Stone Temple Pilots Cancel All 2014 Shows

hahninator

Stone Temple Pilots have cancelled all of their upcoming shows, according to the Soundwave Festival, where the band is set to play in February and March.

"STONE TEMPLE PILOTS regretfully cancel all upcoming shows

The recording of the new album has now gone beyond schedule and sadly the availability of the recording studio, engineers and the producer or lack thereof dictates that the band have had to cancel their upcoming engagements."

The new album from the band seems to be taking up a lot of time, and you can probably bet that the Linkin Park album is also taking up a lot of time from Chester. Time is crucial since Linkin Park has a new album on the way and an upcoming summer tour starting in May, so STP and LP probably want to get both albums completed as soon as possible. The three week STP tour was set to be twelve shows in five countries.

The following shows are CANCELLED:

13.02.2014 Dubai, AE, Festival Park, Dubai Jazz Festival

16.02.2014 Greater Noida, IN, Buddh International Circuit, MTV Xtreme

19.02.2014 Jakarta, ID, Tennis Indoor Stadium

22.02.2014 Bowen Hills, AUS, RNA Showgrounds, Soundwave

23.02.2014 Homebush, AUS, Olympic Park, Soundwave

25.02.2014 Newtown, AUS, Enmore Theatre, Sidewave

26.02.2014 St Kilda, AUS, Palais Theatre, Sidewave

28.02.2014 Flemington, AUS, Flemington Racecourse, Soundwave

01.03.2014 Adelaide, AUS, Bonython Park, Soundwave

03.03.2014 Claremont, AUS, Claremont Showground, Soundwave

06.03.2014 Honolulu, HI The Republik

07.03.2014 Honolulu, HI, The Republik

Ouch!

2/23 EDIT: STP confirmed on Facebook that recording a new album is NOT the cause of the cancellation. Their statement reads:

"We regret that, due to an unforeseen scheduling conflict, our forthcoming tour dates in Australia, the Middle East and Hawaii have had to be cancelled. An initial statement citing "recording delays" wasn't true -- the conflict wasn't related to recording new STP material. We are deeply disappointed to not be able to perform these shows, and look forward to making them up in the future.

-Robert, Dean, Eric and Chester"

We can now safely assume this is due to Chester's recording conflicts with Linkin Park.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I couldn't care less about STP I was always worried about Chester beeing the lead singer of two big bands. In my view that can't go well and this proves my concern. I hope this will never affect LP in any sense.

Though I feel sorry for everyone who had tickets already, planned his trip to the show......

Painfull for stp and the fans...... But tbh I am glad, Some rest for Chester and I feel like this gives lp more time for making the album. I am not really a fan of stp but I know that Chester loves playin with em so it must be frustrating for him too. Best Solution? Great album for LP in the making and LP touring in India (they were sooooooo happy with stp coming).

I was half expecting it but I'm still surprised! I was always worried Chester would spread himself too thinly though I doubt he'd be the one to instigate cancelling gigs.

I think the reason they've given though is pretty lame, I'm thinking there is more too this than that excuse. *conspiracy* :mellow:

I hope this will never affect LP in any sense.

It won't. He would never sacrifice anything related to LP for STP or whatever. I also think he canceled the tour because he is hard at work on the new LP album with the guys and they want to get it out this year. I don't think it has to do with STP recording a full album at all. STP is just a side band, it's not LP, you know what I mean?

It won't. He would never sacrifice anything related to LP for STP or whatever. I also think he canceled the tour because he is hard at work on the new LP album with the guys and they want to get it out this year. I don't think it has to do with STP recording a full album at all. STP is just a side band, it's not LP, you know what I mean?

Totally agree I can't see STP doing much this year as I think it will be a LP driven year and chester will always put LP first

Totally agree I can't see STP doing much this year as I think it will be a LP driven year and chester will always put LP first

Anyone who thinks that he would push LP aside for something STP related is crazy, LOL.

I see this being one of two things....

1. LP/LP mgmt want to get the LP record done ASAP and have a deadline for it coming up, and they need all the time to work on it, so the STP tour is cancelled since it's not the #1 priority.

2. Both STP and LP want their new CDs done soon, before the LP summer tour starts. There might be a deadline for the LP album of like April, since the tour starts in May or something. I guess there's really no way to know unless STP releases an album this year. I personally didn't know Chester was recording two albums at the exact same time right now.

I personally thought Chester jammed 100x harder with STP than he does with LP and enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than an LP show. He talked a lot between the songs too. He seemed wayyyy happier.

LOL I don't agree with this at all. Chester loves LP and he jams way harder with LP. LP is his baby, just like it's everyone else's baby that is in LP as well. Go join a STP forum if you like it more than LP!!!

LOL I don't agree with this at all. Chester loves LP and he jams way harder with LP. LP is his baby, just like it's everyone else's baby that is in LP as well. Go join a STP forum if you like it more than LP!!!

I like LP as a band much more than STP but you are misleading yourself if you've seen both LP and STP in the past year and think Chester is having more fun with LP. Watch him play Faint. Then watch any STP song from the show. He is really jamming huge.

LP is phoning in songs like Faint, etc live right now and it's very obvious. If you disagree that's fine but I'm telling you Preston and I saw the band in Jacksonville and it was ridiculous.

Yes all of the shows are cancelled. https://twitter.com/mtgh/status/428511158765887488/photo/1 This states Jakarta is POSTPONED (I saw it on another site too but I'm having a hard time finding the link - I'll keep looking, but it says postponed too), which is interesting. This states Dubai is cancelled: http://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/mus...ancel-dubai-gig This is probably why they never officially announced the India show. Although AJ Madden, the Soundwave promoter, said within 4 hours of STP telling him just yesterday that they were cancelling, he found a replacement.

STP is very slow with announcements/confirmations but I am surprised they haven't posted anything about the cancellation yet.

I like LP as a band much more than STP but you are misleading yourself if you've seen both LP and STP in the past year and think Chester is having more fun with LP. Watch him play Faint. Then watch any STP song from the show. He is really jamming huge.

LP is phoning in songs like Faint, etc live right now and it's very obvious. If you disagree that's fine but I'm telling you Preston and I saw the band in Jacksonville and it was ridiculous.

Yes all of the shows are cancelled. https://twitter.com/mtgh/status/428511158765887488/photo/1 This states Jakarta is POSTPONED (I saw it on another site too but I'm having a hard time finding the link - I'll keep looking, but it says postponed too), which is interesting. This states Dubai is cancelled: http://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/mus...ancel-dubai-gig This is probably why they never officially announced the India show. Although AJ Madden, the Soundwave promoter, said within 4 hours of STP telling him just yesterday that they were cancelling, he found a replacement.

STP is very slow with announcements/confirmations but I am surprised they haven't posted anything about the cancellation yet.

I saw LP and STP within about a month of each other last year. LP definitely blew STP apart. Chester was rocking out hard to all the LP songs and he looked like he was having a blast. The whole band did. Chester isn't the only person in LP, either. Mike and the rest of the band were rocking out as well. STP was good and Chester did look like he was having fun, but he didn't look like he was having more fun than he does at LP shows, it seemed about the same. I think Chester has fun playing on stage with any band, he just likes performing and stuff. Chester looks like he is having a blast when he plays with Camp Freddy as well. Hell, even BOW he looked like he was having a lot of fun. All I'm saying is that I am willing to bet if someone asked Chester which he enjoyed more (STP or LP), he would say LP.