yes, I saw some. I said that the night of the show on here, I think. I just found it interesting that LPTV had pro-shot clips of the performance and they also used part of it in the Carnivores Tour commercial. Unfortunately, I think LP will end up doing the Concert for the Philippines, though. I think when Ethan said he was mixing it for a broadcast and DVD, that kind of says it, unfortunately.